Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Wtf is wrong with my GN250?

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Setting the clearances is piss easy, less than 30 min if you're used to it. Ze manual explains it very straight forward too

For a decent tappet adjuster, just get a cork from a wine bottle and a square drive screw (number 2 size) and you have a nicer tool than the shitty ones you buy

If you haven't got the 22mm socket to turn the crank from the LHS cover (under the big flat blade screw/plug thingymajig) just put it in 2nd and rock the wheel while looking for the TDC mark on the flywheel through the sight hole on the LHS cover (up the top of the cover, slightly to the front, 16 or 17mm)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    It was that fucking WOF guy again, I swear it. He's fiddled with everything, and it will never be the same again. Mwahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    Between bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    Tune up time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    Take it out and thrash the bejeejus out of it
    I was going to say, if it needs any tune up it's an Italian one.

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
    It was that fucking WOF guy again, I swear it. He's fiddled with everything, and it will never be the same again. Mwahaha.
    yess, cucking funt that he is!
    'the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    A blue one
    drag it out to leathal's for a mercy killing..

Bike
    Nothing :(
    Blog Entries
    would it be a waste of money to just get a new spark plug?

I haven't been able to take the bike apart quite yet
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Plug is cheap enough, and it never hurts to get one up it.

You don't have to take much apart for clearances, just the two rocker covers (two 10mm head bolts each) and the sight plug I mentioned and the plug to get the 22mm socket in
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by bosslady View Post
    would it be a waste of money to just get a new spark plug?

I haven't been able to take the bike apart quite yet
    No that's the first thing should do in this context, the spark plug is at the coal face getting all the chemical and residue from what goes on inside the guts of the bike, the rest are in their own little factory seals or at very least splashproof covers that don't get the front line treatment, like when you've had a real full on night, you always change your y fronts first cause you could another 500kms out of your trousers...

Bike
    A few
    I'm wif smiffy !
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by sinfull View Post
    I'm wif smiffy !
    I hope you two are happy together.

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DL 650
    Quote Originally Posted by bosslady View Post
    No, not related to the WOF It's got a brand spanking new and oiled air filter so shouldn't be that (which I thought it was) I cleaned the fuel strainer maybe a month ago but maybe I could try that again. I'll look up spark plug in the manual. I think it's got plenty of spark? should I check the battery?
    You say oiled air filter, was enough oil squeezed out of it, if not the excess oil can restrict the air flow

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeOut View Post
    You say oiled air filter, was enough oil squeezed out of it, if not the excess oil can restrict the air flow
    I'm quite confident that I squeezed as much as I could without wringing the filter. The bike was the same beforehand anyhoo.

Will try and get a new spark plug today.
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Plug will lose its sparking abilities quickly if you over use your choke at times, the less you can use your choke on those old beasties, the better.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    Plug will lose its sparking abilities quickly if you over use your choke at times, the less you can use your choke on those old beasties, the better.
    You mean the less I pull OUT the choke to start the bike the better? I've never really had to do it ever I think.

So I got a new spark plug $8 later and before I put that in I took off the seat, tank, valve inspection cap and magneto cover but I didn't know wtf a timing inspection plug was, flatty figured it out. Flatty adjusted valve clearance for me while I watched. Put new plug in and put everything back on/together. Went to go start bike and was like WTF hard as hell to start, bloody great. Then look down and see fuel line dangling around, ahhh... hook it up then she starts no problem but maybe idling a little oddly.. will have to go for a decent ride in the weekend. Anyway took her for a ride and felt good, didn't feel sick like it did before, but again will go for a ride in the weekend and see. Think I will have to have a look at the clutch cable adjustment in the weekend too, clutch etc feels funny maybe.

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    What color was the spark plug you took out? You can tell a lot about the condition of your engine from the spark plug.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spark_plug_colour_810.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	285101
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Thread Information