Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: VT250 carb issues

Bike
    2001 RF400RV
    I've bench balanced then dynamic balanced the carbs. I have no idea why the carbs are being so much trouble. I'm so good at pulling these motors in and out now I can do it in about 30 minutes flat if that. I've flushed and blown the carbs out a few times now, I even had some leaks so cut my own gaskets carefully and got the floats to stop pissing out the overflow.

But I get on it and its flat, also oil leaks to africa cause the seals are hardened in the cam covers and oil filter spin on housing thing. The plugs are new and my next task will be to change the coils for newer ones, insulate and make sure the leads are working fine, blow all the oil and crap away from the sparkplug boot area after fixing the oil leaks and hopefully have the carbs soaking in some wicked evil cleaner while I do all this. The compression on the new motor is 230psi both banks, it starts easy. I dislike having a bike that is this much work though.

Also my gearshift is backwards on the new motor, up is down a gear, down is up a gear. I've completely no idea how that even happens.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    The new motor is from a later model. They run a linkage from the gear lever to the selector shaft. I'm assuming your old one had the lever straight on the shaft. Simple.

Bike
    2001 RF400RV
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    The new motor is from a later model. They run a linkage from the gear lever to the selector shaft. I'm assuming your old one had the lever straight on the shaft. Simple.

This seems like an overly elaborate way to make me fabricate something that shouldn't exist. Apparently the MC08 had these. I'll have to make a new linkage and pivot now to -_-

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    I'll give you a drag on my GN bro. Or my Kawashitheap?

Cool mid engined poolude though, very different idea I personally wouldn't run the intercooler there if you're using it on gravel.
    boys boys who gives a rats just enjoy what u have .. always going be something faster.
    who cares blah blah

like in the add on tv... oh seen two gns parked togther at local pak n save choice

Young guy pained his up looked great black pipes .had good chat .

I got honda intergra engine tired whouldint pull skin of rice pudding

L love it though cause gets family from a & to b nephew got prelude.

Keeps saying need a vtech it blah blah hehe

Bike
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 328FTW View Post
    I've bench balanced then dynamic balanced the carbs. I have no idea why the carbs are being so much trouble. I'm so good at pulling these motors in and out now I can do it in about 30 minutes flat if that. I've flushed and blown the carbs out a few times now, I even had some leaks so cut my own gaskets carefully and got the floats to stop pissing out the overflow.

But I get on it and its flat, also oil leaks to africa cause the seals are hardened in the cam covers and oil filter spin on housing thing. The plugs are new and my next task will be to change the coils for newer ones, insulate and make sure the leads are working fine, blow all the oil and crap away from the sparkplug boot area after fixing the oil leaks and hopefully have the carbs soaking in some wicked evil cleaner while I do all this. The compression on the new motor is 230psi both banks, it starts easy. I dislike having a bike that is this much work though.

Also my gearshift is backwards on the new motor, up is down a gear, down is up a gear. I've completely no idea how that even happens.
    I have 4 covers seals use silcon rtv black once cleaned oil off let me know about the seals

sending you cam after 10am tommrow giving blood at donor place be going over year and half

count dracula strikes again maybe helped few bikers consider it its not biggie

They need plasma donors bad not everone can do it i can but am on happy pills so no go.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    This seems like an overly elaborate way to make me fabricate something that shouldn't exist. Apparently the MC08 had these. I'll have to make a new linkage and pivot now to -_-
    Just ride it race pattern. You'll get used to it quicker than you'd think.

Some of my bikes are normal shift, some aren't. You'll stop thinking about it in no time.

Bike
    Blog Entries

Smile

Just ride it race pattern. You'll get used to it quicker than you'd think.

Some of my bikes are normal shift, some aren't. You'll stop thinking about it in no time.
    Yes not biggie though did forget on old cg loaner once what racket went from 3rd to second .

yep linkage looks fimilar havent looked at in 2 years its in with old bits all over the garage.

Bike
    2001 RF400RV
    People actually run the shifter backwards?......

Learned something today at least lol. Maybe I should put the carbs on backwards, probably work better than it does now.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    People actually run the shifter backwards?......
    Yip, most racers do it for faster upshifting on the fly. Some people can't wrap there head around swapping back and fourth, so they just change all their bikes to one or the other.

Learned something today at least lol. Maybe I should put the carbs on backwards, probably work better than it does now.
    Hahahahahaha, have you got an airbox on the carbs? CV carbs will have a fit without one.

Bike
    2001 RF400RV
    Yip, most racers do it for faster upshifting on the fly. Some people can't wrap there head around swapping back and fourth, so they just change all their bikes to one or the other.

Hahahahahaha, have you got an airbox on the carbs? CV carbs will have a fit without one.
    No box but I'm probably leaving it off until it stops playing up or I'm just removing every 5 seconds. One cylinder is dying at the slightest throttle, without the box it runs shit up top but at least you can twist it open and get a response, this is just dropping a cylinder completely every time. I'll have to figure out which cylinder this weekend and just work on that carb for a start.

I was going to try look at it tonight but the GN snapped a clutch cable then decided to have some kinda fit after I put gas in it. I think there is water or something in the fuel I bought. Was backfiring like crazy. The whole breaking everything at once thing is getting old.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    You need box bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    2001 RF400RV
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    You need box bro.

The box doesn't make a difference, cept to make me spend an extra 3 minutes swearing at it trying to remove it. The SLIGHTEST throttle touch is making one cylinder go haywire. It's nothing to do with the box, I had the box on and it's the same shit all over. I don't want the aggravation of that chunky POS being in my way everytime I try to do something.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Say box some more!!

My Spada was a cunt of a thing without a box on it, and even jetted to suit, it lost power. But that's okay because box is good and I loves box.
    Box.

Not saying it's your issue. Just want to keep typing box. Because I'm a grown up
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    2001 RF400RV

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    I thought he meant one of these.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SpeightsBox_24pack_2048.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	140.4 KB 
ID:	285364
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Thread Information