Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2014 TT2000 tips wanted

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    I hope it's a great run for all riders. Skipping this one for several reasons, let's hope it's business as usual 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    Quote Originally Posted by biggo View Post
    Have decided to do my whole rally in South Island now due to uncertainty with Ferry's . Got my routes locked in accommodation booked fuel stops planned so should be good to go.

Lets hope the weather gods are kind to us now
    Likewise, all South Island for me too. Everything booked for me too. Just got to put new front pads in the bike, give her a bath, load up and I'm on my way.

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    I'll be missing this again (2nd year in a row). But 2 trips to Hamilton this year, and a month off work for each of them, eats into the time available for recreational motorcycling. I hope all riders have a great time.
    Time to ride

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Sorry, I dont want to do the TT. It was a general question to those that do the long rides.

These days I have a better understanding of whats going on and I drink a lot more.
    A drink bottle securely stashed with a length of small dia hose that can reach your mouth. A short 90 degree bend to fit into your mouth either through the visor space or up from the bottom. It can be done left handed.

If you are drinking plenty ... you'll probably need a pee stop anyway ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Often do 4-500km rides without too much problem. Can ride non stop between fuel stops enjoy just keeping a steady pace, past riding like a hero
    Think about the time you did your last 500 km day ride ... then imagine doing it at least Four (minimum distance to get the badge) consecutive times ...

For the first timers ... the last 500 is hard ...

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    A drink bottle securely stashed with a length of small dia hose that can reach your mouth. A short 90 degree bend to fit into your mouth either through the visor space or up from the bottom. It can be done left handed.

If you are drinking plenty ... you'll probably need a pee stop anyway ...
    Have started using Hammer Nutrition hydration products. Mainly endurlite tablets which seem to have resolved most of the problem.

Pro tip, you dont need to stop to pee.........

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Have started using Hammer Nutrition hydration products. Mainly endurlite tablets which seem to have resolved most of the problem.

Pro tip, you dont need to stop to pee.........
    Pro tip (2) ... no kinks ...

And a 5 minute stop between fills can take care of many issues that need done.

Bike
    2016 Honda ST1300,86/87 XJ900F,
    Think about the time you did your last 500 km day ride ... then imagine doing it at least Four (minimum distance to get the badge) consecutive times ...

For the first timers ... the last 500 is hard ...

Did the Wellington C1KC a few months back as a trial for this. I personally found that at about 650 kms I was really feeling it, but then got a sort of second breath. I did 1250kms that day and felt much better than I thought I might. Looking forward to it now 250 kms Friday Night. just over 1000km Saturday and about 850 Km Sunday . At least the roads should be quiet . Just been out for a ride and the roads around here are manic ( Kapiti Coast )

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Did the Wellington C1KC a few months back as a trial for this. I personally found that at about 650 kms I was really feeling it, but then got a sort of second breath. I did 1250kms that day and felt much better than I thought I might. Looking forward to it now 250 kms Friday Night. just over 1000km Saturday and about 850 Km Sunday . At least the roads should be quiet . Just been out for a ride and the roads around here are manic ( Kapiti Coast )
    I've done six Chatto Creek 1000 Mile Challenge's (1635 km's with 24 hours allowed to complete it) ...

But when you complete the TT2000 ... you will be aware there is nowhere in the north island you can't reach in a day ride ... easily ...

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    I've done six Chatto Creek 1000 Mile Challenge's (1635 km's with 24 hours allowed to complete it) ...

But when you complete the TT2000 ... you will be aware there is nowhere in the north island you can't reach in a day ride ... easily ...
    And that is from the South Island.
    Time to ride

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Hydrabak and Flip front helmet. Lift the jaw when cruising through towns or filling up, and you're able to have a quick drink. Towns are also a good time to stretch the legs, stand on the pegs etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    2008 Honda ST 1300
    Blog Entries

I'm Already to go as Well

My route is carefully planned. 270 kms on Friday night. 793 on Saturday before catching the ferry at 5 pm. the a cruse down to Blenheim. 926 kms on Sunday. I intend to be on the Road at 4 am both Saturday and Sunday mornings.
    I'll look forward to swapping stories at the finish on Sunday evening.

4 Wheels move the body. 2 Wheels move the soul

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    264, 991 and 784km - all in the South Island. Looking forward to visiting the Grand Canyon, never been there before - people say it's impressive...

Bike
    '18 V-Strom 650
    Well, if it's anything like the Niagara Falls...

Bike
    he's back !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by banditrider View Post
    Looking forward to visiting the Grand Canyon, never been there before - people say it's impressive...
    never been there myself but now I know where it is i'll check it out when I'm down there in March.... looks impressive on Google maps streetview
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Thread Information