Page 68 of 363 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 5433

Thread: Thinking of getting vaccinated?

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbuoy View Post
    Wow, got to wonder - if this is how worked up you get from a differing opinion on the internet how do you manage real problems in the real world?!
    When you realise that the reason for them getting so worked up is because I challenged their beliefs in their Religion (Conspiracy Theories) with such things as Facts and Logic (which like all faiths, make them uncomfortable) - it starts to make much more sense
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Melb school excludes unvaccinated kids

http://www.msn.com/en-nz/health/medi...cid=spartandhp

As well they orta.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex

Bike
    bandit
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    A Witty Picture

Best.
    Comment.
    Ever.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Best.
    Comment.
    Ever.
    I agree - too funny

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    A simple google search proves this to be a lie.

Even Snopes has it: http://www.snopes.com/medical/drugs/gardasil.asp

…grossly misrepresents what Dr. Harper actually said. Dr. Harper has expressed concerns such as how long protection from vaccines such as Gardasil will last (which is not a safety issue, but rather an issue of whether the expected results of an HPV immunization program will justify the financial costs), and whether the marketing of Gardasil might lead some women to avoid taking other STD-preventing precautions, but she has never said that Gardasil "doesn't work," "wasn't tested," or was "dangerous”...
    How come you (claim to) know such a lot about vaccines, but don't have the brains to check sources?

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post

Even Snopes has it:

How come you (claim to) know such a lot about vaccines, but don't have the brains to check sources?
    Don't you get it? It was on a conspiracy site, it HAS to be true, or they wouldn't post it...
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Even Snopes has it:
    @ Snopes

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    @ Snopes
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gardasil...er-speaks-out/

How about the source..? Nah, the Conspiracy Theorists know better than she does, eh?

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Edbear View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gardasil...er-speaks-out/

How about the source..? Nah, the Conspiracy Theorists know better than she does, eh?
    Did you even read that article?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Did you even read that article?
    Of course I did, days ago on another forum, did you?

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Edbear View Post
    Of course I did, days ago on another forum, did you?
    Were you wasted when you read it?

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries

Proves what to be a lie?

I didn't see that claim in this instance. Perhaps you'd be so kind as to post it up?

Making someone's mind up for them is somewhat considered bad form and putting words in their mouths, well, only a weak minded fool would consider such.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike

Anecdotal reports need to be supported by the scinetific resaerch

"Dr. Harper agrees with Merck and the CDC that Gardasil is safe for most girls and women.

Merck and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention maintain Gardasil is safe and effective, and that adequate warnings are provided, cautioning about soreness at the injection site and risk of fainting after vaccination. A new study in the Journal of the American Medical Association found while the overall risk of side effects appears to be comparable to other vaccines, Gardasil has a higher incidence of blood clots reported. Merck says it continues to have confidence in Gardasil's safety profile. Merck also says it's looking into cases of ALS, commonly known as Lou Gehrig's Disease, reported after vaccination. ALS is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that attacks motor neurons in the brain and spinal cord. Merck and the CDC say there is currently no evidence that Gardasil caused ALS in the cases reported. Merck is also monitoring the number of deaths reported after Gardasil: at least 32. Merck and CDC says it's unclear whether the deaths were related to the vaccine, and that just because patients died after the shots doesn't mean the shots were necessarily to blame.

According to Dr. Harper, assessing the true adverse event risk of Gardasil, and comparing it to the risk of cervical cancer can be tricky and complex. "The number of women who die from cervical cancer in the US every year is small but real. It is small because of the success of the Pap screening program."

She also worries that Merck's aggressive marketing of the vaccine may have given women a false sense of security. "The future expectations women hold because they have received free doses of Gardasil purchased by philanthropic foundations, by public health agencies or covered by insurance is the true threat to cervical cancer in the future. Should women stop Pap screening after vaccination, the cervical cancer rate will actually increase per year. Should women believe this is preventive for all cancers - something never stated, but often inferred by many in the population-- a reduction in all health care will compound our current health crisis. Should Gardasil not be effective for more than 15 years, the most costly public health experiment in cancer control will have failed miserably."

CDC continues to recommend Gardasil for girls and young women. The agency says the vaccine's benefits outweigh its risks and that it is an important tool in fighting a serious cancer." [END QUOTES].

All medications, carry the risk of side effects and should be chosen after qualified consultation by the patient.

In my family history as far back as I can go, nobody has ever had a more serious complication than localised soreness or a brief feeling of sickness. All of my immediate family and whanau have been regularly immunised as per the medical recommendations. No significant side effects beyond what I have said. None of us have ever suffered a serious illness or death, either, by contracting the reason for the vaccine.

I, and my children, will not send the kids to school or Kindy, were they not vaccinated and were exposed to other unvaccinated children.

Your choice, for sure, but I would rather believe the qualified medics and scientists over conspiracy theorists.

Thread Information