Thread: Hamilton Motorcycle Club Winter Series Round 1

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries

Hamilton Motorcycle Club Winter Series Round 1

Racing in winter is usually an exercise in patience punctuated by sudden bursts of frantic tyre changing, but the first round of the Hamilton Motorcycle Club Winter Series was much more relaxed than most.

The weather during the week had been absolute crap with weather warnings and road closures all over the place and, unfortunately, a funeral. Due to the unexpected nature of the funeral I was going to have to get the bike ready on the Saturday before the Sunday's racing, so if anything didn't go as planned I wouldn't have much time at all to sort the problem.

The main issue I was having was the fluid level in the forks was too high. This was causing the front end to sit too high under brakes, bringing the back end up so I wasn't able to brake as hard as I'd like in most corners. The cure for this is, naturally, to lower the level of the fork fluid a little. Just a 5ml change in the fork fluid can make a dramatic difference to the handling of a bike and I estimated that the bike would still ride a bit too high under brakes but removing more than 5ml without good advice is asking for trouble.

Click to continue ...
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    03 Hornet 900, 08 Daytona 675 race bike
    Good write up as usual, sounds like a great event. Sounds like you were pretty pleased with yourself It's always good when that happens. Well done mate !
    "You never understood that it ain't no good, you shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you" - Bob Dylan

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    I had a great day mate. Times were about 2 seconds off anyones best due to how cold the track was but it was just great to be back out there again. Especially at an event that's low stress and aimed at encouraging new people to give it a go.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Bike
    Hornet
    Hope you don't mind Mr Trousers, but we wish to run this in the Hamilton MCC newsletter this issue.

Cheers
    Steve
    HMCC

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Yeah go for it mate.

Quote Originally Posted by bartshumandad View Post
    Hope you don't mind Mr Trousers, but we wish to run this in the Hamilton MCC newsletter this issue.

Cheers
    Steve
    HMCC

Thread Information