Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2k idle?

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Wow, what a brilliant website!
    It sometimes pays to know what your mixing with what. I hate loosing my eyebrows.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    It sometimes pays to know what your mixing with what. I hate loosing my eyebrows.
    Stop using the gas axe, (Mexican speed wrench), to light your bloody roaches then!

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Stop using the gas axe, (Mexican speed wrench), to light your bloody roaches then!
    Got no bling AGAIN sorry......Heres an IOU.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    Bro check the throttle cables up in the starter switch housing. On my fzr1000 some times they jam up a little bit and cause it to run a little high at idle and the throttle becomes a little slow to snap shut. On the 87 there is a hole on the left side of the frame where you put the screwdriver in to adjust the main idle speed screw. If it aint, then its the big fuck off philips head the runs off the rubber cable from the centre of the carbs. Turn it out 1/2 a turn and see if it makes a difference.

Are your needles standard OEM or dynojet?

Bike
    the mighty fzr and gsxr
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reibz View Post
    Bro check the throttle cables up in the starter switch housing. On my fzr1000 some times they jam up a little bit and cause it to run a little high at idle and the throttle becomes a little slow to snap shut. On the 87 there is a hole on the left side of the frame where you put the screwdriver in to adjust the main idle speed screw. If it aint, then its the big fuck off philips head the runs off the rubber cable from the centre of the carbs. Turn it out 1/2 a turn and see if it makes a difference.

Are your needles standard OEM or dynojet?
    Not the switch housing as ive checked and theres plenty of play and the cable is returning right in with slack at the carbs and the idle screw is wound right off.

Standard jets I assume.
    winding up stucky since ages ago

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi cowboy View Post
    Not the switch housing as ive checked and theres plenty of play and the cable is returning right in with slack at the carbs and the idle screw is wound right off.

Standard jets I assume.
    Wait. The idle adjusted screw is backed right off from the throttle cable wheel thingie?

One carb is adjusted too far closed. It shuts completely and doesn't run at all, bit the others are all still open.

Easy as bro. The little screws by the spring I thought was misplaced adjusts all this.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    Ouch. Hope you get it sorted bro. Thats all I can really think of. I have spare springs, jets and needles for these carbs if you need them!

Bike
    the mighty fzr and gsxr
    Wait. The idle adjusted screw is backed right off from the throttle cable wheel thingie?

One carb is adjusted too far closed. It shuts completely and doesn't run at all, bit the others are all still open.

Easy as bro. The little screws by the spring I thought was misplaced adjusts all this.
    Yup but which one I suppose I can do a trial and just start it up and turn one then back to where it started from then try another until I strike it lucky.

Going out to the garage now to play so wish me luck.

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Yup but which one I suppose I can do a trial and just start it up and turn one then back to where it started from then try another until I strike it lucky.

Good luck, and If that dont work,I will come and steal it for you so you can get the insurance.

Bike
    the mighty fzr and gsxr
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reibz View Post
    Ouch. Hope you get it sorted bro. Thats all I can really think of. I have spare springs, jets and needles for these carbs if you need them!
    Any of the springs look like this?.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2273.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	284829

Bike
    Exxon Valdez

It's an outside one I would think.

Bike
    the mighty fzr and gsxr
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    Good luck, and If that dont work,I will come and steal it for you so you can get the insurance.
    your a good bugger aint yamy address is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>....................see ya about 2 oclock

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    your a good bugger aint yamy address is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>....................see ya about 2 oclock
    Tis ok, I know where you live.

Bike
    the mighty fzr and gsxr
    It's an outside one I would think.
    Yer thinking about it I recon it might be number 4 cos the od time when it starts on chock its rough and that's the number doesn't warm as quick.
    now if everone would stop typing so I can go out to the cold garage instead of giving me an excuse to stay by the fire being polite and replying to everyone I might actually find out

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Yer thinking about it I recon it might be number 4 cos the od time when it starts on chock its rough and that's the number doesn't warm as quick.
    now if everone would stop typing so I can go out to the cold garage instead of giving me an excuse to stay by the fire being polite and replying to everyone I might actually find out
    I have been trying that all day, although I did manage to do the water pump on a telstar somehow too.

Thread Information