Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Crashes, Falls and Drops

Bike
    2008, Honda CBR600RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    ''Maybe it is that "I'm invincible" cockiness of mine that sees it only as a strong possibility''.

After reading that, I would say it's more of a certainty than a possibility.
    Dude, seriously you may just want to ignore my posts. I'm no sure you understand where seriousness ends and sarcasm begins.

Does anyone know where I can find a sarcasm font?

Just to confirm: there may be a slight possibility that I may be one of those lucky ones that never have a fall. (This completes the strong possibility/high percentage of chance that I will) knowing me for however many years that I have I do believe that I will. Though before the fact there can never be a definitive statement made.

Everybody believes that there is a possibility. Otherwise we would all be riding around naked with no protection on.
    My definitive statement is that if anyone believes otherwise, that there is no possibility they will ever fall off a motorbike (relative to those who ride on motorbikes, if you never ride on a motorbike you probably won't fall off one) has, as someone said, their head in the clouds. And I hope they have good life insurance!!

(To confirm the last sentence was me being cheeky)
    What's the point in living if you don't feel alive?

Toying with ones mortality shouldn't be this much fun.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Dude, all you have to is add p/t (pisstake) at the end and all is well ...either that or stop posting dribble just to draw attention to yourself, up to you.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeback View Post
    oh if i could be the perfect rider like yourself and Kaman.
    walking around with your head in the clouds, thinking nothing will ever happen to me, you cannot control all the elements, no matter how carful you may ride.
    There are quite a few people posting in this thread saying that they have never crashed on the road, I don't expect any of them would say they are perfect. I certainly wouldn't. Every time I get on the bike I think something will happen to me, every time I go through an intersection I think the same. So far it hasn't because I don't ride with my head in the clouds, unlike many.

as for giving up on riding / bikes years a go, that show how soft you you are.
    I think if I had crashed all those times and suffered all those injuries I would have taken the hint and got four wheels before I paralysed myself. Every five years is not a good average is it?

Bike
    You will bin ( go for a slide or a fly ) & there will be fuck all you can do about it .... I know I am going to ... I have not yet but I know I will & it will fucking hurt ( since I do things proper like ) .

In short just ride ( during daylight ) like I have said MANY TIMES BEFORE & hone your skills a bit, dont be in a rush to try & keep up with us bigger folk .

With time comes skill & confidence ... just make sure that it is in that order & you will be fine .

As far as I am concerned Auckland is for being shitty driver territory with Wellington coming a close get a couple of thou km's on the bike before you even look at lane splitting down the motorway.
    You need to be comfortable at 100kmh & know your surroundings before you attempt to squeeze through cars while they are stopped ( going slow ) & you are going between them .

& Last but least ... KB is full of fuckwits, pick & choose advice carefully . ( Read that as only people that are accredited are worth listening to )

As you were

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by nzmikey View Post
    You will bin ( go for a slide or a fly ) & there will be fuck all you can do about it .... I know I am going to ... I have not yet but I know I will & it will fucking hurt ( since I do things proper like ) .
    With that attitude, of course you will.

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    I got my bike license at 15 and have owned bikes all my life....but have gone without road bikes at times... I have crashed on the road once and it was all me.
    Who knew that taking the bike XR600 to work with the dirt tyres still on to "wake me up" after a hard night on the piss and crossing white lines was a bad idea

Ride with your eyes wide open and think that everyone might pull out on you... Ride near the center of the lane when no-one is in font of you so that if there is a person park on the side of the road you go around and if some one cuts the corner you are safe ..... If in a cue of traffic its different.

I have friends that have lost family members on bike crashes and dont like the fact I ride but most of those that died were pushing it.... fast and race lines and not being able to avoid parked vehicles on the inside line was the cause for two of them, Plain speed and cars pulling out in front of them another cause

I am on a cruiser now to lessen that chance of loosing my license as when I don't have a dirt bike running to thrash to blow the cobwebs out, you can have the cruiser pushed to the edge on windy stuff....without breaking open road speed limits to much....or risking yourself to much. I have had dickheads pull out on me several times on the cruiser (black bike and black leathers) and I am blown away I managed to avoid a couple....but being well within your limits gives you the ability to avoid, I am doing things to make the bike more visable to... to try and limit the risk.

