Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do some women give up on their appearance

Bike
    A
    Well, I don't often wade into this type of self pity debate...but as a European who moved to NZ the answer is quite simple. This country on the whole eats too much, exercises too little and is rather casual when it comes to dress sense, male and female. Go to, just as an example, Italy, Spain, France, and it seems there's a lot more pride taken in self appearance, in all the aspects that give that result.

Call me whatever you want, but jandals are for the friggin beach when you're on holiday . Track pants and ugg boots worn to the supermarket....and let's not even start on the XXXL types who use the drive thru at any FFFJ because they're too lazy to walk inside...

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    Me too, getting near 50 and still looks damn fine to me. Swimming and great sex is the key.
    Mine is mid-50's and while not the skinny young thing she was 35 years ago when I married her, still looks damn fine! She takes care of herself though.

Me? I'm twice the man she married...
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post

Call me whatever you want, but jandals are for the friggin beach when you're on holiday .
    Have you ever tried walking in the sand wearing jandals?...honestly, bare feet is the only way.
    My feet my rules!

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Call me whatever you want, but jandals are for the friggin beach when you're on holiday .
    Fuck Off back to Europe then ... I have three pair of jandals ... a black pair and a brown pair for work (colour co-ordinates with my wardrobe) and a pair for casual ...

Bare feet are for the beech ...
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I've never been particularly vain but try to take pride in my appearance (most of the time). Unfortunately as that I am already a member of "that stage of life" club I've discovered that my physical shape got knocked to hell by having kids, then this is a double whammy of middle age and the M word. 'Tis hard to not just feel like giving up when everything takes triple the effort (and time) it used to.

But I'd like to think that I still make the effort for both my own sense of well-being and pride as well as others who have to look at me!
    The problem with women after they have had kids and hit middle age and, to be honest, reached their use by date, is that the sense of smell starts to go. That is why old ladies stink of piss.

Bike
    Nothing :(
    Blog Entries
    I'm pretty ugly without a lick of makeup, some of us need more help than others I don't wear much if any makeup at work though, work with men, don't want them to get excited do we!! Just joking... I do the basics, make sure the places that need not have hair, don't, keep the eyebrows tidy etc. The only thing I got going for me facial wise is my eyes and lips so a bit of mascara and lip gloss doesn't take much. I know when my kids were younger I was a total frumpy mumpy. I'm single though so can't let it all go, have to find me a man and reel him in before I can!
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    I've never been particularly vain but try to take pride in my appearance (most of the time). Unfortunately as that I am already a member of "that stage of life" club I've discovered that my physical shape got knocked to hell by having kids, then this is a double whammy of middle age and the M word. 'Tis hard to not just feel like giving up when everything takes triple the effort (and time) it used to.

But I'd like to think that I still make the effort for both my own sense of well-being and pride as well as others who have to look at me!
    as long as you're not at the dairy at ten every morning, in your PJs and buying smokes with one kid on your lap and the other tied up outside while the rest "fucked off to school - or something" while sipping bourbon, you're probably passable.

but i think we may require pics to decide for sure. clothes optional.

((you're probably onto it, it's how you hold and conduct yourself - the "pride" that will make more of an impression than your wardrobe. for 90% of men anyway, the other 10% are gay so it doesn't really matter, innit?

and shouldn't womanopause be cause for celebration?? i'd hate to bleed out the crotch. that shit's nasty...))

Quote Originally Posted by bosslady View Post
    I'm pretty ugly without a lick of makeup, some of us need more help than others I don't wear much if any makeup at work though, work with men, don't want them to get excited do we!! Just joking... I do the basics, make sure the places that need not have hair, don't, keep the eyebrows tidy etc. The only thing I got going for me facial wise is my eyes and lips so a bit of mascara and lip gloss doesn't take much. I know when my kids were younger I was a total frumpy mumpy. I'm single though so can't let it all go, have to find me a man and reel him in before I can!

and with a bike like that, who wouldn't?

sad that you feel unattractive without "make up" though.

maybe just stop wearing bras?

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    Me too, getting near 50 and still looks damn fine to me. Swimming and great sex is the key.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edbear View Post
    Mine is mid-50's and while not the skinny young thing she was 35 years ago when I married her, still looks damn fine! She takes care of herself though.

Me? I'm twice the man she married...
    Fuck come on guys, mines nowhere near that old, you sick bastards!

Bike
    Nothing :(
    Blog Entries
    Nah bro, these puppettes need a bra fo sho!
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    Fuck come on guys, mines nowhere near that old, you sick bastards!
    I have two kids in their 30's and my baby is 28. But trust me, older women can be cute and sexy too!
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    BSA A10
    Sounds like you guys got ripped off. I managed to get a hot one that cooks eggs and does dishes, and doesnt have a haircut like a dyke.
    Bit scrawny though, you need to feed her a bit more than once a day
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Sounds like you guys got ripped off. I managed to get a hot one that cooks eggs and does dishes, and doesnt have a haircut like a dyke.
    You n me both. My wife looks sayxy. She cooks n cleans and works an 8 hour day with me.-AND she loves scuba diving and bike riding.
    Best of all she still thinks I look sayxy
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    ...Best of all she still thinks I look sayxy
    Awesome. You should treat her to a new guide dog and white stick...
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Article I found on stuff ( from the Sydney Morning Herald) while reading an article on "tittooing" - itself an interesting topic - and it got me thinking: is that really how older women are perceived in NZ and Australia?
    For a start ... did your mother ever tell you not to believe everything you read in Newspapers ... ??

And secondly ... never judge all women by the ones you see at Macca's ...

Finally ... at my age ... younger women hold more of an interest for me ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    Best of all she still thinks I look sayxy
    She still has a sense of humor then ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Thread Information