Page 255 of 363 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 5433

Thread: Thinking of getting vaccinated?

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Add that to the hilariously small sample size used, and the vested interests of both the group that commissioned the Study and the parties involved in the study - it all starts to smell..
    If by "the group that commissioned the study" you mean the Children's Medical Safety Research Institute (who offered the grant that enabled the study), what exactly are the "vested interests" that they would have?

Heaven forbid that they should have a vested interest in children's medical safety.

And do you actually know anything about the authors of this study, to be able to make a call on their "vested interests"?

Bike
    R6
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    You're right.

The correct reference should have been [13].
    I know, and that is the correct answer to your previous post as well! so what is your take on the validity of article [13]?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    There's no desperation - These are things that are relevant.

If - as you say - it hasn't been properly peer-reviewed yet, then why are we even discussing it? Such a discussion is premature.
    It is an accepted manuscript, it has been through peer review, just no final editing and formatting. Focus on the content, not the container...

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystone View Post
    so what is your take on the validity of article [13]?
    They found that the average reading for aluminium content throughout the samples of the 60 brains they tested was 1.02 micrograms/gram.

My take on the 'validity' of the article is that I assume they knew what they were doing.

Bike
    R6
    They found that the average reading for aluminium content throughout the samples of the 60 brains they tested was 1.02 micrograms/gram.

My take on the 'validity' of the article is that I assume they knew what they were doing.
    The demographic of the donors didn't strike you as being a bit skewed?

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    The demographic of the donors didn't strike you as being a bit skewed?
    Apart from the fact that the brains came from the Medical Research Council Cognaitve Function and Ageing Neuropathology Study brain donor resource, I didn't see any specifics about the demographics of the donors.

Bike
    R6
    Apart from the fact that the brains came from the Medical Research Council Cognaitve Function and Ageing Neuropathology Study brain donor resource, I didn't see any specifics about the demographics of the donors.
    Donors were all over 70 years old.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Donors were all over 70 years old.
    Well I must have missed that bit of information.

But just to clarify things, I'm not a research scientist. I'm just a motorcycle mechanic with a passing interest in the vaccine issue.

Not because I'm ever going to have to make a decision whether to vaccinate my own children or not but rather as a means to express my opinion that anyone calling for mandatory vaccinations can go fuck themselves.

Bike
    R6
    Well I must have missed that bit of information.

But just to clarify things, I'm not a research scientist. I'm just a motorcycle mechanic with a passing interest in the vaccine issue.

Not because I'm ever going to have to make a decision whether to vaccinate my own children but rather as a means to express my opinion that anyone calling for mandatory vaccinations can go fuck themselves.
    I guess you have to decide if your passing interest is biased or not. You don't have to be a research scientist to ask the right questions and make a reasoned opinion on the validity of the underlying science, but you do have to have an open mind; but if you're only here to express your opinion that others can go fuck themselves, clearly you lack the open-mindedness to continue a rational discussion.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    I guess you have to decide if your passing interest is biased or not. You don't have to be a research scientist to ask the right questions and make a reasoned opinion on the validity of the underlying science, but you do have to have an open mind; but if you're only here to express your opinion that others can go fuck themselves, clearly you lack the open-mindedness to continue a rational discussion.
    I can't make out if you're fucking slow or terminally bored.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    ....but if you're only here to express your opinion that others can go fuck themselves, clearly you lack the open-mindedness to continue a rational discussion.
    I'm quite prepared to accept that you may be more conversant with scientific research than I am, but on the other hand, there's always the possibility that you're just a classic example of the person described in the video you posted in the 'Poverty Measure' thread.

Bike
    R6
    I'm quite prepared to accept that you may be more conversant with scientific research than I am, but on the other hand, there's always the possibility that you're just a classic example of the person described in the video you posted in the 'Poverty Measure' thread.
    And just how do you expect to find out if not with rational discourse about the scientific research? Or should I skip ahead and just state my opinion on what the research means so your bias can decide for you?

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    And just how do you expect to find out if not with rational discourse about the scientific research? Or should I skip ahead and just state my opinion on what the research means so your bias can decide for you?
    Dude, go for your life.

You've showed since you started here that all you're after is an argument.

Are you autistic too?

Bike
    R6
    Dude, go for your life.

You've showed since you started here that all you're after is an argument.

Are you autistic too?
    Thus endeth the rational discourse...

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Thus endeth the rational discourse...
    Fair enough, from here on I'll just treat you as the stupid cunt you like to pretend you're not - as per your video.

Stupid cunt.

Bike
    R6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    I can't make out if you're fucking slow or terminally bored.
    Little of column a, little of column b. It's a bit like people watching tbh, interesting to see just how the minds of conspiracy theorists work (or don't, as the case may be)...

Fair enough, from here on I'll just treat you as the stupid cunt you like to pretend you're not - as per your video.

Stupid cunt.
    ...this one took a little longer to boil over than I had thought, I'll chalk it up to the breadcrumbs. Seems like a one use per username thing though, I expect this particular specimen will now read my future posts with such bias that rational discussion will not be possible.

Thread Information