Page 220 of 363 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 5433

Thread: Thinking of getting vaccinated?

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Yeah it seems tough, but apparently some people are too thick to make a sensible for their own kids - or anybody else's.

If there are diseases around that affect pets you can't put your pet in a cattery or whatever without proof it has been immunised. Make it the same for school kids, they need to present a certificate or they can't attend. If they don't attend, prosecute the parents for the kids not attending school.

These turkeys are lucky I'm not a politician.
    Pretty sure when someone’s religious beliefs (which should include conspiracy theories and paranoia) are endangering someone else’s life they can be compelled to accept medical treatment through the court system.
    Much like sectioning someone.

Katman might have some right to preach against vaccination of children, but its sounds awfully contrite and hypocritical when you consider he has been vaccinated and has no children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    a Blue one
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Pretty sure when someone’s religious beliefs (which should include conspiracy theories and paranoia) are endangering someone else’s life they can be compelled to accept medical treatment through the court system.
    Much like sectioning someone.

Katman might have some right to preach against vaccination of children, but its sounds awfully contrite and hypocritical when you consider he has been vaccinated and has no children.
    No nutcase can tell me not to vaccinate my children and no one can tell me what religion to believe in least of all some weirdo in Taupo

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
    No nutcase can tell me not to vaccinate my children and no one can tell me what religion to believe in least of all some weirdo in Taupo
    I don't believe anyone is trying to dictate that you vaccinate your children. In fact, I have said on a number of occasions that I couldn't give a fuck how many people choose to receive vaccinations.

My problem is with the fucking Nazis who feel they have the right to dictate that other people must vaccinate their children.

Clear now?

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    My problem is with the fucking Nazis
    A Holocaust Denier, who regularly spews anti-semetic tripe, calling others Nazis....
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Exercycle
    I don't believe anyone is trying to dictate that you vaccinate your children. In fact, I have said on a number of occasions that I couldn't give a fuck how many people choose to receive vaccinations.

My problem is with the fucking Nazis who feel they have the right to dictate that other people must vaccinate their children.

Clear now?
    If you had children would you let them mix with non vaccinated children if the odds were high that they would get ill ?

Would you then take the next step and vote for a party who would make vaccination compulsory ?

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    If you had children would you let them mix with non vaccinated children if the odds were high that they would get ill ?

Would you then take the next step and vote for a party who would make vaccination compulsory ?
    What high odds, Chicken Little? Next you'll be doing an RDJ on us and inventing mortalities to try to support your argument.

In the event of an actual measles outbreak I would be expecting those with measles to be isolated and during that time I would restrict the contact that my child had with other children. That's called managing actual risk rather than imagined risk.

To the second question - absolutely not. I'm surprised you felt the need to ask.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    In the event of an actual measles outbreak I would be expecting those with measles to be isolated and during that time I would restrict the contact that my child had with other children. That's called managing actual risk rather than imagined risk.
    Cause a virus is only contagious after symptoms develop.....

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Cause a virus is only contagious after symptoms develop.....
    Isolation is a perfectly valid means of containing the outbreak of a disease.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Isolation is a perfectly valid means of containing the outbreak of a disease.
    Then how do outbreaks happen?

Isolation is only valid AFTER an outbreak has been identified. To try and use language that you understand:

Motorcycle safety gear is no replacement for hazard awareness - Full leathers and a helmet are only helpful after the crash has initiated, yes? You are always very quick (and accurately so, mind) to point out that many motorcycle accidents are caused by people riding without appropriate levels of Hazard awareness, that would have prevented the accident from occurring in the first place.

So to it is with Vaccination (the prevention, analogous to Hazard awareness and pro-active riding) and Isolation (the post-hoc attempt to reduce the effect, analogous to wearing correct riding Gear).

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Then how do outbreaks happen?

Isolation is only valid AFTER an outbreak has been identified.
    And as I have repeatedly said, you're welcome to vaccinate yourself to your heart's content.

And I certainly would never stand in your way of inflicting as many vaccinations as you like on your own children.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    And as I have repeatedly said, you're welcome to vaccinate yourself to your heart's content.

And I certainly would never stand in your way of inflicting as many vaccinations as you like on your own children.
    Okay - now lets extend the Motorcycling metaphor - do you then condone people driving/riding with zero hazard awareness:

To the point that it is a potential danger to other motorists and pedestrians

This is the point - even people who have been vaccinated can contract the virus, if exposed to a suitably high dose (such as coming into contact with someone who is unvaccinated and carrying the pathogen) who would not contract the virus otherwise.

The only solution then is full isolation - where those who don't wish to be vaccinated are removed from society, places on an island with no interaction with the rest of us.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    This is the point - even people who have been vaccinated can contract the virus, if exposed to a suitably high dose (such as coming into contact with someone who is unvaccinated and carrying the pathogen) who would not contract the virus otherwise.
    So remind me, what's the point of the vaccination again?

And if you really want to follow your fucked up analogy through to it's logical conclusion, I can ask that people exercise a high degree of hazard awareness but I don't actually have the right (or even the ability) to mandate it.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    So remind me, what's the point of the vaccination again?
    To provide enough resilience against the pathogen that in normal day-to-day human interaction that you don't get infected and in the case of an outbreak, not to be a carrier and spread the disease.

Do try to keep up.

And if you really want to follow your fucked up analogy through to it's logical conclusion, I can ask that people exercise a high degree of hazard awareness but I don't actually have the right (or even the ability) to demand it.
    Don't you? What about those Red and Blue flashing lights?

Sounds like the Government enforcing certain standards to me....

So yes - let's follow it through to it's conclusion - We enforce the use of Seatbelts, We enforce the use of Helmets. So too should we enforce the use of Vaccinations.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Don't you? What about those Red and Blue flashing lights?

Sounds like the Government enforcing certain standards to me....

So yes - let's follow it through to it's conclusion - We enforce the use of Seatbelts, We enforce the use of Helmets. So too should we enforce the use of Vaccinations.
    So how exactly do you suggest that we would mandate people using a high degree of hazard awareness?

How would you enforce it?

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    So how exactly do you suggest that we would mandate people using a high degree of hazard awareness?

How would you enforce it?
    If only we had some form of existing law, were Drivers could be charged and convicted, if they didn't drive with due care and Attention...

However, I should pre-empt your inevitable point (since I actually agree with it) that the standard currently is woefully low.

Thread Information