Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ag100 mods?

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    This is my AG175 before the firm stole it and painted it hot pink, I have not re painted it yet, but it is in the back of the shed waiting. It has been on some awesome trips. The other one is my brothers 185 mudbug.
    cool bikes unstuck..take you anywhere!
    btw..what area are you riding in that pic?
    southland? otago?
    'the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    2007 GSXR 1000
    Like everyone has said already there are ways of making your AG faster. But most are unlikely to be worth it.
    The usual performance mods for 2 stroke bikes usually include:
    porting and polishing along with port matching the cylinder to the crankcase
    better expansion chamber
    bigger carb
    modified or aftermarket reeds
    higher compression
    improved ignition
    Improved powervalves (Although im not sure AG's actually have them)

The majority of those would easily start costing you more than an older MX bike.

Something free you could possibly do is if you have access to an oxy acetylene welder is to take off the pipe and burn out all the old carbon.

Best bet would be to ride the crap out of it till you can afford something better. You can still have plenty of fun at an MX track on an AG. One of my mates used to take the old farm bike up to trail rides and had no issues keeping up.

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Quote Originally Posted by fridayflash View Post
    cool bikes unstuck..take you anywhere!
    btw..what area are you riding in that pic?
    southland? otago?
    Tis in southland. One of my favorite areas, because not many people know about it and it has some really awesome knarly tracks. It is in the eyer mountains and the hill the pic was taken on is called west dome., You can see the whole area quite well from the road between Mossburn and Te-anau, but looks inaccessible from down there.
    Those old bikes have ridden some real interesting places in the last 15yrs and have even had a chopper ride on the west coast, but thats a whole new world of insanity.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    i must confess ive never been down south at all, so overdue to do a road ride down there..or more likely
    road and gravel. but the back country trailriding is what interests me most!
    how long you been in gore? ive got cuzzies there. Karena is the the sir name, they mostly work at the
    mataura works i think
    'the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Quote Originally Posted by fridayflash View Post
    i must confess ive never been down south at all, so overdue to do a road ride down there..or more likely
    road and gravel. but the back country trailriding is what interests me most!
    how long you been in gore? ive got cuzzies there. Karena is the the sir name, they mostly work at the
    mataura works i think
    20 yrs I think this year, I only know one Karena, Marty. Some awesome riding down here, just been out today in the pebbly hills forest which is about 25-30 mins away. Awesome riding day, wet but drying tracks and bright sunshine.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Thread Information