Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultrabatt lithium batteries

Bike
    Old classic thing
    Bad news and good news.

Bad news:

We only have a handful of the current generation Ultrabatt batteries left in stock. A couple of our non automotive customers decided they couldn't take the risk of us running out of stock and beefed up their stock levels a little today.

Good News:

I spoke to Ultrabatt last night (a bit of a panic really) because yesterday we sold more Ultrabatts than on any other single day in the last few years and FastBikeGear now literally only has a handful of batteries left in stock. I doubled the size of our current order for the new batteries last night and they have advised that they have moved up the shipment and release dates two weeks for the new batteries. It's a worldwide release and they want to manage it so that none of us are caught with large inventories of the existing batteries. It looks like the timing of this has worked out nearly perfectly for us. Although there will be a gap of a few days where we can't supply.

Because the time frame has moved forward I can leak out a little more stuff...

As well as the new Lithium battery technology that we will shortly have in stock which we expect to reduce the cost of ownership of a Lithium battery by approximately a further 25%, Ultrabatt are introducing some GPS technology into Lithium battery status instrumentation. This will only be an option of interest to the guys who are racing I think.
    Last edited by FastBikeGear; 29th August 2013 at 18:59.
    www.FastBikeGear.co.nz
    Top brand Motorcycle accessories: R&G Racing, Titax, CTEK, Ultrabatt lithium Batteries, RockSolid, BikeVis, NGR, Oberon, Stopit, TUTORO, Posi-Lock, etc.
    Mobile: 0275 985 266 Office, 09 834 6655

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBikeGear View Post
    Bad news and good news.

Bad news:

We only have a handful of the current generation Ultrabatt batteries left in stock. A couple of our non automotive customers decided they couldn't take the risk of us running out of stock and beefed up their stock. levels a little.

Good News:

I spoke to Ultrabatt last night (a bit of a panic really) because yesterday we sold more Ultrabatts than on any other single day in the last few years and FastBikeGear now literally only has a handful of batteries left in stock. I doubled the size of our current order for the new batteries last night and they have advised that they have moved up the shipment and release dates two weeks for the new batteries. It's a worldwide release and they want to manage it so that none of us are caught with large inventories of the existing batteries. It looks like the timing of this has worked out nearly perfectly for us. Although there will be a gap of a few days where we can't supply.

Because the time frame has moved forward I can leak out a little more stuff...

As well as the new Lithium battery technology that we will shortly have in stock which we expect to reduce the cost of ownership of a Lithium battery by approximately a further 25%, Ultrabatt are introducing some GPS technology into Lithium battery status instrumentation. This will only be an option of interest to the guys who are racing I think.
    We're not allowed data logging when racing. I hope this feature doesn't cause issues in that respect.

Bike
    Old classic thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    We're not allowed data logging when racing. I hope this feature doesn't cause issues in that respect.
    The Ultramonitor is of course optional. If you don't have it on the bike you can't collect or access any motorcyle data performance information.

If you have a modern bike it is probably already performing data logging of electrical faults, etc in the ECU that the service technicians access when you take your bike in for servicing and of course this information does not infringe on the racing rules.
    www.FastBikeGear.co.nz
    Top brand Motorcycle accessories: R&G Racing, Titax, CTEK, Ultrabatt lithium Batteries, RockSolid, BikeVis, NGR, Oberon, Stopit, TUTORO, Posi-Lock, etc.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    The Ultramonitor is of course optional. If you don't have it on the bike you can't collect or access any motorcyle data performance information.

If you have a modern bike it is probably already performing data logging of electrical faults, etc in the ECU that the service technicians access when you take your bike in for servicing and of course this information does not infringe on the racing rules.
    When you say "GPS", I assume it tracks it's movement. Not trying to be a dick, (it comes naturally), I am just wondering if it would be legal in racing.

WSB and MotoGP are both banned from using GPS, and our data logging rules would probably cover it too.

Bike
    Old classic thing
    When you say "GPS", I assume it tracks it's movement. Not trying to be a dick, (it comes naturally), I am just wondering if it would be legal in racing.

WSB and MotoGP are both banned from using GPS, and our data logging rules would probably cover it too.
    Drew, yes the Pro version of Ultrabatts UltraMonitor definitely tracks the position of the bike, in addition to monitoring the status of the Lithium battery in your bike, etc.

In many race series this and other datalogging is legal.

In MotoGP for example
    Suspension travel and loads are monitored (thats what those long potentiometers do that you see attached to the front forks)
    Frame and wheel accellerations are monitored and logged with accellerators
    All possible engine parameters are logged
    Speed and track position are logged
    Braking points are logged
    In fact if you can think of it they are logging it.

When are rider comes into the pits the data is immediatel down loaded off the bikes via laptops. During practice and qualifying you will see the riders sitting down with their race engineers analysing graphos of this stuff.

In MotoGP they is a restriction that they are not not allowed to send the data between the bike and pits while the bike is on the track.

Many standard road bikes Like Ducati Panigales top end road bikes have data loggers built in to the dashboard.

