Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultrabatt lithium batteries

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    It'll fit, and probably even leave space to fit a sammich in there too
    And lets be honest, a sammich stored is ten bucks saved at the coffee shop!

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    And lets be honest, a sammich stored is ten bucks saved at the coffee shop!
    Makes it a really neat lunchbox to impress your classmates with too
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by Pussy View Post
    The feedback for Fast Bike Gear looks pretty good, too!
    Liam is a stand-up guy & I wouldn't hesitate in recommending him & his company. I too however am more than happy with my Yuasa & have no inclination to change.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Eh? does a 919 need 360CCA, would have though the $289 240CCA would be plenty...
    Did what the web linky said - match CCA shit to what a standard is. Plus if the previous KB threads on the new fancy pants batteries is true the worst thing you can do is insert a under rated one as it will not cope. Mottobatts use some fancy pants sealed gel fibre stuff apparently, can be mounted anyway up or down! The are standard battery size though so no extra room for sammies.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Did what the web linky said - match CCA shit to what a standard is. Plus if the previous KB threads on the new fancy pants batteries is true the worst thing you can do is insert a under rated one as it will not cope. Mottobatts use some fancy pants sealed gel fibre stuff apparently, can be mounted anyway up or down! The are standard battery size though so no extra room for sammies.
    Yeh, if they need over 240CCA then the big-un is the go, I just thought the 250CCA+ was up there and only for large v-twins or 1400cc+ sizes. Looks like other sites recommend 210CCA batteries for it, so maybe it just has an overrated one in there currently? Maybe even downsize by two metric sammiches with the medium option...
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Yeh, if they need over 240CCA then the big-un is the go, I just thought the 250CCA+ was up there and only for large v-twins or 1400cc+ sizes. Looks like other sites recommend 210CCA batteries for it, so maybe it just has an overrated one in there currently? Maybe even downsize by two metric sammiches with the medium option...
    A metric sammich, and a moosley bar would give the right cranking amps I reckon.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Mottobatts use some fancy pants sealed gel fibre stuff apparently, can be mounted anyway up or down! The are standard battery size though so no extra room for sammies.
    Nothing fancy, just absorbed glass matt.
    My ZX6thing has a Motobatt and a bit smaller than recommended size so I would fit it in funny places (down my pants and stuff), current record is 6 months hooked up on the bike without starteng, still turned over fine at just over 10v and fired up when the fuel got there eventually

Best $72 I ever spent, I reckon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    My ZX6thing has a Motobatt and a bit smaller than recommended size so I would fit it in funny places (down my pants and stuff), current record is 6 months hooked up on the bike without starteng, still turned over fine at just over 10v and fired up when the fuel got there eventually

Best $72 I ever spent, I reckon.
    Yeah. The Motobatt in my ol' RF is a few years old now. Been well and truely neglected, and still turned my tractor over for ten or fifteen minutes before it started. And that thing runs a bigger starter than a Hilman avenger.

Turned the CBR over for about the same amount of time while I fucked around getting it sorted in the tracter too.

Great batteries.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    In my shed that was fancy after decades of mixing water with those wee packets of evil stuff the old lead batteries came with. And that shit made a right mess when spilled.

I also notice a lot of car batteries are sealed now - I'm pretty sure a lot are still old tech as someone told me they rely on condensation within the sealed unit to keep the water levels constant. Could be a load of crap. I've had my XR6 3 years, no idea how old the battery was when I purchased it as the date sticker is gone - still preforms well but that is about the accepted life out of a car battery cranking over a big arse six cylinder engine.

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Yeah. The Motobatt in my ol' RF is a few years old now. Been well and truely neglected, and still turned my tractor over for ten or fifteen minutes before it started. And that thing runs a bigger starter than a Hilman avenger.

Turned the CBR over for about the same amount of time while I fucked around getting it sorted in the tracter too.

Great batteries.
    Is the RF out of my garage finally! Hellaluja!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Old classic thing
    All you need to do us ensure that your replacement starter battery has the same or higher CCA rating as your OEM battery

We always recommend if in doubt go the next size up. I love overkill especially when it comes to zombies and batteries.
    Last edited by FastBikeGear; 4th September 2013 at 17:12. Reason: removed link to web page that no longer exists
    www.FastBikeGear.co.nz
    Top brand Motorcycle accessories: R&G Racing, Titax, CTEK, Ultrabatt lithium Batteries, RockSolid, BikeVis, NGR, Oberon, Stopit, TUTORO, Posi-Lock, etc.
    Mobile: 0275 985 266 Office, 09 834 6655

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Re Fastbike Gear - I have purchased bits off them before, got a loud arse horn hooked up from them. Shit I even ordered hand grips off them as the price is good and I did not need to get up from in front of the log burner!!!

Extremely good to deal with, absolutely hassle free. As it should be of course!

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Re Fastbike Gear - I have purchased bits off them before, got a loud arse horn hooked up from them. Shit I even ordered hand grips off them as the price is good and I did not need to get up from in front of the log burner!!!

Extremely good to deal with, absolutely hassle free. As it should be of course!
    So those horns are that loud? I found the perfect place to mount one to, where did you put yours?

I now have a gap where and exhaust used to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    So those horns are that loud? I found the perfect place to mount one to, where did you put yours?

I now have a gap where and exhaust used to go.
    Absolutely Fuck Off outta my way loud!!!!!

I've mounted mine stealth - under the bike to one of the mounts designed to take a main stand.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Absolutely Fuck Off outta my way loud!!!!!

I've mounted mine stealth - under the bike to one of the mounts designed to take a main stand.
    Thats close to where I would put it, just under the swingarm is a mount for the canister that the US bikes have. With the Y pipe gone that would be a good spot right out of the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Thread Information