Thread: We want full-sized adventure pics

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc

We want full-sized adventure pics

Well I'll prolly get arrested for starting this thread, but if anyone does get to read it before its dismembered, here's a question for discussion.

Isn't it about time we were allowed to start posting proper sized pictures on this forum? I mean surely the old excuse of "not everyone has broadband" has had its day. I mean seriously, that reasoning would have us all driving at 30kph cos some dude is driving his Model T Ford to work.

This is not a poke at the MODS who do a great job there's still lots of avenues left for handing out infracsions..infatshins...err telling us off, but think how more exciting, interesting, colourful and pleasurable our forum would be with some PICTURES in it.

Has the time come for picture posting or not....I say YES

Adventure/Dual Purpose Bikers of NZ unite
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    2002 KTM 640 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    Well I'll prolly get arrested for starting this thread, but if anyone does get to read it before its dismembered, here's a question for discussion.

Isn't it about time we were allowed to start posting proper sized pictures on this forum? I mean surely the old excuse of "not everyone has broadband" has had its day. I mean seriously, that reasoning would have us all driving at 30kph cos some dude is driving his Model T Ford to work.

This is not a poke at the MODS who do a great job there's still lots of avenues left for handing out infracsions..infatshins...err telling us off, but think how more exciting, interesting, colourful and pleasurable our forum would be with some PICTURES in it.

Umm, Mods, this belongs in the whinge section.....
    It isn't the size that counts matey, surely you have figured that out by now?

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post

Plus one on that, but whoever owns the site is still having to pay for the bandwidth and going by talk on another site it can mean a big hike in the bill for whoever is running the show.
    Be nice to see images without having to log in also.
    A flikr account is free and you can control who sees what, I post stuff here via "grab the BBL code" and it shows a reasonable size preview pic here, users can click to full res.
    But yeah be nice to be able to quickly post small pics of stuff I broke to ask how to fix it

I think one of the mods has dial up, until he gets broadband this site is stuck in the dark ages.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Arrested? Noooo. Beaten for posting in the wrong section?

Relevant comments have been made, and full size can be incredibly annoying if you're on a smaller monitor, as the text won't wrap to screen, it wraps to post, plus speed comments etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Oh, so now we have to pander to people with small monitors? Running out of excuses, but I'm sure they will trot them out forever.
    Waging war with society

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    I hardly ever go to ADVRider because I find this forum better because at least I can attach photos whereas over there it only let's me do links and I can't be arsed loading my photos somewhere else first just to get them on the forum so I'm not complaining about this site.
    Cheers

Merv

Much easier to have a site like Photobucket where I put the photos I want to be seen online, my own computer photo file is full of all sorts of crap.
    Waging war with society

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post
    Much easier to have a site like Photobucket where I put the photos I want to be seen online, my own computer photo file is full of all sorts of crap.
    yes,asndd the adv equivalent is smug mug where you pay 5 for the privelige.I think smug mug is run by the same people that run adv rider.I am with the above poster who says its a bandwidth thing

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Trouble with using services such as photobucket is with the free accounts once the photos have not been looked at for several months they dissapear, then people who come along looknig for stuff get broken picture icons all over the forum instead of proper trip reports or bike pics.

Example here... from the ADV Rider Thread: New Zealand pics. Let's see 'em!
    www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6461492&postcount=11

and even better here....
    www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6462471&postcount=13
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    I don't think Photobucket removes old pics (other services might), but most common would be people re-organising their pictures and/or albums and this breaks the links.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Yeah, as I said don't mind doing them on here, they sit there as thumbnails and you can open the ones you want and they are all still there like on this thread http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...11-Ride-Report
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    All of them
    Flickr is very good now. A terabyte for free and lots of sharing options.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigdavespics/

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Use the Blogs. Don't care what size images are posted in there.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Thread Information