Advertise with Kiwi Biker
Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast
Results 796 to 810 of 815

Thread: Mossy. Pick of the week.

  1. #796
    Join Date
    17th July 2003 - 23:37
    Bike
    CB1300
    Location
    Tuakau
    Posts
    4,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubbo View Post
    Funny, just these last couple of weeks I've had a hankering for a Japanese twin probably TL or VTR.
    Must be a middle age crisis.

  2. #797
    Join Date
    17th July 2003 - 23:37
    Bike
    CB1300
    Location
    Tuakau
    Posts
    4,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    What happened to Mossy? He was a right laugh with his quirky taste in bikes and such...
    Funny I was just wondering that last week.

  3. #798
    Join Date
    5th April 2004 - 20:04
    Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Location
    wellington
    Posts
    13,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Funny, just these last couple of weeks I've had a hankering for a Japanese twin probably TL or VTR.
    Must be a middle age crisis.
    Which is it then? Those are in different leagues.
    Polemic....look it up

  4. #799
    Join Date
    3rd October 2006 - 21:21
    Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Location
    in the hot sun
    Posts
    3,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Funny, just these last couple of weeks I've had a hankering for a Japanese twin probably TL or VTR.
    Must be a middle age crisis.
    I was looking for exactly that and looked at all sorts of options incl another Buell. But I ended up buying a Monster 1200. Fuck, what a bike! Fast, comfortable, easy to ride and handles. The modern Dukes are far better reliability wise than they used to be and they look great. I would rather have bought a big japanese thumping v twin but they don't make one in this style, but pretty happy with the big Monster. ( not a very big bike...)
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

  5. #800
    Join Date
    17th July 2003 - 23:37
    Bike
    CB1300
    Location
    Tuakau
    Posts
    4,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Which is it then? Those are in different leagues.
    Having not ridden either it is difficult to say.

    Do you have a recommendation?

    Won't be my primary ride so it doesn't need to be terribly practical beyond needing to accommodate my generous proportions.

  6. #801
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street Triple R/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    16,164
    I've only ridden the S not the R. The VTR is portrayed as the dowdy Hondarised attempt. A mate had one until fairly recently. First time I rode it it felt like a barrel with wheels. Next maybe with tyres it felt 10x more alive.
    I really think one would benefit from a weight loss program and suspension makeover. But it would need to be cheap else the logical questions about SP1 or RSV are raised.
    Then again both those need sorting out the Fueling.

    The S felt like it needed suspension sorting both ends. My understanding is the R is more of the same.
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

  7. #802
    Join Date
    5th April 2004 - 20:04
    Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Location
    wellington
    Posts
    13,062
    The TT1000s if its had the rotary damper removed, all day every day.

    And the SP1 costing twice as much with likely 20 year old unserviced suspension is why it's not in the mix.

    As for the Aprillia, fuck that.
    Polemic....look it up

  8. #803
    Join Date
    17th July 2003 - 23:37
    Bike
    CB1300
    Location
    Tuakau
    Posts
    4,762
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I've only ridden the S not the R. The VTR is portrayed as the dowdy Hondarised attempt. A mate had one until fairly recently. First time I rode it it felt like a barrel with wheels. Next maybe with tyres it felt 10x more alive.
    I really think one would benefit from a weight loss program and suspension makeover. But it would need to be cheap else the logical questions about SP1 or RSV are raised.
    Then again both those need sorting out the Fueling.

    The S felt like it needed suspension sorting both ends. My understanding is the R is more of the same.
    Yep, I certainly could do with a weight loss program!

    Not looking for an IOM winner.

    Just something fun. I don't ride fast enough for a fire breather, just something I can get set up to enjoy a bit of b road riding on. Without costing so much SWMBO doesn't question the wisdom of having a spare bike.

  9. #804
    Join Date
    17th July 2003 - 23:37
    Bike
    CB1300
    Location
    Tuakau
    Posts
    4,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    The TT1000s if its had the rotary damper removed, all day every day.

    And the SP1 costing twice as much with likely 20 year old unserviced suspension is why it's not in the mix.

    As for the Aprillia, fuck that.
    I expect to need to spend money on the suspension, because of my not having maintained my rig.

  10. #805
    Join Date
    5th April 2004 - 20:04
    Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Location
    wellington
    Posts
    13,062
    Here ya go, fucken bargain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180512-134750_Facebook.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	558.1 KB 
ID:	336677  
    Polemic....look it up

  11. #806
    Join Date
    17th July 2003 - 23:37
    Bike
    CB1300
    Location
    Tuakau
    Posts
    4,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Here ya go, fucken bargain.
    Nice find. I'll look into that.

  12. #807
    Join Date
    17th July 2003 - 23:37
    Bike
    CB1300
    Location
    Tuakau
    Posts
    4,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Funny, just these last couple of weeks I've had a hankering for a Japanese twin probably TL or VTR.
    Must be a middle age crisis.
    So, after sitting on a few... Not without some ergonomic modification or reduction in leg length from knee to ankle!

    Guess I'm back to to the drawing board or I need more money.

  13. #808
    Join Date
    27th November 2012 - 11:25
    Bike
    small ones
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    805
    Blog Entries
    13

  14. #809
    Join Date
    16th July 2018 - 02:38
    Bike
    CX500
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubbo View Post
    That front end though...




  15. #810
    Join Date
    13th April 2018 - 20:36
    Bike
    Ninja 650 Performance '17
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    60
    There's always the faired version

    and $9300 is a good deal since the RRP on these is $13000

    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...ba5286024d308f

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •