Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: VT250 carb issues

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    not quite what I had in mind, but both can be put on your face, which is a bonus
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    honda xr350
    [QUOTE=328FTW;1130570305]Bone dry. But every now and then it fires into life. I'm just looking for something I've missed. I've had these carbs apart a good 5 times and been quite careful in putting them back together. Fuel tap works, fuel lines and filter are new, everything seems clean but it delves into running like a sack of shit when it feels like it.

Bike is going to land up in the waikato river off the back of a ute at this rate /proble

Bike
    honda xr350
    you tried running the bike with out the fuel filter they starved the carby on my bike

Bike
    2001 RF400RV
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty308 View Post
    you tried running the bike with out the fuel filter they starved the carby on my bike
    Tis my next step. Although I never had an issue with it on the old setup. Then again with the crap gas I got the other day in the GN it could boil down to maybe I've been fighting something stupid like bad fuel which is making me look for something that's not there.

Bike
    2001 RF400RV
    Crack in the carb housing around the top diaphragm. Welded it up and went much better, still dropping out sometimes but nowhere near as bad or often. God this thing is broken

I'm of the opinion now that they're terrible bikes. I've no reason to want another an am on the lookout for a decent suzuki or something. Anything that isn't a fucking broken honda. Any serious offers over $800 I'd pretty much consider.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Don't link this thread to anybody you're selling it to lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    2001 RF400RV
    To be fair there is good points, new rear tyre, new brakes, new fork seals, polished alloy covers and I bought a new chain. That's part of why I'm throwing a shitty, I've spent a lot of time not just on the motor but trying to make it a decent bike and it keeps shitting on my weekend time. Those brakes are shits of things, that alone puts me off if I have to deal with that over and over.

Bike
    2001 RF400RV
    Engine number 3 has thrown a rod out the front of the block.......again.

I'm not saying these engines are bad, I'm saying they're raging piles of shit. Shone a torch into the hole, rod still bolted to the crank but the piston has parted ways with the rod just under the gudgeon same place as the first one that did this to me. I've towed this POS more miles than I've ridden.

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Quote Originally Posted by 328FTW View Post

I'm not saying these engines are bad, I'm saying they're raging piles of shit. Shone a torch into the hole, rod still bolted to the crank but the piston has parted ways with the rod just under the gudgeon same place as the first one that did this to me. I've towed this POS more miles than I've ridden.
    Maybe its the rider.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s

Time for an upgrade.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    Time for an upgrade.
    Dude its not the engines fault there only pieces of metal the fault is idiots that trash the life out them never change the oil or run them low on oil . only 2 ltrs i think.

I brought one cost me 500.00 plus 200 for shipping plus 80.00 for spare engine that seller sold me with fecked crank .

the early motors did burn out cranks the bearings on the conrod either from cylinder

or the rear i forget both mine are the same . course it trow a rod in this case.

500.00 to get the crank cold weled and brought back to exellent condtion .

The vt got very short stroke high revs so piston accerration stress be very high

If you going rev them to redline when 20 plus years old with alot of play there going let go.

Its not if its just a matter of when

Bike
    2001 RF400RV
    I do realize they are revvy time bombs but this motor apart from the carbs I went through and rebuilt the bitch top to bottom. There were new valves, rings, checked clearances etc etc. I suck with carbs cause I have no experience; I'm an EFI man. My dad is going off about how it must be what I'm doing to the motors but the first one to blow was a standard motor I hadn't dicked with that just shit the bottom end going hard down a long straight.

I've wanted to upgrade but I wanted to have mine running right and sold first. I'm no pansy, I ride/drive the hell out of whatever it is I'm using. I'm a stickler for maintenance and pretty decent at building motors. This bike though, my god I'm unsure if I should just laugh or cry; it's terrible. I'm so lost on half the stuff that's happened like the camshaft that broke in half, how in the holy hell does that even happen.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Smile

I do realize they are revvy time bombs but this motor apart from the carbs I went through and rebuilt the bitch top to bottom. There were new valves, rings, checked clearances etc etc. I suck with carbs cause I have no experience; I'm an EFI man. My dad is going off about how it must be what I'm doing to the motors but the first one to blow was a standard motor I hadn't dicked with that just shit the bottom end going hard down a long straight.

I've wanted to upgrade but I wanted to have mine running right and sold first. I'm no pansy, I ride/drive the hell out of whatever it is I'm using. I'm a stickler for maintenance and pretty decent at building motors. This bike though, my god I'm unsure if I should just laugh or cry; it's terrible. I'm so lost on half the stuff that's happened like the camshaft that broke in half, how in the holy hell does that even happen.
    Yes but its the bottom ends did you hold on to the conrods and see if there was side to side wear.

Both mine all had to do was take the sump of and put end of screw driver on the con rod bearing caps

That and brass in the oil , cam shatf snapping in half is intresting

Bike
    2001 RF400RV
    The first engine that threw a rod had 30,000 on it and was running perfect but the bike was crashed and written off. This one had everything in spec because I checked it with feeler gauges, plastiguage etc etc.

Just such a waste of time

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Snapping a cam shaft, is often just oil starving. They seize one bearing surface and snap...(Not that they have bearings as such).

I dunno about the new motor. Terrible fuckin luck.

They're not the high revving as far as that goes, and the later ones as reliable as death and taxes as far as I've always thought.

Thread Information