Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Slippery roads

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Quote Originally Posted by madbikeboy View Post
    What upgrades have you done to the suspension? I recently yanked the forks and serviced them, dropped the oil weight a step. Made a positive difference. Was considering an Ohlins upgrade for the rear...

The exhaust is 20 odd kg's alone. The tail section is near enough to 45 kgs. I've ridden a couple of modded second gen's with thou tails, and it makes a difference. Hard to gauge how much difference because both were modded with turbo kits.
    I put a Nitron N2 in the rear and KSS revalved the front and put Racetech pistons and springs in the front. Big dollars but a huge difference. Very average suspension as standard IMHO.

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    Maybe, except adventure tyres don't usually grip as well as sports tyres.

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk

Bike
    RSVR1000 YZ490J
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    I've always been fairly confident in the rain. But in the last few weeks I've been through a couple of roads that even my lil bike spun up the rear wheel.

It's that shiny tar! The first instance was at a T intersection, the back wheel was locking up under downshifting/braking (very slow braking without even touching the front brake). When I took off slowly the back wheel suddenly broke traction and I entered the road sideway. Fun and scarey all in one.

The second instance was this arvo coming from Bombay up the hill towards Pukekohe, I was overtaking a few cars before the yellow lines, as I turned back into my lane the rear wheel skidded out to the right then in my lane it skidded out to the left. Heart racing!

I'm thinking my rear tire hasn't got as much wet grip as my old one
    The only time i ever droped a road bike, was my rsvr, it was in aussie north qld and it was the first rain of the wet season, i had all good tyres, was going so slow round the round about i was almost going backward and still it pancaked on me, i was soo pissed off it scratched the hell out of my fairings.

Thread Information