Thread: Men steal pet lambs to feed their extended whanau

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries

Men steal pet lambs to feed their extended whanau

Eleven lambs crammed into a ford laser, destined to be slaughtered to feed extended whanau of the thieves.
    Four men crammed 11 stolen lambs into the back of a hatchback because they were trying to provide for their whanau.

The lambs were pets, and kept for breeding by Idea Services, an arm of IHC that provides services to the intellectually disabled. Ten of the lambs had been hand-fed by residents.

Gino Butler, 21, Raniera Nathan, 36, Nicholas Fido, 21, and Healy Te Are-Paul, 22, grabbed the lambs from their paddock in Bridge Pa early on February 19.

They then passed the animals over the fence, dragged them up a bank and loaded up their Ford Laser.

Police discovered the animals when they pulled the car over during a routine check in Hastings. The lambs, worth a total of $880, were bruised and close to suffocating.

Butler asked his relatives to help him steal the sheep because he was short of money and he needed to provide for his extended whanau staying at his house, the court heard.

Lawyers for the men said it was an one-off incident which they all regretted. All of the men were willing to apologise to the victims through the restorative justice system.

They pleaded guilty to the burglary and ill-treating the lambs at the earliest opportunity.
    The instigator of the scheme and youngest of the four, Butler, was sentenced to three-and-a-half months' home detention. Judge Mackintosh reduced his sentence because of his age, remorse, and stable family life.

Fido was sentenced to 15 months' imprisonment. He had offended while on bail and was also being sentenced on an assault charge and another burglary charge after he took a laptop from a backpackers.

Te Are-Paul was sentenced to four months' community detention and 80 hours' community work so he could keep his job. He had not offended in four years.

All men were ordered to pay $27.50 reparation to go towards the veterinary bill.

Outside of court, a family member said then men were just trying to be good parents by providing for the whanau.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crim...ing-for-family

A number of points from this (1) that people consider it acceptable to steal someone else's belongings in order to satisfy their wants (I was going to say 'needs', but nah, not going to); (2) they pleaded guilty (good for them on that count, at least) but I'm sure would have been only too happy if they'd gotten away with it; (3) I love the 'willing to apologise to the victims through the restorative justice system'. Once again, sure, because they were caught. Hey an apology is free and doesn't cost anything - not even their pride because it's often empty meaningless words which merely serve a purpose of being seen to 'do the right thing'. As for the vet bill reparation, bloody hell, what a joke. Anyone who takes their animals to the vets knows that that amount would barely cover seeing the vet for that many animals let alone any treatment they might require.

I know times are tough but FFS if it's a matter of cultural pride that you don't ask the extended whanau to assist when times are tough and you simply can't afford to feed them all then get over it. You don't go stealing from others as a quick fix-it.
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P
    "The lambs were pets, and kept for breeding by Idea Services, an arm of IHC that provides services to the intellectually disabled. Ten of the lambs had been hand-fed by residents"

...they just...

...I mean......

...Fuck the New Zealand Justice system!

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    It was on the good
    Been a bad week has it?

And does anyone know if pets taste better than farmed?

Bike
    1989 fzr250
    I want to know how they fit them all in the one car??

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Wonder what their smokes and piss bill for the week is?
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    Triumph Saint,Triumph Adventurer
    Hell this is news,,,,last month.

Bike
    one that goes
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    Eleven lambs crammed into a ford laser, destined to be slaughtered to feed extended whanau of the thieves.
    Four men crammed 11 stolen lambs into the back of a hatchback because they were trying to provide for their whanau.

The lambs were pets, and kept for breeding by Idea Services, an arm of IHC that provides services to the intellectually disabled. Ten of the lambs had been hand-fed by residents.

Gino Butler, 21, Raniera Nathan, 36, Nicholas Fido, 21, and Healy Te Are-Paul, 22, grabbed the lambs from their paddock in Bridge Pa early on February 19.

They then passed the animals over the fence, dragged them up a bank and loaded up their Ford Laser.

Police discovered the animals when they pulled the car over during a routine check in Hastings. The lambs, worth a total of $880, were bruised and close to suffocating.

Butler asked his relatives to help him steal the sheep because he was short of money and he needed to provide for his extended whanau staying at his house, the court heard.

Lawyers for the men said it was an one-off incident which they all regretted. All of the men were willing to apologise to the victims through the restorative justice system.

They pleaded guilty to the burglary and ill-treating the lambs at the earliest opportunity.
    The instigator of the scheme and youngest of the four, Butler, was sentenced to three-and-a-half months' home detention. Judge Mackintosh reduced his sentence because of his age, remorse, and stable family life.

Fido was sentenced to 15 months' imprisonment. He had offended while on bail and was also being sentenced on an assault charge and another burglary charge after he took a laptop from a backpackers.

Te Are-Paul was sentenced to four months' community detention and 80 hours' community work so he could keep his job. He had not offended in four years.

All men were ordered to pay $27.50 reparation to go towards the veterinary bill.

Outside of court, a family member said then men were just trying to be good parents by providing for the whanau.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crim...ing-for-family

A number of points from this (1) that people consider it acceptable to steal someone else's belongings in order to satisfy their wants (I was going to say 'needs', but nah, not going to); (2) they pleaded guilty (good for them on that count, at least) but I'm sure would have been only too happy if they'd gotten away with it; (3) I love the 'willing to apologise to the victims through the restorative justice system'. Once again, sure, because they were caught. Hey an apology is free and doesn't cost anything - not even their pride because it's often empty meaningless words which merely serve a purpose of being seen to 'do the right thing'. As for the vet bill reparation, bloody hell, what a joke. Anyone who takes their animals to the vets knows that that amount would barely cover seeing the vet for that many animals let alone any treatment they might require.

I know times are tough but FFS if it's a matter of cultural pride that you don't ask the extended whanau to assist when times are tough and you simply can't afford to feed them all then get over it. You don't go stealing from others as a quick fix-it.
    'Cultural pride' 'extended whanau' words to hide behind.. Not one of these have enough Maori blood to have any form of a 'culture'. They are crossbred shitbags..

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Lambs,seafood,lakes,air,land to name only a few
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by McFatty1000 View Post
    With all four of the accused ... maybe just a close family ... ???

But it OLD news ... and being caught woolly handed ... a plea of innocence would hardly be accepted.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by McFatty1000 View Post
    A mincer.

10fc

Bike
    750 auw
    The eating part was just an excuse.

Dirty bastards.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Once upon a time RUSTLERS were hung or shot on the spot!
    I don't give a flying fuck who they are or what they are, shoot the fuckers.
    Our farmers suffer enough as it is without people helping themselves WHOLESALE these days to their hard reared stock.
    It's NOT theirs, the sooner these thieves understand this the sooner the hangings and shootings can stop.
    Oh that's right we live in , if it feels good, do it NZ.
    Sorry forgot, we live in, let em do what they want NZ, can't go persecuting the minority if it means the majority don't ??? suffer.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Usarka View Post
    The eating part was just an excuse..
    Apparently now they can get married
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck View Post
    Apparently now they can get married
    Only if the sheep are gay or lesbian ...

Otherwise ... it's just wrong ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    The Black Pearl
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, you deserve special recognition because you haven't been caught in the last 4 years...

WTF
    Keep on chooglin'

Thread Information