Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid Temptation

Bike
    The Black Pearl
    Blog Entries
    If cost isn't really an issue - ongoings included - could you not forgo the loss you would make on selling the GSA, keep it and get something like a Z, bandit, hornet, speed triple, busa for around town roadie fun, and use the GSA for the epic endurance rides and adv stuff? Even 2nd hand, you could probably get a good 2nd bike for the price of what you would lose on the GSA.
    Keep on chooglin'

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    So your bike is perfect for you in every way except it is missing excitement? Or excitement of being a new bike?

Are you going to the Ohura ride?
    Probably excitement of being a new bike. Don't really need to fit any accessories either, as they're all done Just that niggling wonder of something being better, and while something would be better in one or two areas, it wouldn't be better in everything, and a lot worse in some. Hence, going in circles and still concluding that the GSA is best, buggrit. Not that the bike is disappointing, as it's good fun to ride. Yes, I'll be on the ride on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Smifffy View Post
    If cost isn't really an issue - ongoings included - could you not forgo the loss you would make on selling the GSA, keep it and get something like a Z, bandit, hornet, speed triple, busa for around town roadie fun, and use the GSA for the epic endurance rides and adv stuff? Even 2nd hand, you could probably get a good 2nd bike for the price of what you would lose on the GSA.
    Actually have a CB900 for around town, and it's perfect for it, so yes, the GSA is basically kept for anything outside of town work. Yes, I would lose big time if I traded/sold, well aware of that (mileage is at 79,000km for a 2010 bike). GSA is definitely not the right bike for commuting around Auckland.

Just venting I guess... and wondering if others were thinking the same way...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    The Black Pearl
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Probably excitement of being a new bike. Don't really need to fit any accessories either, as they're all done Just that niggling wonder of something being better, and while something would be better in one or two areas, it wouldn't be better in everything, and a lot worse in some. Hence, going in circles and still concluding that the GSA is best, buggrit. Not that the bike is disappointing, as it's good fun to ride. Yes, I'll be on the ride on Saturday.

Actually have a CB900 for around town, and it's perfect for it, so yes, the GSA is basically kept for anything outside of town work. Yes, I would lose big time if I traded/sold, well aware of that (mileage is at 79,000km for a 2010 bike). GSA is definitely not the right bike for commuting around Auckland.

Maybe swap the 900 for a ZXR?
    Keep on chooglin'

Bike
    Nada
    Just buy an extra bike that will satisfy the other urges/requirements.
    Have had a couple of bikes and have yet to find a bike that will do everything I want, however the current wee cruiser seems to do most...for me.

Bike
    A
    Haha, kinda relieved to see you're just like most bikers...always thinking of the next bike!

Now apart from the desire to add the occasional offroad excursion to my rides, I've recently worked my way thru this dilemma...what to get next? In days gone by I've had more than one bike, but in recent years it's been one bike and one car.

So my list included bikes such as the Concours, new FJR1300, ST1300, R1200RT, K1300S, VFR1200, ZX14, Busa, Bandit, HD Road King, V-Strom...and ended up with a Busa after dismissing, for various reasons, the rest.

How long before I start pondering what next? Mmmm, maybe once we get a Yamaha dealer in Welly I'd add an FJR1300

So yes I can understand your dilemma

Maybe the solution is to find a wee lass that will put her thumb on your forehead?

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Maybe the solution is to find a wee lass that will put her thumb on your forehead?
    Being single, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing?

The cunning salesman at my favourite local dealer has spied this thread. He's convinced that when the weather improves and they put an ST1300 on the road, I need to have a ride. They're only $22k currently for a brand new one! Never ridden one...

I think I'd be tempted by it's replacement model... as the current is missing things like factory heated grips (not extra) and cruise control etc. Only problem is, who knows when that will happen.
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    A
    Being single, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing?

The cunning salesman at my favourite local dealer has spied this thread. He's convinced that when the weather improves and they put an ST1300 on the road, I need to have a ride. They're only $22k currently for a brand new one! Never ridden one...

I think I'd be tempted by it's replacement model... as the current is missing things like factory heated grips (not extra) and cruise control etc. Only problem is, who knows when that will happen.
    Nothing wrong with the right woman...you'll spend the same amount of time in the saddle, just the bike won't clock up the kays as quickly

ST1300 is a bit dated and I don't like the oddball tyre sizes. Cool bike though, just not a long term prospect for me, it just seems overdue for an update. And yes the Busa I bought is a dinosaur as well but it's a colour that the wifey liked...and I told her it's speed limited

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    ST1300 is a bit dated and I don't like the oddball tyre sizes.
    100% agreed on those points as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz
    ...and I told her it's speed limited
    I don't think you told her the limit is 299?

Bike
    A
    100% agreed on those points as well...

I don't think you told her the limit is 299?
    Yes she knew the 299 limiter before I ordered the Busa. Mind you, the fact my life insurance policy is quite healthy makes me think there might be an ulterior motive

Be interesting to hear what bike you end up with though...my bet is you'll find keeping the GSA for a bit longer the best short term option

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Checking the BMW into the shop for the 80k service today, instead of being given the usual F650CS tractor, this time I was treated to a 2013 F800GT with 660km on the clock. Granted, it's a middleweight, but one thing I've been reminded of... road bike suspension doesn't have enough travel... Otherwise it's a nice bike to enjoy. The smaller middleweights are lighter to move around (except the indicator on the right bar seems to have disappeared )

Anyone with a Concours 14, R1200RT, ST1300 etc feel free to chime in about suspension travel...

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Did I tell you a rode a K1600GT the other day? It's hilarious. A turbine with two wheels.
    A little on the porky side, but that'd make it a good match for you.
    Muahahahaa *runs for cover*

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    Anyone with a Concours 14, R1200RT, ST1300 etc feel free to chime in about suspension travel...
    Suspension works...you can get bounced out of the seat if say for example you might have been in a bit of a hurry over some bumpy road around the East Cape one fine October evening...otherwise I've no complaints.

A guy asked me the other day how the Connie compared to the DL - well, you can't compare it...fairly...

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Did I tell you a rode a K1600GT the other day? It's hilarious. A turbine with two wheels.
    A little on the porky side, but that'd make it a good match for you.
    Muahahahaa *runs for cover*
    har har. I ain't paying $46k or whatever the price is for one Primarily because I don't have $46k. Still, I do want it's headlight. No, you didn't tell me you'd ridden one.

Thanks banditrider...

Bike
    F3, DRZ400, RVF400, 250 XC-F
    There is a low mileage one on TM with all the fruit for 33k.......

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LankyBastard View Post
    There is a low mileage one on TM with all the fruit for 33k.......
    I'm worried you know that... actually, welcome to the family Wonder if it's had it's gearbox replaced, 2012s have issues...

Temptation, but I don't have 33k either.

Thread Information