Ride safe and enjoy the ride

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeback View Post
    Blah blah blah. Look how cool I am...
    IT'S NOT IF IT'S WHEN
    Total dribble. Needs to be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Bollocks .
    What this mofo says.

Now, crashing is something I am somewhat of an expert at. With the exception of one woman pulling out in front of me, every one was through stupid decisions on my part. I should have been able to avoid the failing to stop bitch too, but sleep deprivation slowed my already less than optimal cognitive prowess.

Instruction, hours in the seat, and observation will keep your arse unscathed. There are many people out there who don't know the pain of a bike on top of them/car flying under them/footpeg through an ankle. I envy every one of them.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    With that attitude, of course you will.
    Oh I feel so honoured to be quoted by the great Katman .

I am not a God ( not sure about yourself tho ) so therefore I cant control EVERYTHING on the road, yes I can control my own actions but what I cant control is everything else .

EG: shit on the road , weather conditions , sheer bad luck , other drivers , act's of god ( your actions by the sounds of it )

I am a realist I accept myself ( along with others ) are not perfect we are all human so we are going to fuck up at some stage.
    If I crash & end up all fucked up my family know to flip the switch as I will be pissed if I wake up a dribbling paraplegic.

Yeah I push limits & I am pretty sure you have once or twice in your life, if not then wow your a fucking Saint & should be the next pope .

I have also lost a few friends to bike, I have also got mates that have lost limbs from crashes ... shit happens .

/rant

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Oh I feel so honoured to be quoted by the great Katman .

I am not a God ( not sure about yourself tho ) so therefore I cant control EVERYTHING on the road, yes I can control my own actions but what I cant control is everything else .

EG: shit on the road , weather conditions , sheer bad luck , other drivers , act's of god ( your actions by the sounds of it )

I am a realist I accept myself ( along with others ) are not perfect we are all human so we are going to fuck up at some stage.
    If I crash & end up all fucked up my family know to flip the switch as I will be pissed if I wake up a dribbling paraplegic.

Yeah I push limits & I am pretty sure you have once or twice in your life, if not then wow your a fucking Saint & should be the next pope .

I have also lost a few friends to bike, I have also got mates that have lost limbs from crashes ... shit happens .

/rant
    Hehehehe, I have made every single one of those arguments when trying to convince Katman. If you try and take in what the grumpy cunt is saying, you too might change your tune.

If not, it's all good. It is always entertaining to read, no matter how often the same shit gets said.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Hehehehe, I have made every single one of those arguments when trying to convince Katman. If you try and take in what the grumpy cunt is saying, you too might change your tune.

If not, it's all good. It is always entertaining to read, no matter how often the same shit gets said.
    That was my 1st time being quoted by him ... I felt all giddy inside ... & a wee bit turned on .

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Katman makes a lot more sense than some knob telling people they will crash
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Katman makes a lot more sense than some knob telling people they will crash
    Hey come on, she has been on the back of my bike several times ... she aint smacked me yet for anything that I have done

Bike
    2008, Honda CBR600RR
    Blog Entries
    Hey come on, she has been on the back of my bike several times ... she aint smacked me yet for anything that I have done
    Whose 'she'? The fucking cats mother lol.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    Whose 'she'? The fucking cats mother lol.
    well if you want to be correct about it ... yes, yes she is the cats mother ... x2 of them I am led to believe

Right now get of KB & fuck off for a ride

Bike
    2008, Honda CBR600RR
    Blog Entries
    well if you want to be correct about it ... yes, yes she is the cats mother ... x2 of them I am led to believe

Right now get of KB & fuck off for a ride
    On or off? Eyes are bad you see and this is a tiny phone.

Thread Information