Thread: Tyler #94 BRM Round 3

Bike
    2011, Hyosung GT650R

Tyler #94 BRM Round 3

Tyler #94 Pro Twin BRM Round 3

Saturday Track day was looking unfortunate with a wet start, especially because I had invited a friend to come and have a go on my bike and I didn’t want him to be put off the track on his first go. Nevertheless we both had a great day and got in heaps of riding and even a few dry sessions in at the end of the day.

After a pretty wet night, being rained on inside the tent I figured we would be racing in the rain.

Qualifying was on a very wet and cold track but it wasn’t raining which was good. I didn’t get to complete a full lap before being red flagged, and then was stuck in traffic on the restart not able to get a quick lap in. I placed 6th on the grid beside Lodge, which was better than I had expected.

Racing was awesome. I got in two good starts and one not quite so good. Turn one was a little nerve wracking with so many people in the wet but it was always successful. As usual the front guys all took off and left Lodge and I to battle in each race with a couple of others very close behind. I made some close passes but they never managed to stick. I finished with two 3rd’s and a 2nd in Neptune Motorcycle Mufflers Pro Twin which gave me just enough points to hold onto my 2nd place for the series.

I really enjoyed this series with a mixed bag of weather ranging from extreme heat in Taupo and pretty miserable in Fielding, I always got into some awesome battles.

I’d like to say a big thank you to all our sponsors for their support: Burrell Signs, Neptune Motorcycle Mufflers, Hyosung NZ, Baycad Services and Quality Auto Machinists.

Cheers guys!

Bike
    03 Hornet 900, 08 Daytona 675 race bike

Thumbs up

Onya, so do you think your mate will get into it ?
    I sure was wet !! You going to do the winter series ?
    "You never understood that it ain't no good, you shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you" - Bob Dylan

Thread Information