Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleveland kidnapping: Now here's a thought...

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Oh god yes.... Hadn't thought about that I suppose.

Ex neighbour and a good friend of ours works for the UN as an investigator in Africa in some very dodgy places. He won't even hint about the worst crimes - it would simply give you nightmares he says...

Shit - there I go again... We really can be a sack of shit as a species can't we...
    yep, especially when we have a religion or tradition to legitimise it. Individuals can be bad enough but we really fuck up when someone places trappings around it. Look at dowry in India, started as a way for a rich bugger to leave money to his daughters and now it is an excuse to murder baby girls, burn and abuse wives, bankrupt families and generally abuse woman.
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people. --- Unknown sage

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by oneofsix View Post
    yep, especially when we have a religion or tradition to legitimise it. Individuals can be bad enough but we really fuck up when someone places trappings around it. Look at dowry in India, started as a way for a rich bugger to leave money to his daughters and now it is an excuse to murder baby girls, burn and abuse wives, bankrupt families and generally abuse woman.
    Yes - I agree 100%. Whats worse is if there isnt currently a religion or tradition to legitimise it then mankind comes up with one pretty damn quickly. As a species we are very adaptable like that.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    y'all talking as though women should have rights...

Thread Information