Thread: Worst virus ever

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport

Worst virus ever

So my PCs been grounded for almost 24 hours due to what appeared to be serious virus activity that has lead to me changing all of my passwords and disconnecting from the outside world. This was the worst and most frustrating virus that I have ever come across. It started with weird cursor activity and the forward cursor just resulted in 3 spaces back. It was only on certain websites and quite random. Sometimes it was OK, sometimes it wasn't. I accidentally left my PC on over night last night, as I fell asleep earlier than usual. By the morning, it had developed into something more worrying. The cursor developed a mind of it’s own and would stop me typing user names or passwords. It would just keep backtracking over my text, resulting in gobbledegook. Then the screen would turn 90 degrees and I am left trying to navigate the touch pad to buttons that keep disappearing before I can click to them. I couldn't even Ctrl Alt Del to the task manager to see what was going on. Menus just disappear in front of my eyes and pulling the plug was the only solution.

I tried Spybot in Safe Mode and Trend-Housecall. I have done a complete Symantec and AVG system scans too.
    I did some web searches on another computer, but couldn't find anything this serious UNTIL…….

I kept seeing a common title in searches, being SCREEN SHORTCUTS!
    Apparently, if you press Ctrl & Alt at the same time and then left arrow, the screen shifts 90 degrees to the left – HUH…

I ripped the left arrow key and cleaned some hairs and dust from the underneath.

It’s perfect now – but I was shitting square bricks for a while there

Just thought I'd share, as you never know

Bike
    None any more
    So it's a virus that puts 47 dots at the end of the subject line of every post you create. I hope you find a cure.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    So it's a virus that puts 47 dots at the end of the subject line of every post you create. I hope you find a cure.
    It's a Cold Sore virus. Commonly found on the ellipsis...
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Could well be related to the Male Pattern Hair Loss Virus ............................................... < 47

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    Who abuses the ellipsis..?
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    None any more
    My ellipsis are sealed.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Thread Information