Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cage Kit - Where to find these?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Brayden View Post
    There was a little thing beside it however a big square loops with tall grass looked like a nice spot. They were doing a Roadsafe Course there though so will have to go next week
    That's the bit I was meaning. Couple dudes and myself use it, for...Practicing.

Bike
    05' Zx6r
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    That's the bit I was meaning. Couple dudes and myself use it, for...Practicing.
    Advanced bike handling manoevers?

I gave some sit downs today a quick go was sitting at about 20 k's and then pull the clutch in rev till about 8 then dump the clutch. Started off doing very small ones but gradually got them a bit higher and longer. Still feels weird though if I get a really high one a panic a lil and chop the throttle which probably isnt to nice for the suspension. but slowly getting used to the feeling of the wheel lifting and accelerating on the way down to smoothen it out..

How bad is this for your clutch by the way? Should I give the clutch a rest period after awhile?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Advanced bike handling manoevers?

I gave some sit downs today a quick go was sitting at about 20 k's and then pull the clutch in rev till about 8 then dump the clutch. Started off doing very small ones but gradually got them a bit higher and longer. Still feels weird though if I get a really high one a panic a lil and chop the throttle which probably isnt to nice for the suspension. but slowly getting used to the feeling of the wheel lifting and accelerating on the way down to smoothen it out..
    It's quite hard to explain what I want to convey in writing, but here goes.

Clutching it up is the way to go, but don't pull the clutch in so it disengages completely. Roll the throttle on like you want to accelerate away, and dip the clutch just a little bit to get a rev jump.

Jason (gohstrider) can launch the wheel as you're trying to do, but it takes HEAPS of control.

What you're searching for a the oh so sweet sound, of the revs jumping about 2000rpm. Resulting in a controlled rise from the front wheel. Would love to come out and show you the little bit I know, but it's just not on the cards in the near future with my schedule.

Bike
    05' Zx6r
    Cheers for that will try that technique out next week.. I guess you will be going faster but the rise of the front wheel will be much more predictable which will be cool.

All good man would be sweet to head out with you guys at some point. Is always easier to learn when you got someone who knows the ways!

Can't wait for next week

Bike
    05' Zx6r
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    shipping shouldn't be anymore than $100usd? if you get sick innovations cage make sure its the 2nd generation cause the orginal cages stick out and you will smash ure shins everyday in the same place.staggered is ure best bet. change ure brake pads to HH sintergrip and put sum good brake fluid in like castrol srf run about 10-15psi in the rear clutch it up and sorta hold the throttle in 1 place and use the rear brake 2 control the hight of ure wheelie.if you start chopping the throttle that will make ure bike wobble.
    Cheers mate might get a cage in a couple months if I start to take this thing seriously. I'm Guessing they're not really permanent so you can take them off for a track day or a long range ride?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Cheers mate might get a cage in a couple months if I start to take this thing seriously. I'm Guessing they're not really permanent so you can take them off for a track day or a long range ride?
    They're removeable. But I'd only ever take it off for a track day.

Bike
    05' Zx6r
    Damnnnn

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    These cages don't look that hard to make. If you have trouble getting one imported give us a yell and I might be able to help you Tig Weld something custom up

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Why'd you'd fuck your road bike is beyond me, (and you will fuck it, regardless of adding a cage)

Just buy this thing and keep your ZX6 as a nice road bike http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=590796453
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    05' Zx6r
    Great vid here.. Best I've seen !

Thread Information