Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How about some motard riders in Auckland?

Bike
    2010, Suzuki DR-Z400SM
    Quote Originally Posted by bosslady View Post
    What kind of skid plate were you thinking?
    Something like this : MSR

Just after something a bit thicker than what Suzuki provides, the case savers are also a must, and I'm also tempted to get some better axel sliders, the Big Knobs ones are nice, may be a little on the high price side but I've been told they are good .. and the guy making them is an Aucklander living in Oz.

Bike
    2010, Suzuki DR-Z400SM
    Apparently my bike gets to 110 miles (170ks?) On main, which is 8L. Reserve is only 2 litres.
    I get 175km to reserve, slightly more if I don't thrash it so much .. but thrashing doesn't seem to make a huge difference .. here's my Fuelly stats :-)

Bike
    Nothing :(
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by strandedinnz View Post
    Something like this : MSR

Just after something a bit thicker than what Suzuki provides, the case savers are also a must, and I'm also tempted to get some better axel sliders, the Big Knobs ones are nice, may be a little on the high price side but I've been told they are good .. and the guy making them is an Aucklander living in Oz.
    Ohhh those knobs look cool! I'd love some pick up ones! Why those sliders though?
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    2010, Suzuki DR-Z400SM
    The sliders that come on the SM are are a bit naff in that they can get pulled out when sliding alone the road, the Big Knobs have a steel pin all the way through, so more chance for them to stay on the bike taking the damage then coming off and the forks/swingarm taking the damage.

Plus they got recommended here on KB so they must be good right ?

Bike
    2010, Suzuki DR-Z400SM
    Weekend after next maybe? I.e. 28/29
    If it's nice weather I'd be up for a ride ... which area and what terrain ?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    If it's nice weather I'd be up for a ride ... which area and what terrain ?
    Leathel mentioned he is doing a pie and beer run or something so could do that, or something else? Could be interesting.
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    Leathel mentioned he is doing a pie and beer run or something so could do that, or something else? Could be interesting.
    It has found its way on here....

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/ca...013-9-29&c=all

Pie and pint run, with the option of some windy roads on the way home on 22 if you like, but if going out 22 you Motard riders will need to fill at Ngaruawahia or cart some gas to top up at Wangaro, or go out to Huntly and home on SH1 like a bunch will be, still some tighter stuff but opens up to some open windy roads

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Tee hee hee. Just paid for my new bits, don't know how long they will take to come in though. Will be interesting to see if there is much of a difference with the brakes. Also not sure what silicone to use to attach the case savers?

Bike
    2010, Suzuki DR-Z400SM
    Tee hee hee. Just paid for my new bits, don't know how long they will take to come in though. Will be interesting to see if there is much of a difference with the brakes. Also not sure what silicone to use to attach the case savers?
    Personally I'd not silicone them on, I'd get some of that velcro tape with the sticky back, then if you need to get it off you can Though finding some tape that won't come off once warmed up might be a bit awkward.

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    I have some gear that will glue but you will not be getting it off in a hurry....or adhesive tape that will stick it and can be removed....with effort and it should handle the heat

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Personally I'd not silicone them on, I'd get some of that velcro tape with the sticky back, then if you need to get it off you can Though finding some tape that won't come off once warmed up might be a bit awkward.
    Quote Originally Posted by leathel View Post
    I have some gear that will glue but you will not be getting it off in a hurry....or adhesive tape that will stick it and can be removed....with effort and it should handle the heat
    Why would I want to take it off? Might have to think more on this one but I'd have thought you'd want it on there proper in case you're in an accident?

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    Why would I want to take it off? Might have to think more on this one but I'd have thought you'd want it on there proper in case you're in an accident?
    when that one is well worn you may want a new one.... easy to fit permanently

Bike
    XT660R / TTR250 / 2 old Montesa's
    Tee hee hee. Just paid for my new bits, don't know how long they will take to come in though. Will be interesting to see if there is much of a difference with the brakes.
    If your standard brake lines were 20 years old you might notice a diffrents.... but your bike is still quite new...
    so yer most lightly won't as it will be so small...
    Pete

90% of all Harleys built are still on the road... The other 10% made it back home...
    Ducati... Makeing riders into mechaincs since 1964...

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-blen View Post
    If your standard brake lines were 20 years old you might notice a diffrents.... but your bike is still quite new...
    so yer most lightly won't as it will be so small...
    Braided meant to be much better for harder braking but will wait and see. Will need to look at brake pads and fluid change perhaps as the brakes feel shit, guess I could just be used to them now though.

Bike
    2010, Suzuki DR-Z400SM
    Just had a little look at the TT savers on their website ... I think they screw on anyway, looks like the saver goes right over and has passthrough holes for the original bolts ... be interesting to have a looksie at yours when you get them

Thread Information