Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: RG - Extensive clean

Bike
    Katana 1135, RG500, GSXR1100, KX250
    What a summer, not a lot done in the shed but now its time to get things back on track.
    First up are those dam callipers.... they have been haunting me for ever, now they are viper blasted and painted.
    I have used spray cans and are very pleased with the final result.
    Colour is Ford Solar gold with a clear coat. Not overly good protection for brake fluid so I will need to be carful when bleeding them, so I have purchased stahlbus bleeders.
    Not cheap but hey you get what you pay for, next is stainless pistons and new seals, to be purchased. Total for brakes will be like $800-$1000. The bleeders alone where $300 and the same for the stainless pistons, then add seals and brake pads. I feel sick just thinking about it.

http://www.stahlbus.com/info/en/serv...other-products

stahlbus goods are 4 x bleeders and a double for the master cylinder, it will be great to be able to bleed the master cylinder, they are always a prick to bleed. Yes I know it can be done and its just a small effort but NO... thats bull shit.
    Experance tells me.. buy stahlbus bleeders and if they are as good as the write ups all my bikes will have them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02509.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	810.6 KB 
ID:	320147   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brakes.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	752.1 KB 
ID:	320146   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02510.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	735.8 KB 
ID:	320148   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02511.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	741.1 KB 
ID:	320150  
    One for the road...
    Kat1230 (81), GSXR1100 (86), RG500 (86)
    The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Bike
    Product description of the Bleeder valve

Print | Email

100% Brake performance - The stahlbus®-Bleeding System for Bleeding brakes, clutches or any other hydraulic system

What use is the most advanced braking system when the braking performance is strong affected by air in the system and in extreme cases can lead to total failure? Here is our approach to 100% brake power. For the first time the patented stahlbus ® bleeding system allows an air-free filling of hydraulic systems such as brakes and clutches. Improve your brake performance by using our products. The exact way you see here. You can easily bleeding brakes, clutches or any other hydraulic system with one person.

Bleeding brakes

How old is your brake fluid?

Brake fluid is a safety-relevant wear part. This is a fact only a few people are aware of. It should be changed at the latest every two years. Similar to the brake pads and brake disks, the brake fluid contributes essentially to the braking power. Old brake fluid may be compressed and may thus lead to brake failure. New brake fluid maintains the pressure.

The innovative stahlbus® Bleeder Valve allows you to change the brake fluid yourself without assistance and in a very simple way. Clean, absolutely safe and requiring only
    a few steps. The innovative aspect of it: The stahlbus® Bleeder Valve tightly seals the relevant brake or clutch during the bleeding process!

The stahlbus® Bleeder Valve was thoroughly tested by the TÜV Rhineland Group (Technical Inspection Agency). With best results. Because the brake fluid is as
    decisive for the brake application as are brake pads and brake disks! The most expensive and state-of-the-art braking system does not make any sense if there
    is air in the system.

For this reason, our stahlbus® bleed system is also successfully used in motor sports and aviation.

OK.. here is the idea.

As simple as it´s brilliant: stahlbus® principle

Bleeding brakesThe constant opening and closing of conventional bleeder screws during the bleeding brakes process wears the aluminum thread in the cylinder (e.g. of the caliper) in such a way that clearances start to appear with time. At the worst, the cylinder may become defective. Another disadvantage is that the thread of an opened bleeder screw does not seal.

The stahlbus® Bleeder Valve is different, because it consists of two parts with a non-return function. During bleeding brakes, clutches or any other hydraulic system and filling, only the upper part with the integrated O-ring seal is unscrewed. This prevents both air and brake fluid or hydraulic fluid to ingress through the opened thread. In addition, it is no longer necessary to open and close the system synchronously due to the non-return valve. In case of pressure loss the Stahlbus® Bleeder Valve closes independently until the next bleeding pressure is built up.

Thus, the complete system bleeding is achieved within minutes. Single-handedly, without assistance.

Hydraulic systems are easily changed to our stahlbus® bleed system by replacing the former bleeder screw by the stahlbus® bleeder valve. It is inserted into the cylinder once and remains there. Afterwards you can immediately bleeding brakes, clutches or any other hydraulic system with our stahlbus® Bleeder valve.

One for the road...
    The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Bike
    don't give me shit but I hate having to click on pictures, so I have added them.

One for the road...

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Looking great! This is going to be "The Machine" once it is finished!

