Page 42 of 90 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Canterbury Trail Rides?

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    I had an awesome day at Waipara on Sunday. 2 laps, 2 enduro sections on the mighty KDX200. That loam in the forestry sections was magic. Traction for Africa, unlike that sandy shite at Amberley. The first 2 enduro sections were very straight forward but like you said Kick, No 3 was the section of doom! My new fav ride.

Bike
    Aaaaaaaaaand it looke like I have sold my Triumph STR so I can get a Beta 300 so Kickaha can tow me!

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    That loam in the forestry sections was magic. Traction for Africa, unlike that sandy shite at Amberley.
    Yeah funny that when they're only a few KM down the road from each other

Aaaaaaaaaand it looks like I have sold my Triumph STR so I can get a Beta 300 so Kickaha can tow me!
    Only 5% of them do it so there's a 95% chance I wont have to, you'll need that Beta to keep up with the Mighty IT200 anyway

I rode the Beta 300 from the end of the Forestry back to the carpark, quite cool, awesome brakes and power, seat like granite
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    BSA A10
    Waikari ride this weekend, "Challenging main track" they need to work on their wording, that doesn't sound attractive
    http://www.myrides.co.nz/content.asp...5AC7221BD92084
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Bike
    BSA A10
    So the main track wasn't really that challenging, only one shitty downhill with a bog at the bottom but not that hard, some good riding and big uphills
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IT200.1.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	347770

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    We had z Fidel too. Enduro loop would have been awesome in February. Was eye opening in November.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Yes, I enjoyed that ride. We did 3 loops of the main loop. One of our riders did all the enduros. I made it down the steep downhill the first time but stuffed up the wee bog at the bottom.... It was closed on loops 2 and 3. I think somebody got hurt. The rescue chopper seemed busy!

Bike
    BSA A10
    Yes, I enjoyed that ride. We did 3 loops of the main loop. One of our riders did all the enduros. I made it down the steep downhill the first time but stuffed up the wee bog at the bottom.... It was closed on loops 2 and 3. I think somebody got hurt. The rescue chopper seemed busy!
    It was open when we went through it on loop 2 which was just after we were talking to you, did it easy compared to the first lap when I dropped the bike right at the bottom and flooded it, once it was running I went through it with no problem, all the boggy bits seem to be hard underneath so no real traction problems

Bike
    2009 Kawasaki Versys 650
    It seems like a lot of the members had fun at this event.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    well... thats east cape and back done, dont wana see the guzzi seat again for some time... sp when can I put my arse on the kawa seat next... gota be more comphy... and my boys asking to
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    well... thats east cape and back done, dont wana see the guzzi seat again for some time... sp when can I put my arse on the kawa seat next... gota be more comphy... and my boys asking to
    This weekend coming. Fairlie 2 day trail ride. I am looking at doing the second day[Sunday] Burkes pass ride. You would enjoy this.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    This weekend coming. Fairlie 2 day trail ride. I am looking at doing the second day[Sunday] Burkes pass ride. You would enjoy this.
    would love to but im fucked with time, would like to check out the southern classic to never been there... and our very own alley cat is humping a velo 250... that alone is worth a look... but alas...
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    BSA A10
    I thought I was working Saturday so made other plans but that's just been changed, I would have done the Saturday and Southern Classic Sunday, ah well weekend after at Scargill then

Bike
    Did day 2 of the Fairlie Trail ride off Burkes pass. Totally spectacular. First third quite technical and challenging downhills, second third, up big hills to world class views of the Mckenzie basin and Southern Alps including Aoraki, then final third, desert wasteland into fantastic hill farmland that was nothing but FUN! Almost my fav ride for this year. Waikari part 2 next week....

Bike
    BSA A10
    Out Waikari way today, 30km loop, some not bad terrain big up and downs, lot drier than last time I did it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201206_125503.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	802.0 KB 
ID:	347941

People were queuing up to ride the mighty IT200, so I got a ride on a 2020 Beta 300 and a 2016 Beta 350 in trade, the Beta 350 rider was a bit unkind and suggested I just remove and throw away the front brake lever as it only appears to be there for show

Thread Information