Page 43 of 90 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Canterbury Trail Rides?

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Well leave it on, its glistening in the sun in that picture.

If it's there for show, its rockin it.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    BSA A10
    It does work, but to someone used to modern disc brakes I can see why they would think that
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Have to say l was a bit underwhelmed by this Walkari ride. Just a bit samey with not enough challenge. They should have made more use of that forestry block. Good to see Flash using the mighty it200 properly. Mind you, l would not have enjoyed that shale covered downhill in the wet. I take it was not flash that drove his Beta into a tree in the forestry block?

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    I take it was not flash that drove his Beta into a tree in the forestry block?
    Yeah it was, thinks he has a cracked rib now he has his kidney belt off

He had a go at the big hill climb on the IT, it didn't end well 34 minutes in
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Bike
    BSA A10
    Omihi today, 2 x 40km loops, nothing particularly challenging although there seemed to be a few people having problems with a short, steep uphill with no real run up, of course the mighty IT200 fired up it like a Saturn rocket

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IT1.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	120.1 KB 
ID:	348393 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IT3.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	348394 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IT4.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	348395

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Nice view. Did Trig ride out Levin last week. There's another Levin ride next month but I don't think I'll do it. Mainly cause I've been sleeping in a chair since then.

Bike
    2009 Kawasaki Versys 650
    It was indeed an astonishing view.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Bugger it, did not get up there was baby sitting my boy on his kx85, seven laps of the novice loop... Told him next time he's doing the full works...
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Hey... the next one is Grasmere, new site I think up Craigieburn rd been there a few times in the 4x4... but wat I'm asking has anyone don this ride before?
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    Hey... the next one is Grasmere, new site I think up Craigieburn rd been there a few times in the 4x4... but wat I'm asking has anyone don this ride before?
    I haven't even heard of it before

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Calix Lee View Post
    It was indeed an astonishing view.
    What were you riding ?

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    I haven't even heard of it before
    7th Feb https://www.myrides.co.nz/trail-rides-xidc53532.html

http://www.myrides.co.nz/content.asp...727476BDCECE5F
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    BSA A10
    Grassmere today, not a bad ride, some dumb cunt dropped their KDX200 in the river, he shall remain nameless but we'll call him Dangerous for the purpose of taking the piss out of him, had a ride on a YZF450 Yamapig thingy, got it bogged within 200 metres, while the owner crashed my IT200 at walking pace and then rode past us, good circuit, fucked after two laps, the 450 is just too heavy and too fast for me, it gets better the faster you go but I don't

Name:	Grassmere.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	564.3 KB 
ID:	348476 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pearson.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	597.7 KB 
ID:	348477

Name:	Stuck.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	730.6 KB 
ID:	348478 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Waimak.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	403.4 KB 
ID:	348479

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Yeah 450s are too top heavy. Surprisingly peaky too. Need a 2 stroke for torque.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    Bugger it, did not get up there was baby sitting my boy on his kx85, seven laps of the novice loop... Told him next time he's doing the full works...
    yeah... well he showed me today...

so, its like this in a tru dangerous fashion... ohh ok I fucked it all up again.

so departed over the road over the rail line look there goes the novis route, better take that as the boy (10yrs old) will crack the shits If we go full send... well apparently the novice loop ran parallel with the main track ie around Kickahas piss poor attempt at mud plugging.. but this dumb blind ranga seen a 4x4 track and thought thats our novis loop... yeah well couple a k up the RETURN TRACK yes the wrong way, I seen a red arrow... sweet thats us of we go... a bit of rock hopping cross country short cuts (hey we were 1st on it) we.. well I ended up to the tank in a fucking swamp... 10mins later after I got the fucking thing out a group of well set up professional riders rocked up with all the kit n shit, and all but one got stuck... FFS guys piss off to a enduro loop this is for us novices... well one knight in shining armour helped me out, yeah got stuck again and again on the kids bike, only cos I helped him out and he said that boys got some balls and ya not doing bad ya self on a 30yr old bike... these enduro loops aint easy... FUCK... FUCK again some bloody how I ended up going the wrong shitting way... any how went back down the access rd which apparently is the return rd and back to pit for a breather... well done son ya done ya 1st enduro loop.

noted wile trying to get the heart back to a half decent beat that we had pitted next to that cunt Kickaha... SHIT could this day get any worse...

round2 north this time mean track up up and up wicked view of the Mak jet boats boosting up it... then came a mean decent shaley loose shit and steep as buggery, all good lets do this boy, well 2/3 the way down he ground to a halt, I walked back up to help I held the bike Victorious on the other side, when out of the dust came a out a control klx with a fat shella astride trying to gain control, had to be that arse of hers pushing the wee klx past any reasonable speed it should not reach, fuck I couldn't do anything she took out my boy sent him 2m face planting the track, poor wee bastard (yeah my bastard) got up and said he was ok, still in shock he got on and rode down... fucking good on him I was proud, tho hes saw as hell now.

... river crossings.... yeah, ok so pulled up behind 3 guys decent flow rocky slimy... yeah I was warned to walk it across but with 10 guys standing around upside down bikes and the clown in front hydroplaning it across I figured 'I Got this shit"
    hmmm... both me and the kdx were looking up through the water from the river bed fuck this is weird... my knight in shining armour brought me and the bike back to were it was easier to breath, and the next 30 mins was spent with the bike upside down and soooo much water coming out the plug hole, shit how long was I down there for... to fucked in the heat my night got the bike running again.
    Mean while my boy went up stream and crossed meeting up with us... looks at me shaking his head... christ I coulda strangled the wee shit.
    Rest went ok, awesome ride the kdx running better than ever wit freshly cleaned power valves... fuck this Im going back to road riding... till next time...

and who was that knight
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Thread Information