Page 4 of 363 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking of getting vaccinated?

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterD View Post
    Yes, but the point is that the small proportion of the population for whom the vaccine is ineffective are protected by the much reduced risk of encountering the infection because of those for whom it works.

That's why people who know what they're talking about get so pissed off with the anti-vaccine types. You're not just endangering yourself or your children, you're compromising the overall effectiveness of the vaccine program and putting others at risk.
    I appreciate the risks etc... but if you are pro-vaccination, then what are you concerned about? You will have been vaccinated and should be fine. That being the case, people who don't have themselves or their children vaccinated will have weighed up that risk. So them getting pissed off is really only bad for their blood pressure.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    '69 Lambretta & SR400
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    I hope you get a superbug. Better, i hope you get one off me. You cant vaccinate against nature.
    People value their lives too highly.
    You can't vaccinate against stupid either, and there's the living, typing, proof.

Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    I appreciate the risks etc... but if you are pro-vaccination, then what are you concerned about? You will have been vaccinated and should be fine.
    Example: The MMR vaccine is about 95% effective on the first dose, what if your child is in that 5% and they catch it from a child who should have been immunised, but wasn't?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lobster View Post
    Only a homo puts an engine back together WITHOUT making it go faster.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Example: The MMR vaccine is about 95% effective on the first dose, what if your child is in that 5% and they catch it from a child who should have been immunised, but wasn't?
    If my child is in that 5% then my child is in that 5%. It's up to the parent. Do you have any figures for the number of children/adults that haven't been immunised for MMR that actually die from one of them? or indeed the number of those who were immunised and contracted one of them. I understand your point, but a child not catching measles/mumps/rubella after being vaccinated does not mean that that child would have gone on to catch M/M/R. Yes it lowers the risks. Meh.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Kids dinner out of the way... are you saying that people should take the chance that a vaccination won't kill/maim their children? It is documented that people die from the vaccination and whilst it may well be 1 in 10,000,000, you may be willing to take that chance, however you must respect the decision of those who choose not to? After all, to vaccinate or not is risky either way.

Bike
    Zooks 85 GS1100G and 84 GSX1100E
    Some dipshit cried about my post being fearmongering.

Fucking tard is completely oblivious to the fact that it is fearmongering for $ on the part of the pharmaceutical companies that is used in their marketing. Moron.

The majority of people who vacinate their kids based on the fearmongering... (instead of evidence of the presence of actively spreading bugs).. well they are just fearful bleating fuckwit sheep that are sucked into believing in problems that don't even exist.

Baaaa Baaaa Baaaa
    Political correctness: a doctrine which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd from the clean end.

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    needle jab
    Fck that, it might hurt!
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    '69 Lambretta & SR400
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    Kids dinner out of the way... are you saying that people should take the chance that a vaccination won't kill/maim their children? It is documented that people die from the vaccination and whilst it may well be 1 in 10,000,000, you may be willing to take that chance, however you must respect the decision of those who choose not to? After all, to vaccinate or not is risky either way.
    The risk of a bad reaction to the vaccine is tiny, much much less than the risk of dying from the disease itself. My problem with the anti-vac crowd is that a) they're not making a rational decision, which offends my inner scientist and b) they're bludging off the increased protection that those of us that do take those tiny risks of vaccinating afford to the rest of the community. I hates bludgers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lobster View Post
    Only a homo puts an engine back together WITHOUT making it go faster.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    The risk of a bad reaction to the vaccine is tiny, much much less than the risk of dying from the disease itself. My problem with the anti-vac crowd is that a) they're not making a rational decision, which offends my inner scientist and b) they're bludging off the increased protection that those of us that do take those tiny risks of vaccinating afford to the rest of the community. I hates bludgers.
    So what's the ratio of deaths caused by X v's maimings caused by X? You mean an individual should get vaccinated as a social service? What about freedom of choice?

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by noobi View Post
    I surely hope you're not referring to Andrew Wakefield and the claims he made that linked the MMR vaccine with Autism?

As pretty much everything he said on the topic was proved to be false and completely made up. His results were discredited and he had his licenses revoked and, I think charged with fraud.

100% correct. A total fraud and shit spinner. The anti immunisation crowd are fucking freaks. Should all live together in a commune far far away from the rest of us.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    100% correct. A total fraud and shit spinner. The anti immunisation crowd are fucking freaks. Should all live together in a commune far far away from the rest of us.
    OR all you vacciney, monetary, capitalist types could fuck off far far away from us healthy folk.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    OR all you vacciney, monetary, capitalist types could fuck off far far away from us healthy folk.
    With ya polio and ya German Measels and ya whooping cough and fuck knows what else. Tui anyone? To think immunisation hasn't changed the world dramatically for the better health wise is retardedness in the extreme. But I'm not surprised you're anti it.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    With ya polio and ya German Measels and ya whooping cough and fuck knows what else. Tui anyone? To think immunisation hasn't changed the world dramatically for the better health wise is retardedness in the extreme. But I'm not surprised you're anti it.
    Aye. If they're true to form a lot of them will be mobile dormitories for tapeworms, tics, fleas, lice, roundworms and scabies, 'cause, y'now, all them antibiotics and shit are dangerous.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Aye. If they're true to form a lot of them will be mobile dormitories for tapeworms, tics, fleas, lice, roundworms and scabies, 'cause, y'now, all them antibiotics and shit are dangerous.
    Correct. Yet they all slag off tree hugging greenies. Well most of 'em. Bet they don't have any pain killers when having teeth drilled/removed, or serious operations either. Can't be having those drugs the drug companies push eh!? Their wifes have never had an epidural or gas when having their vages torn to their assholes...and they sure as fuck never drink alcohol either. Drugs are bad you see.

Bike
    Zooks 85 GS1100G and 84 GSX1100E
    Correct. Yet they all slag off tree hugging greenies. Well most of 'em. Bet they don't have any pain killers when having teeth drilled/removed, or serious operations either. Can't be having those drugs the drug companies push eh!? Their wifes have never had an epidural or gas when having their vages torn to their assholes...and they sure as fuck never drink alcohol either. Drugs are bad you see.
    Well that sure is a narrow radius pipe line you are living in. The tips of your ears will be brown for sure.
    Political correctness: a doctrine which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd from the clean end.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingcrocodile46 View Post
    Well that sure is a narrow radius pipe line you are living in. The tips of your ears will be brown for sure.
    And you're awesome. I'd love to be like you. Read a few things on the interweeeeeb...and all of a sudden be better than trained medical professionals that've been doing it all their lives. Fuck...your awesomeness is making me freak out. And talking of brown tips... Do you actually know anyone badly affected by immunisation? Any families that have been? Ever seen a baby with whooping cough? Ever had any drugs yourself to ease the pain etc? You'll have kidney stones removed without them right? Where do you draw the line with drug companies?

Thread Information