Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bridgestone T30 review

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    T30's on my Hornet 900.

Front 35, rear 38 one up.

Preforming exceptionally well. Highly recommended.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    I just killed my rear T30 with a total of 8608km. Front T30 has done approximately 7500km and still has plenty of life left in it, so I won't be replacing that for some time. I never replaced as a set, because the S20 front still had some life.

I've found the T30's to be very good overall and would be more than happy to fit them again.

Well done to Avon City Suzuki for supplying some reasonably priced tyres.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    2000 VFR800
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    I just killed my rear T30 with a total of 8608km. Front T30 has done approximately 7500km and still has plenty of life left in it, so I won't be replacing that for some time. I never replaced as a set, because the S20 front still had some life.

I've found the T30's to be very good overall and would be more than happy to fit them again.

Well done to Avon City Suzuki for supplying some reasonably priced tyres.
    I also had a pair of T30s fitted to my VFR800 at Avon city. I have finally smoked my rear tyre at approx 8600km. Brilliant tyres, I have given them as harder time as I could and never had a problem with traction. Im getting another T30 rear, front is still good.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by V4800 View Post
    Im getting another T30 rear, front is still good.
    I ended up with nearly 12,500km out of the front.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    R1, GSXR1000, VFR800, GB500. NSR250
    I fitted these at 99,000km to the VFR800 and the bike now has 115,000km on it. Even at 16,000km, the rear has another WOF in it, perhaps the front has as well.

Really good value and performance considering the km. The handling is a little off now, but not bad enough to make me change them. Use has been 3x South Island trips, commuting and general riding.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0944.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	702.1 KB 
ID:	307412Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0942.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	618.6 KB 
ID:	307411

Bike
    2001 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport

T30s fitted to Moto Guzzi V11 Sport

These replaced a set of Bridgestone BT0s. I bought the bike with a 180 section tyre fitted on the rear, but the rim is actually sized for 170mm.
    When it came to a tyre swap, I decided to revert back to the original 170mm wide tyre using the T30s. The front was close to replacement (still just WOFable) so went in for fitting & balancing both at TSS in Lower Hutt.

What a difference! Even during the scrub in period - not just loads of grip like everyone talks about...but also the feed back is phenomenal. The tyre is also stable (stiffer sidewall?) which means it holds its line and makes the bike handle in such a way that inspires more confidence. I'm not sure how they compare to the super grippy soft sporting compound tyres, but they are the best handling tyre I have ever had to date.
    I found turn in was quicker. I'm not sure if this is due to a steeper profile, I half suspect it is because these tyres are now 10mm narrower. And the grip available is much more despite the smaller contact patch.

They are pretty good in the wet, too.
    Wet diesel is still an issue, but always has and always will be.

The tyres have only done about 300kms. I will be looking forward to seeing what the wear rate is, though I understand from previous comments it should be good.

Keeping my comments in context, this is on a Moto Guzzi V11 Sport. Has been ridden with these tyres for the last 2 and a half weeks in all weathers, mostly commuting (but I live in the hills with some twisty bits and commute when traffic is low). The Guzzi is a torquey twin, vaguely sporty-ish, but the engine is running around 3k rpm all the time (loads of low down torque). Bike weighs maybe 240kg with some fuel and rider weighs 75kg.

Thread Information