Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: NZSBK 2014 dates

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by codgyoleracer View Post
    What a load of Hogwash, so less weekends away overall, Less potential cost, More racing - But wait a minute we all have to take one extra day off for one round........and thats only if you want to do the practice day.

Bitchin for bitching sake in my mind.

Oh and i forgot, its not even a day off for you Rob, you ARE MEANT TO BE working anyway. Given that you were always gonna be there on the Saturday / Sunday anyway ?

Now - getting back to the thread proper - whos gonna win what ?
    You forgot to mention ,It will be $200 less entry fees for more pointscoring opportunities,That should just about pay for the extra day off,Oh that and the 2 extra weeks everybodies not away from home or the airfares to get backwards and forwards to Teretonga etc,How ridiculous would that be?????And yet it's been going on for years.

Superbike = Shirriffs or Charlett
    Supersport = Lewis
    Superlite = Fitzgerald
    250 Prod = Burgess or Perriton
    125GP = Chandler
    Sidecars = Smith/Shorter
    Pro Twins = Bentley

Bike
    None
    What a load of Hogwash, so less weekends away overall, Less potential cost, More racing - But wait a minute we all have to take one extra day off for one round........and thats only if you want to do the practice day.

Bitchin for bitching sake in my mind.

Oh and i forgot, its not even a day off for you Rob, you ARE MEANT TO BE working anyway. Given that you were always gonna be there on the Saturday / Sunday anyway ?

Now - getting back to the thread proper - whos gonna win what ?
    You forget that its not about me, its about the extra one or two working days lost, that is the whole point of my argument. It could have been a regular meeting of regular length. Just have to agree to disagree on this.

Ph: 06 751 2100 * Email: robert@kss.net.nz
    Mob: 021 825 514 * Fax: 06 751 4551

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Taylor View Post
    You forget that its not about me, its about the extra one or two working days lost, that is the whole point of my argument. It could have been a regular meeting of regular length. Just have to agree to disagree on this.
    fuck man
    when i race we had thre weeks leave and seven rounds, two people flew back to the north island as noone else could afford it.
    nowadays everyones got four weeks leave, and it's their chosen sport passion, just get on with it and stop the whining.

And yes i'm self employed and don't get four weeks, I choose to be self employed so I can get around the country and commentate, i couldn't do what i do with a real job and often it costs me a lot in travel and lost days from work, that's how i like it, every few meetings I actually get a petrol voucher or some money to help out a bit, but only every few sixteen meetings this year, none in wellington and more next at this stage.
    I'm personally not happy with the shorter series but it's only my personal veiw.

Bike
    03 Hornet 900, 08 Daytona 675 race bike
    Steve, why not extend the debate to the peoples that the Maori invaders ate? Where is their compensation? As I understand it the Maoris settled in NZ by conquest and it is an ultimate arrogance for them to claim that they were here first.

Women in politics is a good thing, take the current examples of Paula Bennett and the immediate past minister of police, Judith Collins. Also Jacinda Ardern, I dont agree with much of what she has to say but she has the courage of her convictions .
    Ah yes the Moriori myth - A ripping yarn invented by white folks...

"The Moriori are culturally Polynesian. They developed a distinct Moriori culture in the Chatham Islands as they adapted to local conditions. Although speculation once suggested that they settled the Chatham Islands directly from the tropical Polynesian islands, or even that they were Melanesian in origin, current research indicates that ancestral Moriori were Māori Polynesians who emigrated to the Chatham Islands from New Zealand before 1500"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moriori_people
    "You never understood that it ain't no good, you shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you" - Bob Dylan

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    fuck man
    when i race we had thre weeks leave and seven rounds, two people flew back to the north island as noone else could afford it.
    nowadays everyones got four weeks leave, and it's their chosen sport passion, just get on with it and stop the whining.

