Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2014 TT2000 tips wanted

Bike
    BMW R1200RT 2014
    I didn't quite make it this year but was on track. Did the bit down the east coast of the NI and got to Wellington at about 12:30am after an extremely windy ride over the ranges. Then a quick trip up to get the Kapiti photo and was in the hotel back in Wellington by 2am. Caught the 9am ferry over (was supposed to be 2:30am but hey). Cross the top of the South collecting points along the way and then down to end up in Westport about 9pm as it was raining. No fuel open so decided to go to my motel. Quick trip back into town to see if anything was open for a feed but nothing.
    Then did the stupid thing and as I pulled out from a shop I somehow managed to drop the bike. Must have been pulling out too slowely and crash it went with a loud ping as the clutch lever went flying over the road.
    After getting an assist to haul it back up, surveyed the damage. Scratched mirror, front fairing, pannier cracked and scratched. The main was the broken clutch lever which left me able to get 1 finger on it to use it. Tried it out in the morning and was not practicalble to carry on. As it was my finger was raw by the time I got back to picton even though I did not use the clutch that often.

Was on track as well and it was a toughy one.

Bike
    2008 Honda ST 1300
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by veldthui View Post
    I didn't quite make it this year but was on track. Did the bit down the east coast of the NI and got to Wellington at about 12:30am after an extremely windy ride over the ranges. Then a quick trip up to get the Kapiti photo and was in the hotel back in Wellington by 2am. Caught the 9am ferry over (was supposed to be 2:30am but hey). Cross the top of the South collecting points along the way and then down to end up in Westport about 9pm as it was raining. No fuel open so decided to go to my motel. Quick trip back into town to see if anything was open for a feed but nothing.
    Then did the stupid thing and as I pulled out from a shop I somehow managed to drop the bike. Must have been pulling out too slowely and crash it went with a loud ping as the clutch lever went flying over the road.
    After getting an assist to haul it back up, surveyed the damage. Scratched mirror, front fairing, pannier cracked and scratched. The main was the broken clutch lever which left me able to get 1 finger on it to use it. Tried it out in the morning and was not practicalble to carry on. As it was my finger was raw by the time I got back to picton even though I did not use the clutch that often.

Was on track as well and it was a toughy one.
    Better luck next Year.

4 Wheels move the body. 2 Wheels move the soul

Thread Information