All we need now is for the cops to know how to access your data logging dashboard.
    Last edited by FastBikeGear; 29th August 2013 at 17:13.
    www.FastBikeGear.co.nz

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Drew, yes the Pro version of Ultrabatts UltraMonitor definitely tracks the position of the bike, in addition to monitoring the status of the Lithium battery in your bike, etc.

In many race series this and other datalogging is legal.

In MotoGP for example
    Suspension travel and loads are monitored (thats what those long potentiometers do that you see attached to the front forks)
    Frame and wheel accellerations are monitored and logged with accellerators
    All possible engine parameters are logged
    Speed and track position are logged
    Braking points are logged
    In fact if you can think of it they are logging it.

When are rider comes into the pits the data is immediatel down loaded off the bikes via laptops. During practice and qualifying you will see the riders sitting down with their race engineers analysing graphos of this stuff.

In MotoGP they is a restriction that they are not not allowed to send the data between the bike and pits while the bike is on the track.

Many standard road bikes Like Ducati Panigales top end road bikes have data loggers built in to the dashboard.

All we need now is for the cops to know how to access your data logging dashboard.
    Yip yip, I know all that.

Data logging is expressly eliminated for racing in our rules though, (or at least it was and I haven't seen a remit to the rule, (which doesn't really mean fuck all. They took out the rule saying a superbike can't be more than 5 years old without telling anyone)).

I was just musing, not trying to cause issues.

Bike
    Old classic thing
    Yip yip, I know all that.

Data logging is expressly eliminated for racing in our rules though, (or at least it was and I haven't seen a remit to the rule, (which doesn't really mean fuck all. They took out the rule saying a superbike can't be more than 5 years old without telling anyone)).

I was just musing, not trying to cause issues.
    Hey many thanks for the informations. We currently supply Ultrabatt batteries to a number of Sperbike riders including Nick Cole so I guess we won't be supplying him with Ultrabatts data logging equipment.

In some ways it's a good rule to keep the cost down but it does mean that our riders don't learn how to use the dataloggin information before they try to compete in Europe.
    www.FastBikeGear.co.nz

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Hey many thanks for the informations. We currently supply Ultrabatt batteries to a number of Sperbike riders including Nick Cole so I guess we won't be supplying him with Ultrabatts data logging equipment.

In some ways it's a good rule to keep the cost down but it does mean that our riders don't learn how to use the dataloggin information before they try to compete in Europe.
    Perfectly legit to use the gear at test/practice days. Only not allowed it in competition riding.

Bike
    WR269f, WR450f
    Perfectly legit to use the gear at test/practice days. Only not allowed it in competition riding.
    Back to playing with your tricycle Andrew.............

Taken from MNZ App C Superbikes

Items may be added:
    c) Data acquisition, computers, recording equipment (Note: Telemetry
    devices are prohibited), provided no interface exists between logging
    equipment and management of engine systems with the exception of
    traction control systems.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    So has anybody on here managed to buy one of these things recently due to this discussion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    So has anybody on here managed to buy one of these things recently due to this discussion?
    I doubt it would effect anyones decision to buy one.

I want one for the weight saving on the sidecar, and one in the RF because it sits dormant for long periods. The RF is primitive, so a Li battery should quite happily remain at full charge for years and start the old bitch whenever I want it to.

Bike
    Old classic thing
    I doubt it would effect anyones decision to buy one.

I want one for the weight saving on the sidecar, and one in the RF because it sits dormant for long periods. The RF is primitive, so a Li battery should quite happily remain at full charge for years and start the old bitch whenever I want it to.
    I know have only four of the UB400s left in stock an just 2 of the UB600 s left. Until the new model batteries arrive in about 14 days time. I will do 10% discount pricing on these to Kiwibiker customers on these 6 units but it is strictly first in first served. Please note we have already sold out of UB200s. If you purchase from the web site you will pay full retail. you must call me if you want the discount.

Normal retail pricing and product details are here.

We also have additional discounts if you place our sticker on your race bike.
    www.FastBikeGear.co.nz

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
    I'm looking forward to seeing the new Ultrabatt range when they arrive, Liam!
    Member, sem fiddy appreciation society

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I find it ironic that the incredibly rude personal comments about Les were made by someone bearing an astonishing resemblance to a Monica Lewinsky dress accessory.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    All was good until I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable after a while

Bike
    Old classic thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Pussy View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing the new Ultrabatt range when they arrive, Liam!
    Send me an email with a promise you won't share and I will email you a pick. When you see the pic you will get a bit of a shock....I know I did!
    www.FastBikeGear.co.nz

Bike
    WR269f, WR450f
    So the 3rd Gen will be cheaper than current stock for all sizes? What weight is the new equivalent of the UB200 Liam? The Motobatt in the Wr250f is apparently 2.09kg, and if they're cheaper than the $140 on your site now they will be getting close to the Motobatt prices, if a sticker on my bike makes it cheaper still, I'll cover the whole thing hahaa.

ps-thanks for the quick delivery on the Ctek charger

Oops...........just noticed disc is for race bikes hahaa........gotta love a trier eh?

Thread Information