Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Crashes, Falls and Drops

Bike
    one that goes
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    Warning Mr Katman whoever you may be. Only he who is blameless may cast the first stone.

I cannot speak for the others but I know my friend was a sensible rider. Particularly cautious in the wet, which is when it happened last night. Even so much so that before I started riding myself (and got caught in that thunder storm) I scoffed at his cautiousness.
    Warning Mr Katman ha ha. Do not, Don't fuck with katman, he will leave an ever lasting scratch right up your 'learners' arse. Still that maybe a good thing for you anyway.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Bollocks .
    Agreed...to live/ride by that, you'll have to be overly cautious, when being vigilant and riding within your limit/comfort zone, should ensure a blissful time on the road for the most part.

Bike
    Nothing :(
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    Oh I agree with her, however long the post may be lol.
    You can choose to take what I said in, or leave it, tis up to you. I just think you are missing out on SO MUCH FUN. Mind you some people won't think some of the things I do are fun, they'll just think I'm a tard.
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bosslady View Post
    You can choose to take what I said in, or leave it, tis up to you. I just think you are missing out on SO MUCH FUN. Mind you some people won't think some of the things I do are fun, they'll just think I'm a tard.
    Your not quite there yet, though your next bike could upgrade you to a mo-tard

Bike
    2008, Honda CBR600RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by duckonin View Post
    Warning Mr Katman ha ha. Do not, Don't fuck with katman, he will leave an ever lasting scratch right up your 'learners' arse. Still that maybe a good thing for you anyway.
    Scratch away. I've never claimed to be a thing but a green lemon with her training wheels still on A few of those lesson places have that you have to be able to go 80km + to do the course. I finally got to 100km on the motorway the other night. Weeeeeee. Now I can actually do the motorway I can ride to those learner courses. (As long as I don't have to take the bridge lol)
    I would like to do NASS but alas it is on a Wednesday and its winter. So by the time 7.30 rolls round it's too dark and tbh I'd rather learn when I can see the road properly. Bring on summer!!!

I'm keen to do a track day like Bosslady! When I've done some training lol and have the balls to actually get to the track!!

But please do keep on topic. If you want to flame me please post here: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...-new-(Juniper)

The topic is Crashes, Falls and Drops.

I don't see much in the media about bike crashes. Compared to cars where x amount of people were hurt or killed.
    What's the point in living if you don't feel alive?

Toying with ones mortality shouldn't be this much fun.

Bike
    2013 Honda CBR 250R
    Well I am glad that I saw this thread now - I shall now make sure to bring my new bike *nowhere* near you!!

Bike
    2008, Honda CBR600RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel_of_Metal View Post
    Well I am glad that I saw this thread now - I shall now make sure to bring my new bike *nowhere* near you!!
    Haha your already cursed just by me knowing you! Looking up your pics in a min.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeback View Post
    I've broken my back ,and wrist in 6 places , with a high side.
    Broke ribs , while crashstarting a bike .
    Broke thumb , tucking front on motard .
    I've been run of the road by 1 car , and another by a bike . Both minor crashes ,
    If you'r going to ride over a long period of time you'll have stories like these , everybody got them.
    IT'S NOT IF IT'S WHEN
    Complete and utter shit. I have ridden all year, all weather, in shit weather places like Dunedin and northern Scotland for over 20 years and have never crashed. Having an attitude of it not being if but when pretty much guarantees it being if not when IMHO. If I had suffered the injuries you had I would have given up bikes years ago. Can you not take a hint?

EDIT - In light of the thread title I have to admit to dropping it while stationary four times now.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Double mf post.

Bike
    Bikeless.NNnnnooooooooo!
    Blog Entries
    On a ligher note, I witnessed a spill last night in Udon Thani, where an old guy dropped is scoot on a busy street in the wet... he got up limping, picked his bike up...with a few helpers, and pushed it up onto the foot path. He had a bit of bark off, was bleeding a bit and had torn his trousers, what does he do? He pulls a towel from his luggage, wraps it around not his bleeding scrapes....... but around his waist, takes his trousers off and hands then to a street vender to sew up, waits, puts them back on and starts up and rides off...still bleeding.

Bike
    2008, Honda CBR600RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LBD View Post
    On a ligher note, I witnessed a spill last night in Udon Thani, where an old guy dropped is scoot on a busy street in the wet... he got up limping, picked his bike up...with a few helpers, and pushed it up onto the foot path. He had a bit of bark off, was bleeding a bit and had torn his trousers, what does he do? He pulls a towel from his luggage, wraps it around not his bleeding scrapes....... but around his waist, takes his trousers off and hands then to a street vender to sew up, waits, puts them back on and starts up and rides off...still bleeding.
    Haha that's an Aard man lol!!

Bike
    2008, Honda CBR600RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Complete and utter shit. I have ridden all year, all weather, in shit weather places like Dunedin and northern Scotland for over 20 years and have never crashed. Having an attitude of it not being if but when pretty much guarantees it being if not when IMHO. If I had suffered the injuries you had I would have given up bikes years ago. Can you not take a hint?

EDIT - In light of the thread title I have to admit to dropping it while stationary four times now.
    Is not Guaranteeing that I will fall. It's preparing me for when and IF I do fall it's not the end of the world (figuratively speaking) I can get up, brush myself off and get right back on (if possible at the time, but I think you get my drift)

Reality of the situation is that I may not fall.

I have tried very hard to train that childhood notion of "I'm invincible" out of me. I've never been in a crash or seriously hurt against my will. With the mantra of "It's not if, it's when" I am now not one of those cocky newbies.

For me it is just a wise saying and strong possibility. And sensible for newbies to hear at least once.
    For others it is a prediction. I also see these people as being realistic. You can't control every car or pine needle out there. As my friend is proof off.

Maybe it is that "I'm invincible" cockiness of mine that sees it only as a strong possibility.

Bike
    Tuono R , SD900
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post

oh if i could be the perfect rider like yourself and Kaman.
    walking around with your head in the clouds, thinking nothing will ever happen to me, you cannot control all the elements, no matter how carful you may ride.
    as for giving up on riding / bikes years a go, that show how soft you you are.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    ''Maybe it is that "I'm invincible" cockiness of mine that sees it only as a strong possibility''.

After reading that, I would say it's more of a certainty than a possibility.

Bike
    Nada
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    So you know DMNTD then? Say hi for me.
    You're such a meanie head Gordon

Thread Information