Thread: pipson's Round 3 report

Bike
    2009 Suzuki SV 1000

pipson's Round 3 report

We arrived at the track at about 8.30. It was wet and cold.

Practice Day

Session 1
    I went out in the slow class and was keeping up with the lead rider, it was also my first time in the wet. I was feeling pretty good so far and was good to start getting a bit of practice in the wet.

Session 2
    I moved up into medium because then I could go my own pace. I was going good and keeping up with some of the bigger bikes until I crashed at turn 1. The bike was fine and only had to straighten the handle bars back up.

Session 3
    I went out in front of Zane Burrell and was able to keep in front of him which I was pleased with. I was feeling good with the bike and how I have started off in the wet.

Session 4
    I went out behind Zane this time and was keeping up with him, I was starting to get more confident in the rain and getting faster.

Session 5
    I was going good but ran off the track coming on to the front straight but managed to keep up right.

Session 6
    This session was a bit longer than the others because we had some extra time. I had a clean run at a good speed and was feeling a lot better in the wet then I did earlier.

Race Day

Practice
    I was going pretty well in practice keeping behind Zane. Until I went around the outside and got past but he tried to out brake me into Higgins and crashed with me nearly hitting him. That ruined the practice because it ended in a red flag and that was the end of practice. Even though that happened I got a best lap time of 1:54.043 which was only 0.84 behind Zane and it put me 4th on the grid.

Race 1
    I got a good start and was 1st going into turn 1 but bike 57 got past leading out of the corner. Me and bike 13 got past with 13 in the lead, I was keeping up until I crashed on turn 7 which ended the race for me and a chance for 1st place.

Race 2
    My start wasn’t the best and left me in 4th place. I quickly got past Zane and stayed in front till the end, had a good race but finished in 4th and had a best lap of 1:44.940.

Race 3
    I got another good start and was second going into turn 1 but ended up in 3rd by turn 3. Bike 13 caught up and I had a good battle with him for pretty much the whole race. 13 only just bet me to the line. My best lap time was 1:46.904 which my last time wasn’t as good as.

I would like to thank the PMCC for sponsoring me also Peter Firn and Nigel Armstrong and anyone else who helped me with the bike.

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    Good report young man, it is great to see you improving every time you go out on the track.
    You forgot to thank your mum. I'm sure I saw her giving you a shoulder massage on more than one occasion over the weekend
    Diarrhoea is hereditary - it runs in your jeans

If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you...

Thread Information