Thread: Starting kids out on trials?

Bike
    2015 KTM200XC

Starting kids out on trials?

Hi all
    I posted yesterday on the dirt forum about wanting to get my son (7) onto a trials bike. We are based in norwest Auckland & he currently rides a dirtbike, but I would like to slow him down and upskill him. any advice or leads on where to go would be much appreciated
    cheers
    Buffstar
    WESTIE CHICKS ROCK

I don't know whether the Northern Trials Group is still going, but they used to do the trials north of Auckland.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Yamaha TZR 5o, Beta evo 2010
    We had a good 2 days in Auckland for rounds 5 and 6 of the north Island trials champs, showed that the number of riders in Auckland is increasing again.
    There are a number of good riders in Auckland so your son should enjoy hanging round them at least, some are not that old which helps Liam Draper (15-16) to name one, A grade NZ champ.

Best to contact the MNZ commissioner Jim Henderson to get some contact details at jim1@xtra.co.nz.

Bike
    honda125 2110
    Hi all
    I posted yesterday on the dirt forum about wanting to get my son (7) onto a trials bike. We are based in norwest Auckland & he currently rides a dirtbike, but I would like to slow him down and upskill him. any advice or leads on where to go would be much appreciated
    cheers
    Get demos for Pass4sure 312-50v8 exam vce and HP with 100% success guaranteed. Our high quality University of Cambridge

The WMCC is holding a practice trial on 2 Nov...no license or club membership required, suitable for new riders, sign on at 9.00am. Venue is 1080 SH16 Waimauku, should be sign posted on SH16 somewhere. A good chance to get involved in a real trial without the license etc.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Honda RS 125 1992
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post
    The WMCC is holding a practice trial on 2 Nov...no license or club membership required, suitable for new riders, sign on at 9.00am. Venue is 1080 SH16 Waimauku, should be sign posted on SH16 somewhere. A good chance to get involved in a real trial without the license etc.
    Bugger! I would have been keen but I'm on call this weekend, I might be able to pop over for a look see .

Thread Information