Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Chroming exhaust pipes?

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    thats gotta be the ultimate result spyda! while we're on the pipe chroming subject..does anyone know how much a 4n1 cost to chrome nowadays?
    im gunna ph cycleworks and see if they still do the 4n1 slash cut for my gs..in chrome, im kinda expecting itll be an extra $120 over and above the
    satin black ones which are on trademe for $695, but i could be waaay off on that price
    'the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by fridayflash View Post
    thats gotta be the ultimate result spyda! while we're on the pipe chroming subject..does anyone know how much a 4n1 cost to chrome nowadays?
    im gunna ph cycleworks and see if they still do the 4n1 slash cut for my gs..in chrome, im kinda expecting itll be an extra $120 over and above the
    satin black ones which are on trademe for $695, but i could be waaay off on that price
    $120???? for a starter there'll be a extra work taken in the build stage even before it gets to the chrome plater, then he'll have to either do two trips to the plater or two couriers fees so $120 won't go far, oh and if they use valley platers then it'll be another two trips to get it right...

Bike
    As many as I can get away with
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    $120???? for a starter there'll be a extra work taken in the build stage even before it gets to the chrome plater, then he'll have to either do two trips to the plater or two couriers fees so $120 won't go far, oh and if they use valley platers then it'll be another two trips to get it right...
    Your'e right there Spyda. I got a quote for re-chroming a pair of handle bars for my BMW R90S last week...near SHAT myself. The price of chroming has gone through the roof...$120 (cash). Christ they're only a set of single bend bars (no cross brace or anything) and the chrome that is on them is not that bad. $120 ain't gunna get you squat on a set of 4 into 1's

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    I got my BMW headers and Staintune mufflers polished last week, they look like new $120 , chrome pfffft.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    As many as I can get away with
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    I got my BMW headers and Staintune mufflers polished last week, they look like new $120 , chrome pfffft.
    Yup, that's why I didn't get the rear indicator bracket re-chromed...I'll make one out of stainless and they can jam the chrome up where it don't shine

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer

i thought a might be way outa touch on that one...i know $120 extra used to be what cycleworks quoted...but knowing my elephant memory that was probably 15 to 20 years ago
    'the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    suzuki
    now i find tyhe steels no longer available in nz, gotta get it from the states! that's gonna cost but it's gotta be right...

Bike
    Exercycle
    now i find tyhe steels no longer available in nz, gotta get it from the states! that's gonna cost but it's gotta be right...
    Is he after a forming and drawing steel ? i can see why....

It's possible someone who's doing a lot of 2 stroke pipes may have some here in NZ - it's what you'd use for blown pipes.

Do Fisher & Paykel still press whiteware in NZ ? They'd be using it.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Do Fisher & Paykel still press whiteware in NZ ? They'd be using it.
    Sooooo, go to the tip and grab a bunch of old washing machines?

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Sooooo, go to the tip and grab a bunch of old washing machines?
    1/12 inch thin wall box section and 1 inch too...

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Ahhhhh, of course. I hadn't even thought of the straight sections. Idiot.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Atlas steel took over Southwards lines and carry inch sizes down to 20G i think...thicker off the rack here in ChCh no probs.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Atlas steel took over Southwards lines and carry inch sizes down to 20G i think...thicker off the rack here in ChCh no probs.
    picked it up yesterday, i'd gone around in circles with people saying i wont get it, thanks dude, now i've posted in modifying motorcycles re muffling and someone suggested asking you....
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...post1130607135

Bike
    Bikes!
    There's a website in the UK that supplies parts for mufflers (baffles, outers, end caps, you name it) in various sizes.

http://www.pjengineering.co.uk/

Go hard.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Cool they even make Van muffler parts. Hooee! Carbon Big bore on the HiAce! I'd be cool.

I'd be cool right?

Guys?

Hey where ya going?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information