Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ag100 mods?

Bike
    yamaha,ag100

Ag100 mods?

A while i back i brought an old ag100 of a mate to try get started into motocross as dad wasnt to keen to put in some money to get something decent. I picked it up for $150 and staright away put on a new chunky tyre on the back. Being the 15 year old boy i am i have taken it to the local motocross track with my mates and gave it a crack. Good fun. (I have all the gear). I know the basics of automotive mechanics and have a toolkit etc. I have acsess to many people that know plenty about motorbikes and stuff. So what are some cheap engine mods I could do to make this old 2 banger go a bit harder? PS What is the story with ag100 clutches i was playing with mine the other day and it wasn't like any clutch ive ever seen or heard of.

Thanks

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    AG 175 motor would be the best mod. Other than that it would be pointless spending the money on mods. IMO.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    For that price go nuts lol. Take off anything unnecessary like the headlight etc. If you have loads of tine and want to gain 0.5hp take off the carby and polish the shit out of the intake. Do the same with the header. Look at the air filter as well. More air into the engine=more power. If you can cut a hole in the airbox to let in more air (but not more mud). Or is there room to fit a bigger filter?

In the end you have got a tuned down 100cc ag bike so don't expect it to be within comparable speed with an 85cc 2stroke mx bike.

I recommend sitting on the redline everywhere and change the oil every few rides

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by agman View Post
    PS What is the story with ag100 clutches i was playing with mine the other day and it wasn't like any clutch ive ever seen or heard of.

Thanks
    In what way? It's a multi plate, wet clutch. Same as a huge percentage of motorbikes from anywhere in the world...Except Germany and Italy, those cunts are fucked in the head.

Bike
    Suzuki RG400 Yamaha ST125 Yamaha TDR250
    Blog Entries
    this is what i do with my AG

thats what they are for(the rabbit on the haybale had it coming)

NOT MOTOCROSS

sacriledge

"more than two strokes is masturbation"
    www.motoparts-online.com

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by gammaguy View Post
    this is what i do with my AG

thats what they are for(the rabbit on the haybale had it coming)

NOT MOTOCROSS

sacriledge
    Dude, does it do sick as wheelies with the ballast?

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Thats a pretty tidy AG there Gamma, what year. Mines a 79, but its hot pink.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by gammaguy View Post

NOT MOTOCROSS

sacrilege
    I first had a go around an mx track on a 49cc scooter. Loved it. Got shit all air (read: none). But I still had a blast. It's not what you ride that matters, it's that you ride.

Bike
    Several
    Bigger Carb, Better porting, Better pipe, more compression.

Easy said, not so easy done.

Start by reading this book: http://books.google.co.nz/books/abou...8C&redir_esc=y

It's a bit old tech now but a good primer for the basics.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    yamaha,ag100
    Whatta ya mean polish the intake? I guess by header you mean the inside of the header pipe. How could i raise the compression? also what size carb would i go up to?

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by agman View Post
    Whatta ya mean polish the intake? I guess by header you mean the inside of the header pipe. How could i raise the compression? also what size carb would i go up to?
    Get out the sandpaper and polish where the gogo juice and air goes in. And where the smoke comes out of the head.

Raising compression can be done with a thinner head gasket, taller piston or change the cam to increase the stroke. It's an easy job to fuck up if you're clueless and the easiest way would be to take out the gasket, use liquid gasket (as thin as you dare) and put the head back on. If you do it right the compression might be slightly higher and you won't blow the head gasket. It's only a 100 so surely it's not too much pressure on it?

Bike
    XT660R / TTR250 / 2 old Montesa's
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    change the cam to increase the stroke.
    Mate I really think you need to stop posting in these type of threads...

PS...... AG100 is a 2 stroke...yer can tell by the fat exhaust pipe....
    Pete

90% of all Harleys built are still on the road... The other 10% made it back home...
    Ducati... Makeing riders into mechaincs since 1964...

Bike
    yamaha,ag100
    Lol yeah... I was thinking that the timing may be out slightly. Ive dont the timing on cars before but i wouldnt understand how to do it on a bike specially a 2 stroke. If i was able to deal with the timing could i put a bit of lead on it and run 98 octane and a bit less oil? (It is an auto mixer but the oil tank is leaking so i mix straight into the tank)

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-blen View Post
    Mate I really think you need to stop posting in these type of threads...

PS...... AG100 is a 2 stroke...yer can tell by the fat exhaust pipe....
    Sorry I was being general saying how compression can be raised on engines. I wasn't suggesting he change the cam on his $150 bike. I know it's a 2stroke.

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    perf mods to an ag hundy eh? hmmm... as unstuck said put a bugger motor in it lol
    seriously as said above you could ploish the ports but that'll do feck all by itself
    pull out the reed cage and open the stopper plates a bit might do a lillte also
    but id leave the carb and airbox close to stock or youll get the dreaded
    ag100 stutter (it sounds like a sheep0!
    i had plenty of ht90's and ag100's growing up as they were the cheapest offroad
    dunger available, would like another one..
    go the yamaha grasshopper!!!!!!!!!
    'the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Thread Information