Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultrabatt lithium batteries

Bike
    Old classic thing
    Quote Originally Posted by avgas View Post
    I probably should point out I am not a LiPo salesperson. So its not my job to convince people how great these things are. So lets see others come up with a features list.

Laziness on my part - but I can't be fucked. Sealed Lead Acids working for me currently. See no evidence for me to change yet. Salesman job is to convince me otherwise.
    Nah sales persons job is to present you with the most accurate information and let you choose whether a lead acid battery or a lithium battery is right for you.

A good salesperson is just a consultant to assist you in getting and enjoying the best solution possible.

The conclusion is not clear cut and the answers will be different for different customers

Here's the sort of things I am advising customers to weigh up when they talk to me.

1. Yes for racers with a good budget the weight savings (Up to 4kg) make ltihium batteries a done deal. How else do you loose 4 kgs for such a small price premium....you can't.
    2. Yes Lithium batteries are more reliable by a factor of several times. (Although it's very early days yet our user poll shows that around 14% of lead batteries fail in the first two years and 25% have failed by the end of the third year. If that was the failure rate of a home appliance somebody would be getting nailed on Campbell Live! or having to answer some very hard questions from the Ministry of Consumer Affairs...perhaps they should be.
    3. Even the worst of lithium batteries have failure rates well under a third of those failure rates, and the best are proving to have failure rates well under 1% for the first two years.
    4. Consider also that because a lithium battery has very low self discharge rate and most commuters don't run total loss systems, and this might be another cost benefit to owning a lithium battery.
    5. Factor in the cost of a smart tender if you are an infrequent rider, (which will cost nearly as much as your lead acid battery) and the annual cost of ownership starts to swing to lithium batteries.
    6. But of course many customers will already have a smart lead acid battery tender. So this is a cost they have already met.
    7. Scan the internet for actual real world incidents (rather than the theoretical ones) and the damage caused to the bike... and the risks of lead acid batteries and Lithium batteries are pretty similar.
    8. You can mitigate the MOST serious of these risks (the one that creates the most dangerous risk - the short circuit) by buying a lithium battery with the correct type and correctly rated fuse built into it.
    9. But you also have to consider that most people change bikes every three years then the very high failure rates (25% within three years) of lead acid batteries becomes more acceptable (because the battery becomes someone else problem) Unless you can swap your lithium battery from one bike to another, you could lose on the deal when the next owner gets your reliable long life lithium battery and you may get a bike with an old lead acid battery.

Sales consultants need to give you the best information so that you can make an informed decision and then sell you the technology you choose.

If we haven't got what you need (maybe a lead acid battery is best for you) then we need to accept and acknowledge that you need to purchase from another supplier.
    Last edited by FastBikeGear; 6th September 2013 at 13:20. Reason: My usual typos!
    www.FastBikeGear.co.nz
    Top brand Motorcycle accessories: R&G Racing, Titax, CTEK, Ultrabatt lithium Batteries, RockSolid, BikeVis, NGR, Oberon, Stopit, TUTORO, Posi-Lock, etc.
    Mobile: 0275 985 266 Office, 09 834 6655

Bike
    Old classic thing
    ...It has begun

...the release of Ultrabatt's new 3rd generation technology batteries.

...While Ultrabatt 2nd gen batteries already acknowledged as the most advancedautomotive lithium batteries

...The new batteries move the goal posts forward again. As you would expect advancements have been made on nearly every aspect,

...Very latest technology LiFepo4 cells (Similar power density but even more robust than superb A123 systems cells used previously)

...new BMS,

...Smarter packaging 'one battery to serve them all!'

...and (whoops have to stop there for the moment)

See the following link for some of the details

http://www.ultrabatt.com

More clever stuff to be announced shortly....yep there is yet more cool stuff to come...but understand I can't discuss any new info here before Ultrabatt announce it on their web site first.

Info Packs for our dealer are being prepared now.

Newsletter to FBG customer base will go out after the dealer pack. If you wish to subscribe to our dealer news letter please send email to julie@fastbikegear.co.nz with the word 'dealer' in the subject line and your name and contact number in the content. And one of our staff will contact you.

Pricing will be posted to the www.fastbikegear.co.nz as soon as stock arrives in our warehouse.

If you wish to subscribe to our customer news letter please send email to julie@fastbikegear.co.nz with the word 'subscribe' in the subject line and your full name and phone number in the content.

I would also like this opportunity to welcome Cameron to our internal systems support team. With well over 3000 motorcycle performance upgrade accessories on www.fastbike.gear.com we need to ensure our systems keep abreast of order processing as we continuing growing our off shore business into Australia, Asia and the US. He's manged to spend half our annual IT budget in one week!
    Last edited by FastBikeGear; 7th September 2013 at 19:49.
    www.FastBikeGear.co.nz
    Top brand Motorcycle accessories: R&G Racing, Titax, CTEK, Ultrabatt lithium Batteries, RockSolid, BikeVis, NGR, Oberon, Stopit, TUTORO, Posi-Lock, etc.

Bike
    WR269f, WR450f
    Hmmmm...................so if ya were to get 2 wee 200's then 1 could be used for a small bike, then strap 2 together for the big bike?
    Cheaper than buying a little'un and a big'un.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Old classic thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony.OK View Post
    Hmmmm...................so if ya were to get 2 wee 200's then 1 could be used for a small bike, then strap 2 together for the big bike?
    Cheaper than buying a little'un and a big'un.
    Yes exactly.

And wee is the word!

The new multiMIGHTY PowerBlade is half...

,,,yes, HALF the size of the old Ultrabatt 200!

has the same cranking power and capacity!!

