Page 53 of 363 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking of getting vaccinated?

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    The incidence of whooping cough illness is currently rising in young adolescents (12/13-15) which very likely represents a cohort of unvaccinated kids growing up - who, because the amount of herd immunity present in their community when they were babies did not get infected although they were vulnerable then - and also likely respesents the effect of the reduced immunity conferred by the newer vaccine.*

The number of deaths from whooping cough is rising in small babies (under 3 months of age) because the effects of the anti-vaccine surrealists' campaign against vaccination have increased the likelihood of infection circulating - and thereby increasing the risk an infant will contract the illness and die.

* The earlier vaccine was a "whole cell" vaccine i.e. used all parts of the bacteria that causes whooping cough. It was very effective, but it had more side effects, including sore arms, crying, fussiness, anxiety, and occasional seizures... the latter especially not to be taken lightly. So a newer "acellular" vaccine was developed containing fewer antigenic components; it has fewer side effects than the older and works as well as whole cell vaccine in the first years after vaccination: BUT as time went on, immunity starts waning earlier. This would not matter as much if we had very high vaccine coverage as we could eliminate the spread of infection due to herd immunity - as has been done for smallpox and polio (except polio is making a comeback thanks to idiot Muslims in Muslim-majority countries: we're looking at you, Pakistan, Syria, Cameroon... but that's a whole other story - but when we can't get near-complete coverage, decreasing immunity leads to increasing numbers of cases in the non- and partially-immune. Especially as vaccinated people can still be carriers to the uninfected.
    Stop all vaccination and let people who catch whatever it is either live or die. After that, using your logic, the disease will be dead and there'll be no need to vaccinate anyone more and the argument will be over. Far simpler and cheaper in the long term.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    Stop all vaccination and let people who catch whatever it is either live or die. After that, using your logic, the disease will be dead and there'll be no need to vaccinate anyone more and the argument will be over. Far simpler and cheaper in the long term.
    Excellent idea.

And since it's the unvaccinated fuckwits that get to do the dying and are in the meantime far more likely to pass it on to someone else let's have the fuckwits isolated while until they're dead.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Excellent idea.

And since it's the unvaccinated fuckwits that get to do the dying and are in the meantime far more likely to pass it on to someone else let's have the fuckwits isolated while until they're dead.
    See, people who are inoculated can still be carriers and people who have been inoculated can still die from whatever they've been inoculated against. You obviously don't grasp the concept it seems. Dickhead.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of overwhelming bullshit; how about you show us where hooping cough vaccinations are higher than ever before, and a current outbreak is worse now than ever before.
    is your argument that we're not vaccinated more than before? Has there been a previous time when humans have been more vaccinated??

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Using your logic (and it's a stretch to call it that) we will be going back to regular epidemics, a seriously high paediatric dying-off ratio, leper colonies and the like. I hope you're just being sarcastic...

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    is your argument that we're not vaccinated more than before? Has there been a previous time when humans have been more vaccinated??
    Yes, there has been. in the 70s and 80s before the Jenny McCarthy's and their ilk got started.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Using your logic (and it's a stretch to call it that) we will be going back to regular epidemics, a seriously high paediatric dying-off ratio, leper colonies and the like. I hope you're just being sarcastic...
    You're spreading fear in an age that's a far cry from the age/circumstances that you're drawing your comparisons from. Naive at best.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    You're spreading fear in an age that's a far cry from the age/circumstances that you're drawing your comparisons from. Naive at best.
    Not really considering how causal vaccinations were in getting us to this age... In fact the increased travel may well offset increased general hygienic practises; for some transmission vectors anyway.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    I'm not trying to change your point of view. People like you should be left to think what they like. I'm simply stating the (extrapolating) facts that your point of view would lead to.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Not really considering how causal vaccinations were in getting us to this age... In fact the increased travel may well offset increased general hygienic practises; for some transmission vectors anyway.
    Whilst I take your points, Ebola seemed to manage not to get away from dirty dirty Africa. Similarly with SARS, Swine Flu, Bird Flu etc... not really causing epidemics wherever they appeared. I have little doubt that a large part of our social immunity is due to vaccination.

I'm not trying to change your point of view. People like you should be left to think what they like. I'm simply stating the (extrapolating) facts that your point of view would lead to.
    bwaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaa... sorry, I fail to see where I have stated my position, recently? Merely stating that your extrapolation may not be as awesomely dark as you make it sound. So not quite sure how you think you know what my position is, son. Leave people the fuck alone to make up their own minds up.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Leave people the fuck alone to make up their own minds up.
    To be fair, he might have meant your kind lack the requisite equipment to do that
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    To be fair, he might have meant your kind lack the requisite equipment to do that
    Kind of funny given that my family are inoculated... but hey

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    See, people who are inoculated can still be carriers and people who have been inoculated can still die from whatever they've been inoculated against. You obviously don't grasp the concept it seems. Dickhead.
    Oh, I don't grasp the concept eh?

Care to back up those statements with some actual numbers numpty?

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    Why don't you just answer the fucking question?

how about you show us where hooping cough vaccinations are higher than ever before, and a current outbreak is worse now than ever been before.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I don't grasp the concept eh?

Care to back up those statements with some actual numbers numpty?
    Nope... coz you added caveats where none were needed.

What? People who are inoculated don't contract whatever it is that they're inoculated against and die?

Thread Information