Thread: Rego on hold

Bike
    Masport

Rego on hold

Gudday, I'm lucky enough to be headed over seas for 3 months (moto GP in Germany is part of this trip) and want to "hold" the rego on my bike.
    Please correct me if i'm wrong but it looks like it's sewn up so that I can't do anything until the current rego runs out?? How is that fair, I wont be using it for 3 months!!
    Really wish I had only got 6 months rego last time, not 12.

Anyway, looks like the system wins again (wankers) - bleet over.

Bike
    RATS & RICE
    Blog Entries
    That's correct too my knowledge you can't put your rego on hold until its time for it to be renewed...

Yip its win/win for them..

Bike
    Kate
    even better if you get back after it has run out for less than 3 months as they then get to charge you back rego for the period you couldn't use the bike. I can't understand why people get annoyed about this tax
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people. --- Unknown sage

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    I tried to do the same on the Transport Agency website only to find that I have suspended it for the time I will be needing it

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by SantiagoYoung View Post
    No clue what's happening...
    Putty a m/c on hold is a very straight forward process. It can be done physically at any. Any AA, VTNZ/VTNZ/NZTA rep brick and mortor establishment or online at https://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicles/li...-rego-on-hold/ . All you need is a credit card, your drivers licence and the m/c rego number to do it online. I had 6 m/cs on hold at the same time at one point, with bikes going back as being produced in 1972. You even get mail or email reminders when the "on hold" period is about to expire.

Nice nacro bump btw.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    While you have to wait for the rego to run out, I have been able to back date the on hold period. I can't remember the exact duration, but it was about 2 months.

It didn't work this winter though, possibly because of allowing expired rego since the first lockdown.

Which reminds me that I have to get 2 WoF's very soon...

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Probably three months. I've done similar in the past to get around that back payment bit. I always put a m/c on hold for the twelve months. It doesn't cost any more.

Thread Information