Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Oxford heated grips?

I rode home tonight wearing my winter Spidi gloves and Rain-offs with my Polly heaters on. Got home and had a nice warm drink...wrapping my hands around the mug to warm them up, bliss. Heated grips or bars are supposed to work like that....but I'm not doing 104kph into a headwind in the lounge.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    The gloves I wear cost me $85 a pair ... and the same price for the last three times I've replace them. I get three years riding from a pair before they need replacing. (then I give them to JAFFA riders to upgrade their gear)
    Brand and supplier please, not too keen on sloppy seconds.

Heated grips have never made them waterproof. But as you live in Auckland ... Motorcycle shops probably don't actually sell real winter gloves.
    No but the guards help slow the wetting process down, and when they are finally wet through, the girly grips at least keep them warm.

Admittedly my personal glove testing program hasn't exactly been exhaustive...like I can count the pairs on the fingers of one hand (that's four btw for you rural types...or mebbe that varies out your way? Yeehah! ).
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

For real cold mornings I'm using leather ski mittens with thermal lining - $32 from Torpedo7, warmer than any winter motorcycle glove I've used.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    Brand and supplier please, not too keen on sloppy seconds.
    DRIRIDER Thinsulate

Take a peek here ... an Aussie site I think ...

https://au.storeslider.com/dririder-...68971250e.html

No but the guards help slow the wetting process down, and when they are finally wet through, the girly grips at least keep them warm.
    I have been known to use bread bags ... held in place with rubber bands to slow the wetting process. (to slow ... being the operative words)

The West Coast of the south island is reknown for rain ... (must be on account of all the rain forests there ) so I get a fair bit of rain experience ...

Admittedly my personal glove testing program hasn't exactly been exhaustive...like I can count the pairs on the fingers of one hand (that's four btw for you rural types...or mebbe that varies out your way? Yeehah! ).
    There are one or two down Oamaru way ... that can count higher ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    R100GSPD
    heated grips with some kind of wind break.The best combination was a BMW k 100 rs with bmw grips,and the mirrors kept the bulk of the wind of the hands.I kinda felt like i could feel the warmth seeping back through the arms.Twas awesome,would not be without heated grips now

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    DRIRIDER Thinsulate

Take a peek here ... an Aussie site I think ...

https://au.storeslider.com/dririder-...68971250e.html
    Cheers, I'll look into those.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    The best combination was a BMW k 100 rs with bmw grips,and the mirrors kept the bulk of the wind of the hands.I kinda felt like i could feel the warmth seeping back through the arms.Twas awesome,would not be without heated grips now
    The Honda ST1100 was also pretty good for having the mirrors "Guarding" the gloves ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    I have a set of the 'handlebar mitts' for serious distance in cold or rain conditions, along with heated bar grips, you just cant go wrong. Last lot I bought were around $50
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Thread Information