Yeah but you didn’t, you chose the helicopter ride instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    flashg

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by flashg View Post
    Yeah but you didn’t, you chose the helicopter ride instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hey look... what did the fuckwit do this time... wimp out half way through the ride with a pitiful excuse... "ohhh I ate one to may pies"
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    hey look... what did the fuckwit do this time... wimp out half way through the ride with a pitiful excuse... "ohhh I ate one to may pies"
    Depends whether a full blow heart attack is considered wimping out I guess
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Mt Benger trail ride was a pleasant open hill country trail ride-great weather. 2 of the enduros were very challenging hill climbs. I chose life and watched the young people looping out and boosting the sale of rear mudguards on monday!

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    Mt Benger trail ride was a pleasant open hill country trail ride-great weather. 2 of the enduros were very challenging hill climbs. I chose life and watched the young people looping out and boosting the sale of rear mudguards on monday!
    Was that a new one, I don't recall ever doing that one before ? busy month with a ride each weekend and I'll miss them all
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Off topic but this is the only action in dirt area. Week ago rode the Xtrainer after suspension mods. They are a queer set up but huge transformation. It used to feel pretty dicey and twitchy on anything other than hardpack.

I did 4 loops on the dry side of Tora and with a couple of tweaks found myself able to throw the bike into rough stuff at speed with reckless abandon. I was going for gay abandon, but it really is that much better. Next step, the stiffer rear spring finally turned up.

This track didn't have pounding whoops so I'll reserve judgement on whether the forks are good enough long term. Putting a bit more oil in as I did bottom them going uphill bump at speed.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Week ago rode the Xtrainer after suspension mods. They are a queer set up but huge transformation. It used to feel pretty dicey and twitchy on anything other than hardpack.
    What did you have done ? I rode one with only a couple of hours on it and it felt fine to me but I am used to old shit

Chris was that you in Streeter's Enduro video parked part way up a hill on the enduro loop or are all X Trainers owners required to colour coordinate with their bikes ?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Missed that memo. I finally bought some new kit that actually matched my bike. Or didn't clash with it for once. Then I bought a bike with an entirely different palette. Oh well.

So like every piston in the forks and shock are the same part. Moved compression adjuster, radically different valving and bit more flow on one of them. Bryce up here did it and it is a considerable change. Not up to KYB SSS forks standard, but for what we started with, everything is a bit queer and small.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    and this weekend... something bout port levy...

Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Depends whether a full blow heart attack is considered wimping out I guess
    fuck man... TIE for shit sakes, not that ya ever think ya due one when we are generally healthy old bastards, specially when ya look around at half the fat lazy bastards that are out there...
    does this mean you have to park the trail riding up, getting a stint or 5... whats the go Mr Democks?

PS, who do I owe the tenner to that I said Kickaha has no heart...
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    does this mean you have to park the trail riding up, getting a stint or 5... whats the go Mr Democks?
    one stent, be riding again around the end of the month

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    What did you have done ? I rode one with only a couple of hours on it and it felt fine to me but I am used to old shit

Chris was that you in Streeter's Enduro video parked part way up a hill on the enduro loop or are all X Trainers owners required to colour coordinate with their bikes ?
    Mt Benger was on the Hurunui bluffs Road-first time for me but I think it was run last year. I was in hospital having the kidney stone experience at the time..... Sadly that was not me at the top of those hill climbs. Some young talented bastard. However I was at the bottom watching! They were brutal and not many made the second one. It was a pleasant ride but could be more challenging. Yes, Port Levy this weekend-I did that a few years ago and it was sweet. Stunning views.
    Interesting about the suspension Dave. I rode a Beta 200RR recently and the suspension damping was so much more controlled but of course the payback was a higher seat. I am ok with mine-the sags are right as are the spring rates, and the bike as never designed as a go fast weapon in the flowing trails.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Thing is, I felt so much more confident going slow that I could speed up.

. . . Once the wet grass had dried some. I was the slowest of my mates on first loop. Fastest on last.

Bike
    Port Levy was all the awesome. Slippery and steep with superb views. 2 very tricky climbs about 2/3rds through-wet clay and exposed rock. These caused huge bottlenecks and diversions had to be put into place eventually. A mate did the enduro section-very difficult apparently-on our second lap we saw some riders who had been stuck in there for 2 hours! Overall-great day, we are so lucky to have this ride on our back doorstep.

Bike
    BSA A10
    I watched Streeter's videos, bastards the lot of you, should see you at Lowry hills all going well

Bike
    Lowry Peaks was......good. The main track was 32kms of straight forward farm track-not too muddy or slippery. The weather was probably the best weather in NZ at that time! However the enduro sections required Jarvis like skills! I could not even get my bike pointed in the right direction for the first hillclimb! If it was not for the help of the talented rider I ride with, my corpse would still be there. #Bittenoffmore than hecouldchew!

Thread Information