Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is lucky enough to ride or share bike chats with their dad or mum?

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    My dad has killed my inheritance and bought a new 955i Daytona every 5 years since they came out
    Before then he had a couple of XS850's for a few year and a 3TA that never got reassembled.

I am in the same boat he was in many moons ago - sold the crap around me so more money for family / cover debt. Selling my bikes has got a lot of respect with the old man which I was surprised with.

Best times with him was when I just had my dream bike all tuned up ready to go (FZ1) and he followed me for a ride (round coro) where for the first time I could put the pressure on his Daytona. Smile on his face said it all at the Thames cafe after - only thing he said was "Be careful out there.....watch out for the cops"

When he retires I think I will get another bike and will set aside some time to go for blats with him. Perhaps a couple of trail bikes even.

His dad (aka my grandad) had a BSA, but died young due to Brain Tumor. My Great Grandmother (previously mentioned Grandad's mother) had a Harley to get around on in early 1900's.

I have a deal with my wife that I won't pressure my son to learn to ride. But if he asks I will assist, but not make it easy for him. Something satisfying about riding your own hard earned dunger. My nephew had stuff handed to him - and he has no respect for it.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    Talking to your parents, Id rather poke sticks in my eyes.
    As would I. For a motor mechanic, my old man had no interest whatsoever in any form of motor fun.

Had to learn how to get my own kicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by avgas View Post
    My dad has killed my inheritance and bought a new 955i Daytona
    The old man has "riding the kids inheritance" on his number plates. Bit disappointed he did not achieve more really.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Trumpy Striple :p
    My first bike, and my dad's first real bike co-incided about 16 years ago. He bought an '86 FLHT Electraglide harley (had a bike licence in England but only rode scooters) and my 250 Virago turned up on the driveway about a week later. Neither knew the other had gone and bought one and I was spared the "bikes are dangerous" spiels.

We had some fun rides together but he stopped riding shortly after I had an off. I finally got back on and upgraded, but he sold and probably won't ride again. Enjoy the good times and the enthusiasts in your life while you have them

Bike
    Yamaha XJR1300
    Despite being a biker chick my mother flat out refused to let me get a bike in my younger days. So I would steal away on the old man's Bandit when she wasn't looking.

Then mum snuffed herself and I bought a bike a few weeks later Ding dong!

So my old man was thrilled because we quickly became riding buddies.
    Then father re-marries and the new squeeze has him sell his bike pronto!

Just like that, no more riding buddy. He still eyes up my Yammy with hunger in his peepers to this day though!

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Limb View Post

Just like that, no more riding buddy.
    Damned shame. The things people do for lurve, on the one hand, hubby has to stay safe, on the the other, gotta keep the spouse happy.

What a conundrum.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Damned shame. The things people do for lurve, on the one hand, hubby has to stay safe, on the the other, gotta keep the spouse happy.

What a conundrum.
    Other fish in the sea.

Bike
    Yamaha XJR1300
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    Other fish in the sea.
    That's what I bloody said!
    That Z1000 was a friggin' peach. He sold it and bought his missus a camper bus instead! What a crock of shit.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    That's what I bloody said!
    That Z1000 was a friggin' peach. He sold it and bought his missus a camper bus instead! What a crock of shit.

From enjoying the road, to blocking the road :banghead:

Bike
    2009 yamaha virago star
    [QUOTE=Phantom Limb;1130572087]

yep step mummys are a pain in the arse....my sister and I married stepbrothers so we share the evil lady, but the sons are great....the stepmother has managed to bleed the family funds for her gain..sadly

Bike
    Ducatis,Ktms
    My son! haha One of the few pursuits he can't catch me in yet !

Bike
    1987 Suzuki GN250
    I'm not lucky enough to ride with my parents :/ Mum has a full motorbike license. She only ever rode a 50cc scooter, but she got it before 1987 which was the year graduated licensing was brought in, so if she wanted, all she'd need to do would be to sit a basic handling skills course and she'd be able to ride whatever size bike she wanted to. She won't though, and says she'll never ride again. She even did her best to stop me from riding. My dad's taken my bike out a couple of times, and I've offered to pass it on to him after I get my 'full license bike', but he says he doesn't want another bike either.
    "If you think you can do it, or think you can't do it, you're right." - Henry T Ford

Bike
    1987 Suzuki GN250

In all honesty... I hear this story too often. We have another one of these ladies in the family... she is my mother, and as much as I love her, she does not love my bike, and has actually said she believes riding it is going to result in me ending up in a rest home early. It's a matter of recognising that you are an adult and capable of making your own decisions on matters that affect you and only you, and not letting others run your life for you.
    "If you think you can do it, or think you can't do it, you're right." - Henry T Ford

Bike
    2006 Kawasaki ER500
    My son at 16 got his bike and car licence, the bike so he could ride to a job. Well, the job hasn't happened yet but he has developed an enjoyment of riding that I am going to have to curb come summer when it's my turn! Then we'll see how long it takes to get a job for his own bike!
    Neither of my parents rode.

Bike
    2012 Triumph Rocket III Touring
    Dad rides an M50 as well, we've done the several awesome rides together.

My wife has bought a bike and my daughter is keen for one too.

I'm all for it.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

Thread Information