And yes i'm self employed and don't get four weeks, I choose to be self employed so I can get around the country and commentate, i couldn't do what i do with a real job and often it costs me a lot in travel and lost days from work, that's how i like it, every few meetings I actually get a petrol voucher or some money to help out a bit, but only every few sixteen meetings this year, none in wellington and more next at this stage.
    I'm personally not happy with the shorter series but it's only my personal veiw.
    Irrespective I am getting on with it. Its just that those who disagree with my right to my own opinion have rotated this through. No-one can accuse me of not being afraid to say what I really think. There are of course plus's and minuses. One prominent road racer that I spoke to last week who is self employed with a busy workload is now able to do the Nationals because of the cancellation of one round . It cuts much much less into his working weeks, consistent with the basis of my argument . Less is more!

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by wharfy View Post

"The Moriori are culturally Polynesian. They developed a distinct Moriori culture in the Chatham Islands as they adapted to local conditions. Although speculation once suggested that they settled the Chatham Islands directly from the tropical Polynesian islands, or even that they were Melanesian in origin, current research indicates that ancestral Moriori were Māori Polynesians who emigrated to the Chatham Islands from New Zealand before 1500"

And predecessors before them?

Bike
    Ducati's, Huskie's and Kawasaki's

Apparently,,,, they were quite delicious!!
    "That's rooted!! What's next??"

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post

Superbike = Shirriffs or Charlett
    that's a funny way to spell Nick Cole

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Umm, so lets see

+2extra days minus + 6 extra days (if there were 3 rounds in the south) = 4 less days away from work

Yep, Ive just double checked that using both left and right hand fingers - and it keeps coming out the same.

Bike
    None
    Umm, so lets see

+2extra days minus + 6 extra days (if there were 3 rounds in the south) = 4 less days away from work

Yep, Ive just double checked that using both left and right hand fingers - and it keeps coming out the same.
    You have missed the point of what I was saying. Its a positive to eliminate one round, it would have been a further positive to have kept the last round to the ''regular'' timeframe

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    You have missed the point of what I was saying. Its a positive to eliminate one round, it would have been a further positive to have kept the last round to the ''regular'' timeframe

Could have been should have been, but still IS BETTER!
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto-Dynamix View Post
    Could have been should have been, but still IS BETTER!
    Correct! And of course wo betide anyone that has the temerity to express an opinion on this site that may not be palatable to those that perhaps can only see racing as the one most important thing in their lives. Even if the opinion has some merits.

Point of fact possibly all of the Superbike riders that I am contracted to help this season may totally disagree with me, but that in no way dilutes the job at hand that has to be done for them.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Correct! And of course wo betide anyone that has the temerity to express an opinion on this site that may not be palatable to those that perhaps can only see racing as the one most important thing in their lives. Even if the opinion has some merits.

Point of fact possibly all of the Superbike riders that I am contracted to help this season may totally disagree with me, but that in no way dilutes the job at hand that has to be done for them.

I Know what you need Robert, more staff who understand motorcycles and basics of suspension, that way you would have more time to fullfill your customer orders in a less work hours enviroment for you.
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    03 Hornet 900, 08 Daytona 675 race bike
    And predecessors before them?
    There doesn't appear to be any evidence of occupation by anyone pre-Maori* (despite the claims of a few "interesting" characters that variously Chineese, Spanish and even Irish settled in New Zealand prior to the Polynesian migration)

The Stuff I was taught at school was in fact mostly bullshit - Someone just made it up ( a plausable theory but falsified evidence).

*Maori (in the Maori language) means "ordinary" or "human being" as opposed to Gods or spirits. Many Maori use the term tangata whenua "the people of the land" .
    The much maligned term Pākehā is a Māori language term for New Zealanders who are "of European descent" other migrants and their decendants are "tau iwi"

The current scientific studies appear to show that Polynesians are decendants of the natives from Taiwan.
    "You never understood that it ain't no good, you shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you" - Bob Dylan

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries

The Stuff I was taught at school was in fact mostly bullshit
    Well that explains everything

Thread Information