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    and my fav KB threat roars back into life! But surely there is a better finish for the calipers than paint that brake fluid will possibly lift?

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Where can I get a can of "female valve"?
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    .. shit paint on calipers, Sir I agree, but I am wanting the bike to look as original as possible even though I have fucked with lots of it. OK only really change a few thing.
    What options do I have, paint them original colours and be carful, still might end in tears but hay... I will only have 5 beers before I bleed these brakes.

I was pleased to find complete rebuild kits cheaper than I thought with original Suzuki parts. yes!
    progress is still slow.. kids cricket now ended so more time to be had.

Love the brakes stuff so much I ended up fitting them to the GSXR11, WOW, now have to buy more, practiced bleeding the brakes without spillage so ready for he RG.,
    All painted parts are soon off to a bake oven to cure then the motor rebuild will begin.

One for the road...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Where can I get a can of "female valve"?
    Flowers, .. but thinking about it there is a female valve called a "Mouth" seems to fire often.. even small thing set it off.
    A dirty plate here, undies on the floor there, used tissue there, next to the PC. .LOL (did I close the page) really HARD to please a women all the time.!
    Best to give up and spend all the cash on bikes, in the end the bike looks good, say FA and it is worth more... unlike the older, saggy, hairy companion we married.
    One for the road...

Bike

Blah

The calipers that have caused me grief.
    Done they are, all looking pretty

Lube supplied... not the colour I'm used to..:laugh
    All the seals were greased lightly as was the piston, no one likes a dry piston...

Bingo... what an effort

the old pistons, I tried, yes I did. I was even told... yep they are fine. Noooo Nooo Nooo, could not use them.

One for the road...

Bike
    Oh and that fancy valve... now that makes my heart happy.

Notice the front of he fork, some thing is missing, fork are about to come out as I have drained the oil, need to check everything and add new oil.
    One for the road...

Bike
    Rear caliper re-kited with new seals all good to go.
    Piston like new, so I'm not replacing that.. everything else done.
    Don't like the look of the carrier, might have to have the women clean that!
    Looks dirty, lets not go there...

One for the road...

Bike
    What is this.... its a rear height adjuster. After a little research on how to make an RG5 handle, I found out that you want to lift the rear, especially with 17ich running gear.
    RG500 Strut

The LG RG500 Strut is a high quality piece that has been instrumental in making my Gammas more enjoyable to ride.

Stock Gammas can be perceived as having heavier handling than the light weight of the machine would imply. This is aggravated with the installation of wider wheels and tires, necessitating the alteration of the chassis geometry to compensate. Raising the forks up to 20mm in the clamps and installing an adjustable strut makes it possible to alter the steering head angle from 25.1dg (stock) to mid 23dg with about 98mm of trail (down from 110mm stock). These are very contemporary numbers and very effective.

This image shows the black Quad O-Ring seals used to insure a long service life for the spherical bearings.

RG500 Strut The light colored areas shown on the RG500 strut threads are Delrin (Acetal Homopolymer) inserts. This prevents the adjuster from turning in service, thus eliminating locknuts. Ride height adjustment is done by reaching in with a single wrench and turning the center section of the strut.

RG500 Strut Just for reference, here is the stock RG500 strut.

RG500 Strut
    Installed and ready to ride, the LG strut is mechanical art with a purpose. It personalized the handling of my bikes to suit my preference.

As an added bonus, stability at speed is enhanced. Properly adjusted, this part will help your Gamma turn in easier and quicker while also providing more stability at the redline in top gear.

The specially sealed spherical bearings and robust construction have lasted for many miles of rapid riding.

OK... not obviously written by me, one I cant pronounce these words, or spell them.

Ok remember this picture...

$324 but there are no great seals, nothing like the original. That's the price after all tax.

Check out this sucker.... yep the beans.
    Done properly.

$265 USD ... add tax = $369
    Which one will you buy?
    One for the road...

Bike

Gave the cranks a spin, I hate that they sit, a little oil ..lol, heaps of oil makes sure there good to go.
    One for the road...

Bike
    Damage done.

Standard..
    One for the road...

Bike

Like buying the wife a lift, cost heaps. You have no idea about the result. And.... really its an old pig, a lift ant going to make it perform like a sub, 20 yr old.. .

You spend a lot of money at one end and the other end is still fucked.

Next up.. forks.

The guts..
    One for the road...

Thread Information