Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: RG - Extensive clean

Bike
    Katana 1135, RG500, GSXR1100, KX250

RG - Extensive clean

This will be my third bike / post build. For many it will be hello, for some it will be… Sh!t this shit again worse then the TV show Seven at Seven - shit on TV one at 7.. funny that.!

OK fact is, had a few beers and a… yeaaaaa man. :_ smile thing failure.
    So leaning back and thinking about how the extensive cleansing of my RG should go..

To my old friends.. yip..still loving the CRC…. Not just for bed springs.

So first off… build work shop bike stand, followed by engine stand. Oh and save heaps of money, while depriving the kids of clothes and food. Don’t forget the misses. Yep deprive her too of food and clothes to fund the cleansing of the mighty RG500.. you guessed it.. no undies for the misses..

My guess this blog will take quite some time…. There maybe a beer or two consumed so if that offends you best to be moving on… and thanks for your time.

Jobs..

Build motorbike work shop stand.
    Build RG motor stand
    Accumulate parts while still allowing the kids to eat and Sallies undies.

Expected time frame..

Depends on… beer, money and time.
    One for the road...
    Kat1230 (81), GSXR1100 (86), RG500 (86)
    The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Thank god-another ARRONDUKE thread, bike related goodness, alcohol tasting tips and solid relationship advice. Winter will fly by!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    Thank god-another ARRONDUKE thread, bike related goodness, alcohol tasting tips and solid relationship advice. Winter will fly by!
    Its good to be back... I am looking forward to this... the RG is going to be a fun project.!

Yep ... hoping to save a few blokes from becoming yes men.

Done the dishes yet... "yes", what about the lawns..."yes" and did you tell that friend ... you know the one that like beer that your not going on that ride or going to the pub... "yes" good...my folks are coming around and you need to watch the kids while we go to the pub... !

One for the road...
    The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Bike
    Right its Friday, what's that mean in my house?
    It means Beer and Bikes.... and not big asses....and it does not mean talking to the in-laws (and yes they are here at the moment) the pain of having to listen to dribble.

I can't understand how people can sit down and drink cups of tea for hours and speak absolutely nothing that is worth while. Different if there is a beer in your hand.

Anyway back to the RG..

Work on the engine stand has started... a little work with cardboard and a CAD drawing completed and the template is sorted. Looks cool. Next week it will be laser cut and welded.

[IMG] photo DSC00054_zpsd1a91cf6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG] photo DSC00051_zpsfd3af829.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG] photo DSC00061_zps228d220f.jpg[/IMG]

tring not to fuck it up... right pain in the butt making it from steel first time, at 18 thats what I would have done...

[IMG] photo DSC00055_zps38c6ff46.jpg[/IMG]

You can't tell me that does not look cool. That looks real dam cool. Now I have to make one out of steel. Oh and add wheels obviously!

The aim of each day is to complete a small task towards the ultimate goal. And that goal seems a long way away at the moment. But taking little steps gets you there in the end... Hell that's how I got married... should have run the other way. Mind you a wife is useful.. they do everything around the house and earn money so I can spend it....

Why is a Laundromat a really bad place to pick up a woman?
    Because a woman who can't afford a washing machine will never be able to support you!
    One for the road...

Bike
    Still tapping away... my next barrier to progress is that ... work shop bike stand. Don't know about you but its on the wish list... yep I wish I had one... like I wish my wife had plastic tits...... if your reading this on a Friday night... you my friend are a loser...!

Hiding in office from in-laws... having a few beers.... thinking..."should I tell my wife to go to bed yet? Na I want another beer first and finish this post.

So fuck me back to the bike stand...

example ...

[IMG] photo GT-Lift1_zpsa4cd80e5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG] photo GT-Lift3_zpsd02ab23a.jpg[/IMG]

Why do women have long hair..?
    So when you drag them in to a cave they don"t full up with dirt...!
    One for the road...

Bike
    Is this a I hate women tread you might ask... obviously not.. other wise I would be on a different web site. One talking about inserts, back hair and touching your toes. So I must apologies from my anti women sentiment. Fact is I love women, they can multi task....

Example mine can... cook, clean and wipe stuff- while raising kids, fill the fridge with shopping, iron shirts, make breakfast and my lunch while I struggle to drink all the beer in the fridge and fix those dam bikes in the garage that seem never to br fixed and cost too much. The most comonly ask question is... whats it going to cost... and how much time do you need.... fuck I am trying to build a bike i usually say. After all who cares what a compost costs and how long it might take to fill it

Yep I love women... Helen Clark just ruined me.

Ok loser I hear you say.... how long is this RG shit going to take...

Like I said.. no Idea but the accumulation of parts has been going on for quite some time...

So first up on the parts list =

photo DSC00288-1_zpscb2d7021.jpg

If that does not cause trouser movement then this might not be the right place for you... nail polish, is that grease on the kitchen cloth and do you think I have long flaps are things we dont think or care about. You stupid women those are gears for my bike.

That there is a RG500 upgraded gear set. First gear is taller to closer the gap, all gears are stonger than standard. Hand made for the RG500.

"Who said that?", "sharp mind that dude."

Why not.. cause I can... and these pictures are better than old tits on film.

photo DSC00289.jpg

photo DSC00287.jpg
    One for the road...

