Page 359 of 363 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 5433

Thread: Thinking of getting vaccinated?

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    They care about people who don't, because some vulnerable people can't be vaccinated and rely on the wider vaccination immunity of the population as a natural innoculation for their weaker immunity.
    Close, but no, but what widespread vaccination does is it offers fewer potential people to pass on the disease as posible vector hosts to the unvaccinated people it limits slows or at best eliminates the spread this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Is it the protected kids getting the measles? Or is it more the unvaxxed kids getting it,
    In cases yes, the vaccinations generally are not 100% and do not in most cases offer lifetime protection nor are the 100% (nothing is). but the idea of widespread vaccination is to limit the un-vaccinatable ones getting it also.
    The more unvaccinated people the more potential reservoir hosts we have to harbour and spread the disease, we can eliminate diseases or seriously limit their ability to spread when limiting their ability to have people infected and thus be passed on to other susceptible people.

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Got asked at work yesterday if I wanted the normal winter flu vaccination. "Yep, sure" as always.

Then I got to wondering with the border pretty much closed and most of the population being so damned careful, what chance does seaonal flu even have of doing damage this year? Could probably get by without the vaccination this year.

I'll still get it done though.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    Got asked at work yesterday if I wanted the normal winter flu vaccination. "Yep, sure" as always.

Then I got to wondering with the border pretty much closed and most of the population being so damned careful, what chance does seaonal flu even have of doing damage this year? Could probably get by without the vaccination this year.

I'll still get it done though.
    That will be very interesting to see actually - what happens this year with seasonal plagues - could make for several case studies.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    That will be very interesting to see actually - what happens this year with seasonal plagues - could make for several case studies.
    The part that interests me especially is that we'll be able to compare apples with apples in respect of the infection values of seasonal flu vs Covid. Denyers(?) have wailed about Covid having a lower incidence of infection than seasonal flu but the seasonal flu figures they quote are from previous normal years while the Covid are from the current times with the strong controls in place. It'll be interesting to compare seasonal vs Covid rates of infection in the same control environment.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Did vaccines really save the world?

It's a long read, but you should read it. The quotes below give a basic idea of the subject matter, but they are nowhere near the entire context of this fucking good read.

"In plain English: of the total decline in mortality since 1900, that 74% number I keep mentioning, vaccines (and other medical interventions like antibiotics) were responsible for somewhere between 1% and 3.5% of that decline. Said differently, at least 96.5% of the decline (and likely more than that since their numbers included ALL medical interventions, not ONLY vaccines) had nothing to do with vaccines."

"In 1970, Dr. Kass raised the idea that public health officials need to be careful to not give the wrong things credit for the twentieth century’s massive mortality rate decline in the developed world. In 1977, Drs. McKinlay & McKinlay put data around Dr. Kass’ ideas, and showed that vaccines (and other medical interventions) were responsible for between 1-3.5% of the total decline in mortality since 1900. In 2000, CDC scientists reconfirmed all this data, but also provided more insight into the things that actually have led to declines in mortality."

"The study went on to explain the things that actually were responsible for a massive decline in mortality:
    “water treatment, food safety, organized solid waste disposal, and public education about hygienic practices.” Also, “improvements in crowding in US cities” played a major role. Clean water. Safe food. Nutrition. Plumbing. Hygiene. These were the primary reasons mortality declined so precipitously. At least according to the data and published science."

"As McKinlay and McKinlay warned, if the wrong intervention (like vaccines) is singled out as the reason Americans and the rest of the first world experienced such a dramatic decrease in mortality in the 20th century, that misinformation can be abused to do things like:"

... and then a few bullet points of all too familiar unpleasant truths are listed. The warnings and evidence are there that we are, still, being lied to (half-truths are lies were science is supposed to be concerned) and embracing those lies as fact.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxMax View Post
    My opinion is vaccination is essential today. A lot of awful diseases/pandemics were stopped thanks to vaccination. And this one is no exception (I hope). Currently, people are getting boosters. I'm going to get a Pfizer one as according to Canadian pharmacy, this booster is identical to the regular Pfizer vaccine. As I didn't have any side effects except for the arm sore after two shots, I decided that it will be a wise choice. Did you get a booster? If no, are you going to?
    You say it like it’s a choice... once the new electronic pass thingy take some off they will incorporate an update so your original vax expires after say seven-eight months. You WILL then HAVE to get the booster to participate in society. This is for the REST OF YOUR LIFE.
    It’s the bill gates business success model, you don’t own any product or software anymore, you lease a temporary right to use something.
    Taxpayers are footing the bill for this FOREVER....

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    You say it like it’s a choice... once the new electronic pass thingy take some off they will incorporate an update so your original vax expires after say seven-eight months. You WILL then HAVE to get the booster to participate in society. This is for the REST OF YOUR LIFE.
    It’s the bill gates business success model, you don’t own any product or software anymore, you lease a temporary right to use something.
    Where have you been? The "electronic pass thingy" has been available for a week or so. Mine has an expiry date nine months after my last jab. The app that reads the phone is due to be rolled out imminently. Meanwhile business owners will just have to read the screen

The less I have to do with Bill Gates' products the better.

Taxpayers footing the bill for a jab will surely be waaay cheaper than filling the hospitals with COVID patients. Sounds like a bargain.

For a glimpse of the future try Germany's Minister of Health who, as cases rise again said, by spring everybody will be vaccinated, recovered, or dead.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    ... You WILL then HAVE to get the booster to participate in society. This is for the REST OF YOUR LIFE.
    We're all (supposedly) Motorcyclists ... We're not expected to live long anyway ...

Be sure to vote for change in the next election ... if you don't like the way the Government is doing "Stuff" now ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/flu-vs-covid19.htm
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Where have you been? The "electronic pass thingy" has been available for a week or so. Mine has an expiry date nine months after my last jab. The app that reads the phone is due to be rolled out imminently. Meanwhile business owners will just have to read the screen

Taxpayers footing the bill for a jab will surely be waaay cheaper than filling the hospitals with COVID patients. Sounds like a bargain.

For a glimpse of the future try Germany's Minister of Health who, as cases rise again said, by spring everybody will be vaccinated, recovered, or dead.
    R650R has no medical or scientific training yet claims to know better tnan doctors or scientists. It also seems he has no ability not to read peer reviewed material he seems to prefer information gleaned from fringe conspiracy websites which he holds to being 1000% correct.
    Its either that or he is a troll trying to compensate for his lack of success and tiny pecker. I say both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    We're all (supposedly) Motorcyclists ... We're not expected to live long anyway ...

Be sure to vote for change in the next election ... if you don't like the way the Government is doing "Stuff" now ...

if you don't like the way the Government is doing "Stuff" now, you're sure not going to like it if National gets in with Act wagging the dog.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    if you don't like the way the Government is doing "Stuff" now, you're sure not going to like it if National gets in with Act wagging the dog.
    Prime Minister Rimmer (sorry David) and his merry band of lunatics together with whatever has beens, never beens and also-rans the neshnuls can cobble together? LOLZ good luck with that.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

Sadly your out of luck. Several years prior to season one of Covid (Tm) (C) bill suddenly got out of the computer game and announced vaccines are the future for him....

Yes in short term maybe but the psychosis of fear engendered in public means it will never end so even once it seems gone no politician will want to say hey we don’t need it anymore.
    By then Jacinda will be CEO at Pfizel pacific and needingbto return profits to shareholders

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post

Won’t that be interesting...

Thread Information