These things are just insanely tiny

114 Long x 30mm deep x 90mm high (Not a whole lot bigger bigger than a cigarette pack)

Click on this link here to see more info.

Or if you buy a bigger bike next time ..or you want to put them in your car, just click three or four together.

or you find you want even more starting power when you visit Gore

Each PowerBlade has it's own BMS of course.

You can charge individual power blades or charge an entire block and still get perfect cell balancing while you are charging.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	287259

ONE BATTERY TO SERVE THEM ALL!
    Last edited by FastBikeGear; 9th September 2013 at 00:20.
    www.FastBikeGear.co.nz

Bike
    Old classic thing

What's the status of your battery?

More product news next week....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	287291  
    Last edited by FastBikeGear; 9th September 2013 at 00:15.
    www.FastBikeGear.co.nz

Bike
    Bikes!
    I think this is of no surprise to those who take an interest in this tech. Some worthy additions it would appear.

But, I absolutely refuse to buy a product that doesn't have a price on it. House, car, bike, battery, no price, no sale.

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Yeah - whats the price mister?
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    Old classic thing
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    I think this is of no surprise to those who take an interest in this tech. Some worthy additions it would appear.

But, I absolutely refuse to buy a product that doesn't have a price on it. House, car, bike, battery, no price, no sale.
    Yes sorry about that...please bear with us.

Prices for the UltraMonitors should be on our web site tomorrow. Just takes a while to load this stuff up.

Most of the multiMIGHTY product info is already on our web site HERE

Prices will be added to that page later this week.

We have to coordinate with Ultrabatt's worldwide release...we don't want to jump the gun ....so please bear with us.
    Last edited by FastBikeGear; 9th September 2013 at 13:41.
    www.FastBikeGear.co.nz

Bike
    Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBikeGear View Post
    We have to coordinate with Ultrabatt's worldwide release...we don't want to jump the gun ....so please bear with us.
    Yeah, fair enough. Just remember, no matter how outlandish the price, it's really easy to hit buy now. Sean from The Tuning Works said he'd never sold a 'Brembo Ultimate Package' for an RGV... I told him he was more likely to than if he didn't have them listed! Quite prepared to put my money where my mouth is too... now my RGV has a lovely little RCS fully adjustable all the bells and whistles master cylinder on it

Bike
    RR
    More product news next week....
    This "Ultrabatt Ultramonitor" also works with other LiIo batteries like my Bikefire BF5000 (http://www.bfakku.de/bf-batterie-carbon/) ??

Bike
    Old classic thing
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyR1 View Post
    This "Ultrabatt Ultramonitor" also works with other LiIo batteries like my Bikefire BF5000 (http://www.bfakku.de/bf-batterie-carbon/) ??
    Yes. You should contact Gerard at www.ultrabat.com and see if maybe you can become a dealer for them?
    www.FastBikeGear.co.nz

Bike
    Old classic thing
    Pricing and specs for the new modular Ultrabatt Lithium batteries is now on our web site CLICK HERE TO VIEW.

These batteries are very different from the previous range of very successful Ultrabatt batteries.

Please note these have not arrived into stock yet but you can reserve them by sending an email to julie@FastBikeGear.co.nz. She will let you know when they have arrived and will send you an invoice when she is ready to dispatch your order. So you don't have to pay until we dispatch them of course!

The cheapest way to buy blades is to purchase a 3 Pack which has a retail price of $390 which works out $130 for a singly multiMIGHTY.

Nothing to stop you clubbing together of course with a couple of mates to do this of course.
    www.FastBikeGear.co.nz

Bike
    Old classic thing
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    $369 for the battery, $133 for a trickle charger ........... no sir I'll stick with my Motobatt - it has been going strong for 4 years so far.
    Allan only one in 20 of our Ultabatt customers purchases a mains charger because unlike lead acid batteries a lithium battery will retain it's cranking ability for many months inbetween rides and they also charge up on your bike many times faster than a lead acid battery.

We do sell a mains charger for race customers who run total loss and don't charge their batteries with their bikes charging circuit. They charge the batteries to 14.6 volts ( as opposed to lead acid battery chargers 14.4V) and then they stop charging. They do not continue to trickle charge like a lead acid batty charger because it's just not necessary or even good for a lithium battery to keep trickle charging it once it is full charged.

A UB400 240 PCA is all you need for a 1000 CC four cylinder bike @$289 including inbuilt on bike BMS charger.

http://www.fastbikegear.co.nz/index....oducts_id=1198

At this price if you budget on getting 4 years out of a lead acid battery ( and it doesn't fail prematurely) then you need a $289 lithium battery to last about 6 years to have a lower cost of ownership than puchasing a lead acid battery and lead acid smart charger for a combined price of $200.

If you buy a lead acid battery without a smart charger and it lasts 4 years, then your lithium battery needs to last about 8 years to work out cheaper.

Lithium batteries with inbuilt BMS systems have target lives of 10 years. But we have only been selling them for 2 years. What we can say with 100% certainty is that Ultrabatts failure rate has proven to be many times less than that Kiwibiker owners of lead acid batteries have experienced. ( see survey)

Of course your lithium battery will:

• Be install and forget (never needs to be plugged into a trickle charger).
    • Have much lower MTBF. Our Keywiibiker survey shows approx 25% of lead acid batteries fail in first three years and nearly 50% in first five years!!
    • Will probably never get a chance to go flat
    • Weigh less than 1/4 of your existing battery
    • ...and of course you can swap it over to your next bike.
    Last edited by FastBikeGear; 16th September 2013 at 10:47.
    www.FastBikeGear.co.nz

Bike
    suzuki
    they also charge up on your bike many times faster than a lead acid battery.
    exactly how many times?????

Thread Information