Page 832 of 2633 FirstFirst ... 33273278282283083183283383484288293213321832 ... LastLast
Results 12,466 to 12,480 of 39487

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Maico Bimota 250

crank case clearances

What is the suggested spacing between the crank and case to reduce windage losses?
    ........Rules are for fools and a guide for the wise ..............

http://www.marshland.co.nz

Bike
    2006, KTM, 250 SX
    Quote Originally Posted by marsheng View Post
    What is the suggested spacing between the crank and case to reduce windage losses?
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...post1130291499
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    1 mm should be enough to avoid the viscous drag.

Bike
    TZ400
    Before he left Derby to go do the Aprilia RSA I believe Jan got nearly 50 Hp from the reed engine, up from the 45 it had when Lorenzo rode.
    They do sprocket power, so rear wheel on a Dynojet would be maybe a bit over 45.
    Frits has posted a graph showing the reed engine Vs the rotary valve before Jan massaged it upward.

Makes me spit when you think of HRC with a noname on board the RS250 winning the last title due to idiots at the factory and idiots on the bikes for Aprilia.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Patrick, I too am interested in total average pressure in the chamber. I'm assuming it's probably two or three psi ?
    About 0.25 bar in real money.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    About 0.25 bar in real money.
    About 3.5 psi in old money.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EFI Programing 1.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	245.0 KB 
ID:	286952

OK ... now I have got the laptop talking properly to both the EFI and the Ignitec at the same time and the TPS input is responding correctly on both and all the gauges on the EFI are reading as expected, so good to go.

I still have a lot to learn about programming the EFI but when I get the fuel system hooked up, I will have a little try to see if I can get it to start.... this is fun.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    TZ 350,yes, isn't it fun. Have you got one TPS feeding the two computers?

Frits, yes "old money" , I've just got my David Brown gear hob going and it's all BSF threads. Hard to find these days, I might have to thread cut these odd ball fasteners on the lathe. It has a few missing and or stripped. We do a bit of work for the US, they still use " old money " , a pain in the ^%$@.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Have you got one TPS feeding the two computers?
    Yes ....

Name:	EFI+Ignitec TPS.pdf 
Views:	114 
Size:	165.7 KB 
ID:	286966

Bike
    1996 Buell S1

hits

Over 1million page views

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by cotswold View Post
    Over 1million page views
    Now that is really cool!!!!!

Bike
    TZ400
    Dont know if it will make a difference but TPS has its own sensor ground on the Ignitech - maybe this should be combined with the EFI sensor ground.
    May not show up on the bench, but possibly when running.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Before he left Derby to go do the Aprilia RSA I believe Jan got nearly 50 Hp from the reed engine, up from the 45 it had when Lorenzo rode.
    They do sprocket power, so rear wheel on a Dynojet would be maybe a bit over 45.
    Frits has posted a graph showing the reed engine Vs the rotary valve before Jan massaged it upward.

Thanks yet again, the dyno i was on is an 'mjp dyno'

I had a lot of drivetrainloss due to:,,, forget to check tirepressure and the exhausthose rubbed the rear wheel.
    I had 0.2bar of tirepressure *lol*
    I went to the dyno with no sparkplugs, no jets.. hoping that the dynoer had the things i needed.
    He had no jets in the sizes i needed so engine ran a bit rich and the sparkplug(equal to an NGK B6ES) was starting to melt due to overheating.
    Received 30.41hp at wheel.
    Now at home engine runs way better due to better heatrange of sparkplug(NGK B9ES)
    And tuned the fuel a bit.
    I´m dreaming of about 34-35hp at the point where i´m at right now, but haven´t dynoed those numbers, just 'buttdyno', the engine runs a lot harder now than just after the dyno.
    If one could fantasy about sprocket power, i´m in the range of about 37-39hp at the sprocket.
    Still a bit to tune. i run an unmodded V-force reed now, but i´m modding an another reed as we speak. takes some days to finish thou, Jb-welding takes it´s time.

My goal is a bit less than Derbi couse i haven´t got the resourches to dyno every now and then.
    i´m tuning at home with buttdyno

The engine?
    Honda MT5(with kawasaki barrel from 1987)
    (50cc version of the Elsinore engine,but mine have grown)

Rgds.
    Patrick

Bike
    Dont know if it will make a difference but TPS has its own sensor ground on the Ignitech - maybe this should be combined with the EFI sensor ground. May not show up on the bench, but possibly when running.
    Good point, my thinking was that with the Ignitec and Ecotrons there is no measurable DC resistance between sensor ground and battery ground so I expect the sensor ground is connected directly to battery ground through the earth plane on their circuit boards.

So as it stands the Ignitec CDI and Ecotrons EFI are both tied to a common potential by their battery wires.

Name:	TPS Voltages.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	139.9 KB 
ID:	286978 The active voltage range of my TPS is 2690mV or 2.69V.

I agree it works OK on the bench but like you say, its worth keeping in mind the effect that any noise in the ground plane might have on things and tying the Ignitecs sensor ground to the 0V side of the TPS looks like a good idea and I think I will do that before I try to run this thing seriously.

Name:	EFI-and-Ignitec-TPS.pdf 
Views:	40 
Size:	181.6 KB 
ID:	286982

Up date as suggested by Wobbly.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by SwePatrick View Post

The most amount on GP racers hp output with reeds(wheel hp)
    Does somebody know those numbers?Kind regards
    Patrick

When Jan Thiel went to Derbi to design the bike we now know as the Aprilia RSA125, he encountered the 125 cc reed valve Derbi ridden by Lorenzo the previous season. Jan played around with the reed valver as well, because he wanted to find out the differences between reed valve and disk valve power. He managed to extract 2 HP more from the reed valver than anyone else had ever done before (never mind the fairy tales of reed valve 125s producing over 50 HP; those Horses must have been Shetland ponies, probably measured at the piston ring).
    My graph shows the power curve for the Aprilia RSA, the Aprilia RSW and that best-ever reed valve Derbi. It's not quite in the same league as the rotaries, hmm?

EDIT: Shame on me; I discovered that I posted a wrong graph (and I do not have the correct one at hand here in Holland). Power curve DERBILOR shows the reed valve Derbi as Lorenzo rode it. After Jan finished playing with it, it had 49 HP. Still, the best-ever disk valver produced 10 % more power than the best-ever reed valver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    http://www.pit-lane.biz/t4140-2-stro...troke-wristpin

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Thiel
    Quote Originally Posted by Filandro
    I have a little question about a Cagiva Mito barrel with large booster; how plug up the wrsitpin, avoiding the "short circuit" between exhaust and transfer?
    It's a 16 mm pin, can't fit an Aprilia GP pin!
    I'm thinking to put some kneadatite into the pin ID..any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Aprilia wristpins were made by Pankl.
    It was done by welding.
    Every different solution we tried was a failure.
    Maybe they will make some for you too!
    And another approach taken by Wob, if any one is doing the piston pin thing this may be worth a try too.

Why put the plug inside the pin with a "new"" groove,there is already a groove available and also there is a chamfer on the end of the pin that can be used - as it was previously - to force outward, the retainer into this groove.

I made these plastic plugs several years ago using glass reinforced Peek,and tested them with no positive results at all.
    But now we have tripple ports reaching around to 1/2 bore, and yes they do work a treat.

Bike
    1996 Buell S1

Only one of these is a works bucket racer..........

Marques, Sykes ,Rossi and Av
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	, sykes, rossi, marques and Av.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	287018  

Thread Information