Page 2 of 363 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking of getting vaccinated?

Bike
    Zooks 85 GS1100G and 84 GSX1100E
    Quote Originally Posted by noobi View Post
    I surely hope you're not referring to Andrew Wakefield and the claims he made that linked the MMR vaccine with Autism?

As pretty much everything he said on the topic was proved to be false and completely made up. His results were discredited and he had his licenses revoked and, I think charged with fraud.

As for having never had a vaccine and not getting the disease that the vaccine protects against. Read up on herd immunity.
    Geeze. Read into it what you want. As I said, Think about it (i.e do some investigation into the need for and performance of any vaccines you are pointed to) because there is some very real evidence that it isn't always the best or even a necessary choice (i.e don't be a sheep). I never said "don't take vaccines".

FFS, some of you people need some serious education in language comprehension. Perhaps I should have started with that link.
    Political correctness: a doctrine which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd from the clean end.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by scissorhands View Post
    Hereditary/genetic disorders can be made worse.

Many children are given so many shots in such a short space of time, whilst young, that genetically compromised/different than normal immune systems cannot cope

The internet is full of stories of woe from parents of children who were never the same after a vaccination

An elderly friend of my mums died shortly after the illness that was triggered by his vaccinations he received as he was travelling to India. He never made the journey

Certain genotypes are more susceptible to vaccine injury.

Poor immunity in children may also result in harm
    All doubtful or unquantified risks arguing against immunisation. They definitely should factor in a decision whether to vaccinate or not, but compared to the reduction in risk most vaccines represent they come nowhere near representing a valid argument.

And if the reason to vaccinate is to eliminate a particular threat then widespread refusal defeats the purpose. Smallpox is the only one we've nailed, which is a pretty poor record given the resources that could be applied and the consequences of allowing our parasitic baggage to survive.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Natural immune boosting/lifestyle should be the priority.
    No, making the pathogens extinct should be the priority.

Bike
    Zooks 85 GS1100G and 84 GSX1100E
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    All doubtful or unquantified risks arguing against immunisation. They definitely should factor in a decision whether to vaccinate or not, but compared to the reduction in risk most vaccines represent they come nowhere near representing a valid argument.

And if the reason to vaccinate is to eliminate a particular threat then widespread refusal defeats the purpose. Smallpox is the only one we've nailed, which is a pretty poor record given the resources that could be applied and the consequences of allowing our parasitic baggage to survive.
    Are we talking about the bugs or people who don't take the vaccines?
    Political correctness: a doctrine which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd from the clean end.

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingcrocodile46 View Post
    Think about it very carefully.
    I hope you and your unvaccinated brethren are not smitten by Smallpox, a disease completely eradicated by vaccination.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    I never said "don't take vaccines".
    That's true, apologies for any unintended collateral damage.

It's important to recognise, though that every mother's decision to vaccinate or not, no matter how well researched is less well qualified than almost any medical professional's. And there's a great deal of poorly informed bullshit wherever they look, which helps not at all.

Bike
    some honda bits in a kx chassis
    Andrew Wakefeilds being discredited only mean he was discredited.

Its all very political....

Natural immune boosting/lifestyle should be the priority.
    His findings could never be replicated, and in the science community, that means it is nothing more than a cool story at best.
    No legitimate research into the possible link ever concluded the same as Wakefield's paper.

From the co authors of the paper
    "We wish to make it clear that in this paper no causal link was established between (the) vaccine and autism, as the data were insufficient. However the possibility of such a link was raised, and consequent events have had major implications for public health. In view of this, we consider now is the appropriate time that we should together formally retract the interpretation placed upon these findings in the paper, according to precedent."

He made something up, and it was proved to be rubbish, but to this day, people still think that there is a link between autism and the MMR vaccine.

People having adverse affects due to a vaccine is such a small percentage(~0.05% for the HPV vaccine for example), but the stories get blown into the spotlight because of how easy it is to put things up on the internet. No one ever tells stories about how they were perfectly fine after the vaccines and consequently didn't develop polio or measles.
    we may just go where no ones been

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Are we talking about the bugs or people who don't take the vaccines?
    The bugs. Although in fact in terms of how you strategically manage them there's no difference.

Bike
    Trans NZ Broliner
    .... the consequences of allowing our parasitic baggage to survive.
    you mean those who profit from an unhealthy population?

Certain professions would have their income slashed by up to 90% if everyone became healthier.....
    Churches are monuments to self importance

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    I hope you and your unvaccinated brethren are not smitten by Smallpox, a disease completely eradicated by vaccination.
    It would seem that there are those who disagree with you
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Trans NZ Broliner
    No, making the pathogens extinct should be the priority.
    A new one will form.
    Natural immunity building makes more long term sense, as a weak body is vulnerable to many new things that will come, but as yet unknown.

keep making more and more vaccines??

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    you mean those who profit from an unhealthy population?

Certain professions would have their income slashed by up to 90% if everyone became healthier.....
    Yeah, doctors would be completely out of business. And you'll never find a single one of them that wouldn't pull the trigger on polio in a second.

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, doctors would be completely out of business. And you'll never find a single one of them that wouldn't pull the trigger on polio in a second.
    Mr Microsoft Gates already has that in hand reportedly. 97% and counting I think he last reported.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    A new one will form.
    Natural immunity building makes more long term sense, as a weak body is vulnerable to many new things that will come, but as yet unknown.

keep making more and more vaccines??
    Extinct is extinct, dude, they only come back if some pocket of anti-immunisation idiots keep a breeding stock. The only virus that's jumped species in modern history is Ebola, there isn't any form of immunity, natural or otherwise that has a chance of working there, you kill the fucker dead. If another one turns up then you kill that too.

Bike
    Trans NZ Broliner
    Rabies in Australia jumps from bats to peeps and horses... 60min tonight Prime TV

Creatures mutate, you cannot realistically expect to ban them forever.

Nature is opportunistic, reducing opportunities is key.

Maori were in fine health when colonialists arrived
    Same as nearly all ethnic people before colonisation

Strong genes is the answer
    Not gene weakening therapies that make you reliant on [trying to] killing germs and bugs

Vaccination creates reliance on profit focused corporations. Who benefit financially upon sick populations.....

Strong natural immunity is free to all, and how nature was meant to work

Thread Information