Bike
    [IMG] photo DSC00286.jpg[/IMG]

Yep new pistons...+0.5mm

[IMG] photo DSC00057_zps306ae678.jpg[/IMG]

Crank bearings... big and small.. just need con rodes and the cranks will be good to go.

[IMG] photo DSC00058_zps282737c8.jpg[/IMG]

Quality is unreal... these are modified bearings.. all sealed.

[IMG] photo DSC00059_zpsd0bf4165.jpg[/IMG]

Gasket set, complete.. o-rings are viton which is better than standard.

If your dog is barking at the back door and your wife is yelling at the front door, who do you let in first?
    The dog of course...at least he'll shut up after you let him in.
    One for the road...

Bike
    89 GS500, 89 ZXR400, 93 RGV250, 14 MT07
    What exactly is your plan? just a engine freshen?
    How much are you expecting it to cost?
    I was just chatting to a mate earlier who has been offered a 500 at a reasonable price but its been seized on 2 cylinders and has been sitting for far longer than it should and he didnt think he was able to afford a rebuild.

Bike
    How much will it cost.....that is an interesting question.

I perfer not to think about it. To be honest its more like how much do you want to spend. There is a heap of perfeormance parts avalible for these things to create one truly scary monster.

But to rebuild an engine... new pistons, rebuild cranks and bearings and seal could easily consume $3000 +. But what is an RG500 worth? If you can get it cheap enough then yes its worth every cent. When you have riden one of these puppies you will understand. Having young kids to sell certainly helps with the cost... even if it is only for an hour!

Magazine Extract:

There have been many iconic motorcycles-- like the GSX-R, the Honda Cub, the Ducati 916, and the Yamaha R1. But there is a rarefied place in the stratosphere of motorcycles where examples of really ridiculous engineering live. Engineering like that found inside the engine of the Suzuki RG500

While the front of the RG500 has an old-fashioned square headlight and somewhat uninspiring fairing, the business end has more theatre than any other motorcycle. Years before the undertail pipes were made popular by Ducati's 916, the RG had undertail pipes, and pipes on either side of the swingarm. That means delicious shots of two-stroke were pouring out of four delicate little cans at the back of this 95bhp gatling gun.

Right out of the crate, the bike made nearly 200bhp per litre, a higher specific output than perhaps any other production motorcycle or car engine ever. At 406 pounds wet, the RG motor had 50lbs less to move than it's '86 gsx-r 750 stablemate--the thing was a rocket. It had an race-derived aluminium frame but the real masterstroke was it's two-stroke, double-crankshaft square-4 engine with rotary valve induction. It's true! It also had a heck of a powerband, jumping from 37.5 bhp at 6.5k to 70bhp at 9k!

What does it feel like to ride an RG500? Well, it has that mega speed hit starting at 6500RPM, and the bike is tiny. Just watch the below video--imagine how INSANE this thing must have felt in 1986...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xheAM...yer_embedded#!
    One for the road...

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Nice old bikes. A mate of mine had one for a while, I had a T500 Titan at the time. Good times. Good luck with your project. Nice video too, love the sound.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Honda XR250,VTR1000F,FXR-bucket
    Oh god
    Arrons at it again

Shit !!!! I was going to drop off my FXR bucket for you to play with
    Now in screwed as you have started on RG500

I'm still going drop it off anyway
    You won't notice another bike

Bike
    So did I answer that question... I guess not.

Right this is the starting point... parked in the shed.

waiting for pictures to down load...

Scientists have discovered a food that diminishes a woman's sex drive by 90%:
    Wedding cake.

Still waiting... new beer, and still waiting.

So whats the plan... 1152 beers... hell thats only 36 a week... really, and it will be new years day...

Strip and rebuild complete bike, new wheels. I hate the wheels on the RG now... 16in and 18in. So going to 17s all round. New brakes, fork rebuild, performance parts and upgrades galore.

Every bearing and seal will be new... I am thinking Dec ... 14 thats a heap of cash... dont tell the wife. No worries at my house... the wife cant read!

[IMG] photo DSC04325_zps4776e5f3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG] photo DSC04317_zpsb0838ba3.jpg[/IMG]

paint is OK... but the rest will be worked on... aim... mint bike that goes like stink...

Just in case you are wondering... has a women riden my RG.. YES, my sister who has owned GPZ1100, GS1000, beemers, etc... thought it lacked grunt. When questioned... did you rev it past 6k? No was the answer. Sums it up... why do men always turn the vibrator speed higher than appriciated? sorry cant answer that one... cause I am such a man that no such divice could keep up..!

haaaa
    One for the road...

Bike
    Look at that front tyre... I hate it... I will burn that, it will be a great day.!
    One for the road...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by grantman View Post
    Oh god
    Arrons at it again

Shit !!!! I was going to drop off my FXR bucket for you to play with
    Now in screwed as you have started on RG500

I'm still going drop it off anyway
    You won't notice another bike
    Mr Grant... you are in Tahiti... looking at sheee males/boys... hell what do you say in the morning.? Hi honey ..... haaaaaa thats too funny
    One for the road...

Bike
    [QUOTE=grantman;1130534154]Oh god
    Arrons at it again

I am thinking that Graham really does not need to know about this... I am sure you would agree...being his twin brother...!!!!!
    No one wants Graham having his 5cents worth when we know he cant even change a spark plug... sorry I will correct myself... even know what a spark plug IS...!!!! Losser!

One for the road...

Thread Information