Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Constitution. And shit.

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    funny enough. Thats CASE law.
    Common law is 'the imemorable practice of the people'
    by LEGISLATION common=universal (universal=everyone, like, not a democratic majority, but EVERYONE)
    anyway, case law is ruled under legislation.
    If your person is charged with an infringement, and theres proof, your person is guilty.
    Steal a loaf of bread to feed the family, ie.
    They cant rule against legislation.
    Luckily I got the main point I was going for in that not under rule of TPTB but got the rest totally fucked up.
    BTW they often rule against parliament if not against legislation. Courts rule differently on legislation than politicians intended.
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people. --- Unknown sage

Bike
    R100GSPD
    funny enough. Thats CASE law.
    Common law is 'the imemorable practice of the people'
    by LEGISLATION common=universal (universal=everyone, like, not a democratic majority, but EVERYONE)
    anyway, case law is ruled under legislation.
    If your person is charged with an infringement, and theres proof, your person is guilty.
    Steal a loaf of bread to feed the family, ie.
    They cant rule against legislation.
    case law is the testing of law,its not a specific seperate branch of law...ie there might be a case where you were accused of dangerous driving because you were lane splitting...in this case a judge found that akzle did not break the law,so from now on us bikers quote akzle vs the police for our case law re lane splitting.The government cant overturn that,they have to try to create new laws if they want to stop bikers splitting.But in the meantime we are safe cos of that specific case.

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    case law is the testing of law,its not a specific seperate branch of law...ie there might be a case where you were accused of dangerous driving because you were lane splitting...in this case a judge found that akzle did not break the law,so from now on us bikers quote akzle vs the police for our case law re lane splitting.The government cant overturn that,they have to try to create new laws if they want to stop bikers splitting.But in the meantime we are safe cos of that specific case.
    I see a cross over between case and common law.
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people. --- Unknown sage

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smifffy View Post
    ...because that would be unconstitutional.....
    no, illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by oneofsix View Post
    Luckily I got the main point I was going for in that not under rule of TPTB but got the rest totally fucked up.
    BTW they often rule against parliament if not against legislation. Courts rule differently on legislation than politicians intended.
    the letter of the law

Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    no, it would be found that akzles lane splitting did not constitute dangerous driving.
    While the next case, bmwsts lane splitting on the rear wheel while flipping the bird, is dangerous.
    Precedent is the word. But we're off topic.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    I see a cross over between case and common law.
    in modern white parlance theyre interchangable.

Common law SHOULDNT have its precedent under legislation.
    Smoking dope, ie.
    By COMMON law, is lawful. Under crown, is illegal.

Bike
    XR200

As I understand it it is law made up from court cases rather than that dictated from Parliament but it is only useful as long as judges and courts are separate from government. It also incorporates historical elements because it is developed over time so not as troubled by the here and now. A constitution can be amended with relative ease compared to history.
    That's a pretty good explanation.

Our laws are derived from two stems: Acts of Parliament and Common Law.

The Westminster Parliament has existed for 600 years and passed countless Acts = laws. Those Acts up til 1840 are adopted in NZ but we have our own Acts since then. For example The Statute of Elizabeth 1601 encodes the law of charities. Magna Carta 1215 is where we get the right of habeas corpus.

The Common Law is older, deeper, and richer because it grows from decisions of the Courts over a similar period, decisions settling the infinite variety of arguments people get into. These decisions provide precedents so future arguments can be resolved knowing the law is settled in such and such a direction. Every now and then the Common Law branches out in a new way - the categories are never closed.

Basically Parliament looks after the big policy stuff - general rules, and the Courts look after the common everyday civil (not criminal) legal disputes.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston001 View Post

The Westminster Parliament has existed for 600 years and passed countless Acts = laws. Those Acts up til 1840 are adopted in NZ but we have our own Acts since then. For example The Statute of Elizabeth 1601 encodes the law of charities. Magna Carta 1215 is where we get the right of habeas corpus.

The Common Law is older, deeper, and richer because it grows from decisions of the Courts over a similar period, decisions settling the infinite variety of arguments people get into. These decisions provide precedents so future arguments can be resolved knowing the law is settled in such and such a direction. Every now and then the Common Law branches out in a new way - the categories are never closed.

Basically Parliament looks after the big policy stuff - general rules, and the Courts look after the common everyday civil (not criminal) legal disputes.
    and case law sets the precedents

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries

ACTs are legislation. Statute.
    Regulatory law if you really feel the need to use the word law.

Bike
    It was on the good
    i hear it a lot and it irks me.
    Concerning nz. 'its uncostitutional', 'constitutional review' etc.

What the fuck do people believe to be the nz constitution?!
    Farrrk. You seem to be starting random threads these days like a couple of the women who frequent the forum. Has someone stolen your horse or something and you can't get out?

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Farrrk. You seem to be starting random threads these days like a couple of the women who frequent the forum. Has someone stolen your horse or something and you can't get out?
    no. My horses cam chain snapped. No cunt will pay me to leave. The mods seem to have given up on me. Ed seems to be on holiday.

...and i was genuinely interested in what happens in sheeples brains when they hear 'constitution'

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    Have you seen the resultant shit from those pies
    Yeah .. used to float off Moa Point ...

OR
    The govt wasnt constitutionally formed so that legislation is unlawful.
    Yes ... that's right ... The Treaty says the country belongs to us - not you white fellows .. and we hold sovereignty ..

I was more wondering what the average joe THOUGHT not googld. It seems to be a catchphrase accepted/taken in ignorance.
    Jeez .. you don't ask for much do you ... the average joe is taught NOT to think ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    bandit

The Westminster Parliament has existed for 600 years and passed countless Acts = laws.
    Our laws have existed here for 2,000 years ... and we are still here ... and we still follow them (and sometimes we follow your laws too.)
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    Yes ... that's right ... The Treaty says the country belongs to us - not you white fellows .. and we hold sovereignty ..
    haha. Treaty. So you need the queen to aknowledge your 'right' (as a 'native') to sovereignty...?

And who you calling a white fallow?

Some fuckn evidence. You havnt done a very good job of defending the cuntry from crackerism.

Bike
    None any more
    I was wondering how long it would be until the T word was mentioned.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    All of them

Thread Information