Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wheelie advice for noob

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    ive been a wheelie addict since childhood, when street prowess was measured in how many lampost lengths you could wheelstand
    old banana bikes were the best, early ten speeds with the bars turned up were pretty slick too hehe
    as for motorbikes im not great at it...long-ish wheelies offroad and modestly staunch looking powerstands on roadbikes
    are about my limit, ive always envied those that could get a bike up to balance and stay there 'til they run outa juice
    dirtbikes are best/easiest to learn on..but the older twinshock are bestest of the all as they dont pogo around
    i rode a mint xr500a a few months ago...had to pop the wheel up for nostalgia, and fruck me it was sooo easy
    i woulda bought it just to be the neighborhood wheelie king, but couldnt really afford it at the time
    i know guys who bought a 500a new...then traded up to the prolink a year later and say the twin shock was
    the pick for wheelies...helps having the rear axle almost directly under your arse too

'the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    p.s...i should bought that xr, mostly original, near mint, nos seat and a nos original exhaust wrapped in plastic to go with it...the guy didnt wanna put it on the bike so bought the cycleworks unit as a poor alternative.honestly it felt like riding a new bike
    ....$4500
    'the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by fridayflash View Post
    i rode a mint xr500a a few months ago...had to pop the wheel up for nostalgia, and fruck me it was sooo easy
    i woulda bought it just to be the neighborhood wheelie king, but couldnt really afford it at the time
    i know guys who bought a 500a new...then traded up to the prolink a year later and say the twin shock was
    the pick for wheelies...helps having the rear axle almost directly under your arse too

]
    Yeah they're a goodun for the job. That's a gorgeous example of a 500A bar the Cycleworks muffler. I dig them and TT500's.

Bike
    Various things
    p.s...i should bought that xr, mostly original, near mint, nos seat and a nos original exhaust wrapped in plastic to go with it...the guy didnt wanna put it on the bike so bought the cycleworks unit as a poor alternative.honestly it felt like riding a new bike
    ....$4500
    $4500.00? I would brought it for that in a heartbeat.

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    yep...im shitted off that i didnt, i had gone with a mate who was looking to buy it then didnt
    reg n wof even

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    Various things
    yep...im shitted off that i didnt, i had gone with a mate who was looking to buy it then didnt
    reg n wof even
    Bad buzz!!!

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    yep, closest to that condition ive seen in recent years was a low mileage orig..still in california
    looking for expressions of interest....a gut hit the $5000 buynow right away! too cheap maybe
    but the nz orig with reg n wof probably woulda been the better bike

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    Nothing :(
    Blog Entries
    anyone ever done a wheelie on a gn?
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by bosslady View Post
    Yep. No problem.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Yip.

125 and 250 both. They're light, so they can be wheelied really easily.

I think one of the most surprising bikes to wheelie, was a GB400. Bloody hell was it easy!

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Yep, straight into a fence with the girlfriend on the back, never liked her stupid bike anyway.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    yep, ive wheelied a gn too.. could get it up in 2nd with clutch and change into 3rd but ran outs puff about then
    ...stadning on the back pegs was easier

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Thread Information