Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The ABBA stand, nothing to do with the band

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I dont think they are called Abba but Abbas or similar wording as I do remember seeing them advertised. They are bike specific and not universal from what I read.
    Well all the labels read ABBA so if that's anything to go by I'll stand by my using the name ABBA. FYI - The stand is universal, just need bike specific adaptors for the swingarm pivot tube...

Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    I like the idea of being able to take off the wheels / shock / swing arm etc and leave it all hanging but still mobile. Being a lifelong bodger nothing happens fast or easily in my shed. Am I right in thinking that the stand mounts on / in the frame and rear wheel or swing arm? If so then shirley it's a case of having a selection of bolts and spacers...
    So if you take a zoom on the pic in my initial post, the ABBA stand lines up with your swingarm pivot bolt/tube, which is where the bike specific adaptor comes into play. So you could have one stand, with several adaptors to suit your specific bikes. Or you could be sneaky and use a lathe to run your own adaptors.

It's just such an easy way of getting both ends off the ground, for tyre swaps, engine oil changes, fork oil changes etc.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Wrong again. They're Abba. Used to be in Nelson, but as someone else said, now in Christchurch. https://abbastandsnz.com/

They are universal, it's only the small adaptors which plug into the swingarm which are bike specific. This is my Suzuki with the additional kit which lifts both wheels off the ground together. They do a nice hoist too.
    Gotcha, cheers for the pic. I'm guessing they are pretty stable judging by the size of the bikes hanging off them. Abba stand on the birthday list it is then.

Cheers CasperNZ, looks like it could all be bodged.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Sold
    Gotcha, cheers for the pic. I'm guessing they are pretty stable judging by the size of the bikes hanging off them. Abba stand on the birthday list it is then.
    Yep, you can climb all over the bike and it ain't going to move! There are several YouTube videos showing installation.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Yep, you can climb all over the bike and it ain't going to move! There are several YouTube videos showing installation.
    Thanks Geoff, awesome pics showing the stand in use. You should ask for commission...

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Thanks Geoff, awesome pics showing the stand in use. You should ask for commission...
    I should be paying you Rob, it was you that introduced me to Abba

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Hmmmm small bit of money due in July. I always reward myself with something motorcycle related ....

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Yeah it's a bit of a take a chance on me, only two left according to the site. But I have a dream so gimme, gimme, gimme. Blackbird and CasperNZ are a bit knowing me, knowing you, don't you think? Does your mother know?
    Then again, it's all money, money, money, that's the name of the game.

I'm sorry.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    A
    Yeah it's a bit of a take a chance on me, only two left according to the site. But I have a dream so gimme, gimme, gimme. Blackbird and CasperNZ are a bit knowing me, knowing you, don't you think? Does your mother know?
    Then again, it's all money, money, money, that's the name of the game.

I'm sorry.
    As long as you're not starting off on "gimme a man after midnight" then I'm not worried about you as yet

Oh and Blackbird and myself are aligned with the same petfood company IYKWIM

Bike
    ES XTZ
    I used a trolley jack and wood under the headers to lift the front off the ground to get my forks out with the ABBA then a headstock stand cause I didn't trust my old TJ for more than a few hours.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170625_172814.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	451.0 KB 
ID:	331464   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170625_172838.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	468.1 KB 
ID:	331465   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141003_162506.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	789.9 KB 
ID:	331466  

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
    Something like this would be cool to.

http://moovamoto.com/index.php?page=...VaV1ZVMUVhejA9
    Can confirm, fully mobile castor stands are fucking mint in a space constrained shed.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    I bought the ABBA Skylift off of this guy, nice chap, very helpful. I'm old and find crawling around on the floor painful, so lifting the bike up to eye height and being able to wheel it around while up there is great. Quite expensive but I have a couple of bikes and it really makes working on them easy.

Cheers

Thread Information