Thread: Ride for Refuge - Saturday, August 10th, 2013 - The Square, Palmerston North

Bike
    1990, Suzuki RG150

Ride for Refuge - Saturday, August 10th, 2013 - The Square, Palmerston North

All Riders invited and encouraged to join us on our first Ride for Refuge.

Starts 9am on the 10th of August at the Palmerston North Square; we will be leaving for Levin at 10am, from there to Fielding at noon, through to Dannevirke (the Hub) at 2pm and on to the Rose and Crown, Palmerston North at 4pm.

An opportunity for a good ride while supporting a worthwhile cause.

Woman's Refuge will collect house-hold items on the day and there will be prizes, raffles and refreshments on offer.

Cost is just $20 with all proceeds going to Woman's Refuge.

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    So an 'anti -man', Women's 'group'
    Wants dirty, sleazy, leather clad MEN on motorcycles to supply money for them?

Oxymoron or what?
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    So an 'anti -man', Women's 'group'
    Wants dirty, sleazy, leather clad MEN on motorcycles to supply money for them?

Oxymoron or what?
    ouch!

...Ya know the Woman's Refuge also provide support to Men who need it aye GW
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/5981...male-offenders

hold on a sec!!

"The refuge's new service, which could also offer the opportunity for self-referral, would give men a chance to take personal responsibility for their behaviour. Access to violence education and support services would be provided"

DA FAQ!!

"We want to create an environment that, first and foremost, encourages men to make that decision to change themselves"

...unfucken real!
    ...so basically, the "support" they offer is : if the man admits thats its all his fault and he's the problem...he's then welcome to there "support" (And what if the man is the one being beaten?...does he still get treated like the "problem"?)

Fuck that! ...Im wiv you Grey Wolf

...they can take there skewed view on equality....and SHOVE IT!

Ride for them?...I wouldn't even give way for them! (Cos I fucking HATE sexists, racists and general turds!)

ps...Im all for protecting and assisting people from the effects of family violence etc...but please note how I use the word PEOPLE!.

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Thread Information